Search for content in message boards

Ernest Sterzer Hungary to NY immig 1907

Ernest Sterzer Hungary to NY immig 1907

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 12:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Nov 2010 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Sterzer
I am looking for any information on Ernest Sterzer. He may have come from Sutto, Hungary. I know he immigrated in 1907 with his two nieces on the Kaiser Wilheim Gross.
They possibly departed from Hamburg?
Most likely arrived in NY on July 24th 1907.

I would like to know if he was married, had children, and if so who these folks were, dob etc.

His nieces were Johanna and Rose ages 13 and 11 respectively when they immigrated in 1907. Their father was Florian Polacsek living at the time in Ridgeway Long Island NY.

While Ernest Sterzer is listed as the girls uncle, I'd like to know where that uncle connection is. Who was he related to to make him the girls uncle.?

If Ernest was married with children did they immigrate as well? Who were Ernest parents, sibblings etc.

Thank you for any help

barbara

Re: Ernest Sterzer Hungary to NY immig 1907

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 5:25PM GMT
Barbara, you are right that Ernest's name was Sterzer, not Herzer as I had previously read it. In fact, the Hungarian genealogical website Radix confirms the Sterzer name in Süttő.

However, he was not traveling with two nieces, but niece and nephew. Look at the manifest again and you will see that Johann (German form of John) is a male.

It is possible that Ernest returned to Hungary (many did) after accompanying his niece and nephew to their family, or that he changed his name after he immigrated. If he returned to Hungary, you might find him listed in the death records for Süttő.

Is there some reason you are avoiding looking at the Süttő church records? Do you need help?

Janet

Posted: 4 Jan 2010 6:32PM GMT
Thank you Janet.

barbara

Posted: 14 Nov 2010 3:21AM GMT
Do I need help(referring to above message)? Sometimes, as I am legally blind and sometimes its difficult for me.

Thank you
Barbara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions