Search for content in message boards

Looking for family roots in western PA...many names

Looking for family roots in western PA...many names

Paula (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 4:04PM GMT
Names:
Dixon - of Northeast, PA (Lester Edna Blanding-Dixon...Gertie John Swanson of Gerry, NY are related)
Haaser - of Titusville, PA (Frank Augusta)
Popeney or Poupeney or Popney - of Frenchtown, PA (any and all relations on back from Montbozon or Besnans, France in 1700's)
Fluharty - of Phildelphia (David Bethuel Fluharty and relations)
Atwell - Chester Bennett Atwell specifically; mother was Rena that lived in Binghamton, NY
Posted: 8 Oct 2000 8:51PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 7:55PM GMT
I have no telephone listing in my phonebook for Haaser.Thought you would like to know that. TTFN,Butch George

Re: Looking for family roots in western PA...many names

L.S.Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 26 Aug 2001 3:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
I just came across some year-old messages on Rootsweb in which you ask about ancestors. My Great-great grandparents, Francois [aka Francis] and Marie Elouise[aka Elise] emigrated from the village of Chamsole, above the town of Besancon, Dept. Doubs, in 1838, traveling via New Orleans up the Mississippi and settling in the village of Carondelet. Five miles from St. Louis, it eventually became the southern-most part, by anexation, of the City of St. Louis. I note that one of their surviving sons was also a Francis or Frank Poupeney.I grew up in St. Louis but no longer live there, although my family does. Another 'cousin' living in MO has also been doing a lot of genealogical searching. My Great Grandfather, Joseph Pierre Poupeney, was the youngest son and his son, my Grandfather, was Oris Joseph Poupeney. No doubt all of us (the Missouri Poupeney cousins) do have a connection five or so generations back--near Besancon.
Cheers, L. Roberts

Posted: 30 Dec 2002 2:29AM GMT
I am also looking for family of Chester Bennett Atwell, whos mother was Rena Price of Binghamton Ny. She passed away in St Petersburg Fl - Sept 16,1998. Have you located any family?

Posted: 18 Apr 2013 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: Atwell
My father was married to Rena and Chester Bennett Atwell is my half-brother.
My father is deceased and Chester lives somewhere in Michigan.
What is it that you'd like to know about the family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions