Search for content in message boards

Jay Henderick Day

Jay Henderick Day

Posted: 23 Feb 2012 8:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Day
I am looking for family information for Jay H. Day b. 13 Nov 1921 (Bremerton, WA) d. 23 Sep 90 (Deschutes, OR) mother was Vera C. Day. married Dorothy Eileen Denton (?) 15 Oct 1945. I'm interested in his siblings and also his children.

Re: Jay Henderick Day

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 12:48AM GMT
I'm sorry to say I don't have the info you're requesting, but I did find the SSDI listing for his wife, which gives her last zip code:

Social Security Death Index
First Name: Dorothy
Middle Name: E
Last Name: Day
Birth Date: 19 October 1919
Social Security Number: 491-28-5278
Place of Issuance: Missouri
Last Residence: Bend, Deschutes, Oregon
Zip Code of Last Residence: 97701
Death Date: 18 March 2006
Estimated Age at Death: 87

Since he lived here:

U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
Name: Jay H Day
Birth Date: 13 Nov 1921
Address: 65115 Cline Falls Rd, Bend, OR, 97701-9054 (1983)
[6744 Huntington Cir SE, Salem, OR, 97306-1487 (1992)]

and in Salem, OR (between 1971-75 per Oregon City Directories), you might Google public libaries in the last zip code, and see if they can locate an obit for you for either him or her. The obit would have survivors and then you can move on from there.

Their local newspaper: "The Bulletin publishes free death notices, and full obituaries can be submitted through the advertising department. For more information, call 541-617-7825 or email obits@bendbulletin.com"

Good luck!

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 7:49PM GMT
Thank you very much for responding to my question re: Jay H Day. I did have a small amount of information, but you've filled in some gaps for me and also given me some leads that I hadn't thought about. I very much appreciate your taking the time to search out your information and taking the time to send it along.

I wasn't aware of the obituary lead and will follow up on that for both Jay and his wife, Dorothy. Again, thank you!

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 8:52PM GMT
You're so welcome. I wish I could have found the actual obits - in my humble experience, it's like hitting the lottery! oh JOY! :-)
just a thought - if I don't see a record on Ancestry, I always go to LDS or the actual State Archives ... been pretty successful for at least getting some dates to move forward.
Good luck in your quest!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic