Search for content in message boards

Magdalena Klein, born 3 May 1817 in Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands

Magdalena Klein, born 3 May 1817 in Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Klein, Zipfel
Has anyone has access to church records from Arnhem (1817)?. I would actually need a birth / christening record for the above mentioned person, if there is one.
Her mother, also Magdalena Klein gave birth to a daugther in 1817 in Arnhem. The child was born out of wedlock.
Mother Magdalena Klein was from Gündlingen, Baden, Germany. Some time after 1817 she returned to her home town.
I have some thoughts that the baby was born en route to a planned emigration to the U.S. and would be highly interested in any other persons mentioned in this birth record such as witnesses, godparents etc. They were of catholic faith.
Any input is welcome. Thanks a lot in advance.
Andreas Zipfel-Waag, Karlsruhe, Baden, Germany

Re: Magdalena Klein, born 3 May 1817 in Arnhem, Gelderland, Netherlands

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 3:04PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2012 3:06PM GMT
Hello Andreas,

In the index I couldn't find a child born out of wedlock in 1816, 1817, 1818 , 1819 yet,only:
a Maria Margreta was born on 18 december 1819 Arnhem,
the record is here:
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-10999-85873-48?...

The child was presented by father Hendrik Kleijn, 49 yrs. old , shoemaker, child born out of his wife Derkje Ressenaer

Are you sure about place Arhem? could it have been a place nearby Arnhem

I'll look for the birth record on that exact date you give, so I'll give it a try again.

greetings,
Jettie

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 3:24PM GMT
Hello Andreas,

I'm sorry but there is no mother Magdalena with a child Magdalena born in Arnhem , I looked in 2 birth indexes , but nothing.
Only the one I send you before.
Birth records Arnhem may 1817 starts here:

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/TH-266-11737-35639-85?...

there is also an index on the website of Archief Gelderland:
http://www.geldersarchief.nl/zoeken/?miview=tbl&mivast=3...

(probably a bit difficult in Dutch)

I think the birth may have been in a place nearby Arnhem and therefore belonging to the municipality Arnhem.

friendly greetings,
Jettie

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 6:40PM GMT
Surnames: Klein Zipfel
Hello Jettie,
thank you very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
Well I think there's only a small chance that this birth is recorded. I rather doubt that it is recorded in civil records, but I thought there may have been a christening record.
Anyway, a birth / christening record for the child Friederika Klein in Gündlingen, Baden, Germany from July 1846 says that the mother Magdalena Klein was "geb. zu Arnheim in Geldern 3. Mai 1817". So the mother of Magdalena, also Magdalena Klein would have been in Arnhem at this time. Mother Magdalena Klein is listed as a house maid. She had another child in 1812 in Gündlingen, Baden.
I try to verify if Magdalena Klein (the mother) eventually lived in the household of a Vital Zipfel from Gündlingen, Baden. Vital, a widower with some under-aged children intended to emigrate to America in April 1817, but didn't. He ended up in Gündlingen.
Best regards
Andreas Zipfel-Waag

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 4:47PM GMT
Hello Andreas,

Normally the birth record should be able to be found if it was in Arnhem,
are you sure that Klein was her maiden name?

The best way to find out more would be to find a marriage record and/or death record of mother Magdalene Klein and see what that says about parents and bearth place.

good luck and best regards,
Jettie, NL.

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 5:09PM GMT
Hello Andreas,

I just tried for a last attempt the Births and Baptism that are on the website of the Mormons, but also there I didn't find her.
https://familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://f...

Hope you find something that gives new information!
Good luck and best regards,
Jettie

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 7:00PM GMT
Surnames: Klein Zipfel
Hello,
her mother Magdalena Klein never married, so dau. Magdalena (*1817) and her sister Klara (*1812) were both born out of wedlock.
Seems I'm not able to give more detailed information, sorry.
Again a lot of thanks for your help. I'll continue to try out the online databases you linked me to.
Andreas

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 7:15PM GMT
Oke, I understand,

when you shoud find something that can help, I would like to try again to help if needed.

Goodluck en friendly greetings ,
Jettie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic