Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Oct 2010 10:28PM GMT
My grandfather sounds close to what you where discribing:

This is all I know
Floyd Leroy Stephenson of Bigs field,Texas
Maried Gladys Arminta Lickingteller of Oregon City, Oregon
on May 5th 1943
My mother was born Oct.28,1943
She was the only child and I hope this helps if you have more information and you want to share I have their marriage license.

Re: LICKINGTELLER Surname

CJS (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2010 10:26PM GMT
I am happy to have accidently stumpled onto the message board at ancestry.com

My maiden name is Lickingteller. Recently my grandfather passed away and our family believed we were down to only four men with the last name! I have just begun the ancestry search and would be appreciative of any information regarding the Lickingteller lineage. I may be niave but it is really uncommon enough that I believe there must be a connection somewhere!

Please email any information you have! I believe that my grandfather came from the Missouri area and settled in South Dakota where he married my grandmother.

Thanks in advance!
CJ

Diane Troxell (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2001 7:15PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2010 10:26PM GMT
I ran across your message tonight. My father was Orlin James Lickingteller and I am guessing that your Grandfather was his brother Lewis. It is definitely a unique name. I have a limited amount of information about the family if you are interested.

Re: Lickingteller

Posted: 24 Oct 2010 6:44PM GMT
We are interested in info about Jonathan & Hannah Lickingteller and their children. We have documentation that they lived in Iowa about 1857 and that he was a Civil War veteran.

Re: STEPHENSON -- LICKINGTELLER Connection

Posted: 23 Jul 2013 6:30PM GMT
All the information that I find regarding the death of Gladys Arminta point to burial in Placer County, CA. Does anyone know if this is correct? If it is correct, what cemetary is she buried in (I have relatives in CA that could verify this)?

Posted: 25 Mar 2014 4:43AM GMT
My grandmother's name was Gladys Arminta Lickingteller.
She was born 12/16/1918 in Idaho, and died at the age of 29 on 4/22/1948 in Placer, California.
She married my grandfather Floyd Leroy Stephenson in 1943.
My mother was Gladys' first child, her maiden name was Jerry Lee Stephenson born in El Paso, Texas on 10/29/43. Word has it my grandfather wanted a boy, that's why he named my mom "Jerry Lee". Gladys had another daughter named Joyce Ellen Stephenson on 11/13/1946 in Sacramento, California but she passed away the same day she was born according to what I have been able to find out.
Anyhow I just wanted to pass on what information I had in case my mom was listed as a Lickingteller on her birth certificate. Gladys and Floyd were married May of 1943 and my mom was born in October so it's a possibility.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic