Search for content in message boards

CONNELL FAMILY FROM SLIGO

CONNELL FAMILY FROM SLIGO

Posted: 4 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Feb 2002 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: CONNELL
MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER, DELIA CONNELL, AND HER SISTER MARY & BROTHER MICHAEL EMMIGRATED FROM COUNTY SLIGO CIRCA 1890. THEY SETTLED IN THE CINCINNATI, OHIO AREA. IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON THIS FAMILY OR WHAT PARISH OR TOWN THEY MIGHT HAVE LIVED IN I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. THANKS, JAN

Connell from Sligo

Heather Bree (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Connell, Bree
Anne CONNELL (born c1840) wife of Patrick BREE in Collooney, Co. Sligo had a sister Mary in America, sister Bridget in Ireland, another sister Ellen (deceased) and a brother Owen (there were probably others). E-mail me for more information if you think there is a connection.

Re: Connell from Sligo

Katie (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2001 12:13AM GMT
Hello. I'm doing a report for my Social Studies class, and while researching I saw your query. I'm not sure if this is the information that you want, but I'll try to help. My great-grandmother was Ellen Bree, from Sligo. She came to America with her husband, and had five children. They were Anne, Rita, Raymond, Joseph, and I'm not exactly sure of the last son's name. My grandmother is Rita. She had 12 children with my grandfather, and my mother is one of them. I hope I was able to help you in any way, shape or form.

Kathleen Connell Ryan (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2002 6:01PM GMT
Hi - My great grandfather is Owen Connell. I only know that he emigrated to US around 1859 at age of 17 with 2 brothers Michael and James. I haven't been able to trace him before that. But I know plenty about him after he came to US. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 2:42PM GMT
Katie - thanks for the information. Do you know when your great-grandmother died and her husband's name? I suspect the Ellen Connell I am interested in may have been too early as she died before 1880.

Posted: 3 Mar 2002 2:54PM GMT
Anne Connell was born about 1840 and she had a brother Owen Connell who could have been the one who emigrated to US about 1859 aged 17. In a letter written about 1880 she complains that brother Owen does not write to her. I don't know about the other brothers but she named her eldest son Michael. E-mail me if you want exchange more information.

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 4:18AM GMT
Edited: 11 Apr 2004 12:46AM GMT
Hi, don't know how much info you have on the sister Bridget Connell. I have recently traced back to my g.g.grandmother, Bridget Craig (who had a twin Thomas) born to Bridget Connell and Thomas Craig....the twins were born 14 Jun 1862 in Auchinleck, Ayr, Scotland.

Any relation?
Elaine

Posted: 13 Jan 2003 4:23PM GMT
Edited: 11 Oct 2006 11:26PM GMT
I too have a Bridget Connell b. 1842 probably in Galway, Ireland. Bridget Married John Donoghue b.1858 d.may 1876, they came to Lancashire after their first child Mary was born in 1860 ( she is my great granmother) I have info on most of the children. Hope this helps someone.

Posted: 5 May 2013 5:30PM GMT
Hi I'm searching my family tree and the name Mary Bree and Bridget Bree seemed to be living in NYC with my grandparent Michael and Margaret Brady can you help? Thanks gary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic