Search for content in message boards

Phineas Davis Farmhouse -Mexico, NY?

Phineas Davis Farmhouse -Mexico, NY?

Posted: 22 May 2004 8:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davis
The Farmhouse of Phineas Davis in Mexico, Oswego County, New York is on the National Register of Historic Places. The address is listed as 5422 North Rd, Mexico, NY. But I can find no such address. I've tried 5422, 542, 54 and North Rd as well as CR-1.

I am ultimately on the hunt for pictures, but with a correct address at least I should be able to see it on the terraserver.

Many thanks

Re: Phineas Davis Farmhouse -Mexico, NY?

John Darling (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2004 3:10PM GMT
It sounds as though you might have a "box" number which preceeded the current house numbering now in use. A current address would probably refer to the road as CR 1. Also, CR 1 may have parts of its mail delivered by the Mexico PO, but it actually ends in the town of New Haven.
I do not find a Davis on my old, 1860's, map along CR 1 New Haven. There are many Davis's here in town of Scriba but I do not show a Phineas.
John

Posted: 23 May 2004 8:03PM GMT
Thanks for taking the time to reply. This property was added to the National Register in 1991 so I assumed it would be a good address. I'll keep hunting.

Here's the link to the National Register of Historic Places:
http://www.nationalregisterofhistoricplaces.com/NY/Oswego/st... Scroll down to find "Davis, Phineas Farmstead"

Lucinda Spicer (View posts)
Posted: 8 Dec 2004 6:31PM GMT
The Phineas Davis Farmhouse is located on North Street, Mexico NY and was the home of Mr. & Mrs. Robert Monson,
the house is now the residence of George Robert Monson.
I am not sure of the current address, but I spent much time in the house when Aunt Jo (Georgianna Lattimer Monson) and uncle Bob lived there.
The barn across the street that burnt in 1960 was rebuilt and today is a office, apartment home. Georgianna Monson who is now 88 lives in the apartment across the street from her former home. I have her address and phone number at home. I am a work at the moment, but you can e-mail me and I will give you what info I have on the house. Phineas Davis family was originally from Orwell and later moved to Mexico. There is a family relationship with Georgianna and the Davis'. I remember my dad, Robert Stanley Lattimer talking about that when I was growing up.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Lucinda Lattimer Spicer
154 N Steel Bridge Road
Eatonton GA 31024
706-484-1733

Posted: 9 Dec 2004 6:26AM GMT
Lucinda - How great to hear from you! I sent you a long email today and it bounced for incorrect email address. Please email me directly so I'll have the right address and I'll start over. Looking forward to it - and thanks for taking the time to respond!!!

Posted: 20 Mar 2005 4:32PM GMT
In reply to Lucinda Spicers email. I just ran across this sight and your posting. My maiden name was Linda Monson and Bob Monson was my uncle. I also played at the farm and remember Uncle Bill quite well. I am now living in Minnesota and at the moment vacationing in AZ. Drop me an email if you get this message. Linda
per page

Find a board about a specific topic