Search for content in message boards

Hunting Hunts..and Southards, James, and Wilcox

Hunting Hunts..and Southards, James, and Wilcox

Posted: 3 Apr 2011 2:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hunt, James, Southard, Wilcox
Is anyone else researching these names in Orleans Co? The Hunts lived in Orleans co until 1855. The Southards 1826 to abt 1837. The James 1820-1840/50. The Wilcox...not sure they were in Orleans but William Wilcox married Mary Ann Southard in 1831 or 32 and he was born 1807 in what is now Erie co. There are several Hunt families that are not of my line. I am researching William and Charles Hunt in Ridgeway. There is also a family of James' from England which are not my line. I am searching for the James family that lived in Yates.

Re: Hunting Hunts..and Southards, James, and Wilcox

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 8:53AM GMT
Hi
I am researching the James family that owned a hotel in Orleans County. DeLonzo James was born approx 1804ish and married a Minerva Titus daughter of Samuel Titus.
The only info I have that he existed is thru census records and him name is used in DAR records for lineage purposes to Joel Titus(Rev War patriot)
The family moved to Hudson Lenawee MI sometime after the 1860 census as that is the last record of some of this line of James' in NY.
I would love to know who the parents were or where he came from. The census records beginning in 1830 say he was born in Fulton or Gaines???
I am a Hoyt and DeLonzo James' daughter Rebecca Fidelia James married a John Lee Hoyt who also moved to Hudson MI. I see other records of James' that moved to that area as well but do not know how they are related to one another.
I would love to hear from you or anyone else who is interested in this family
Karen

Re: DeLonzo James

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: James
Orleans Rootsweb (free!) shows Town of Ridgeway 1865 NY State Census:
JAMES, Delonzo age 60 Male born "Rensselaer" County 251-D1 James, Minerva L. 55 Wife "CT" (Connecticut)

Rensselaer County NY is east of the Hudson River across from Albany. The 1855 State Census says "Fulton County" for him (NOT Fulton City in Oswego County). Fulton County (northwest of Albany/Schenectady) was split off from Montgomery County in 1838. No children in home in 1865 but in 1855 all children born in Wayne County (east of Rochester). No relation, good luck.

Re: DeLonzo James

Posted: 5 Jun 2013 4:30AM GMT
Surnames: JAMES
HI...I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET INFORMATION ON DELONZO JAMES FOR QUITE AWHILE. HE IS MY 4TH GREAT GRANDFATHER. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU KNEW HIS PARENTS NAMES. I READ ALSO THAT HE OWNED A HOTEL/TAVERN IN NEW YORK BUT I DON'T KNOW THE NAME OR THE TOWN WHER IT WAS. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY LIGHT YOU COULD SHED ON HIM IN HIS NEW YORK DAYS.
MOST APPRECIATED
KAREN HOYT JOHNSTON
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions