Search for content in message boards

Cemetery+Obit Lookup: Holmfield; John Spiller/Speller, 02 Mar 1932

Cemetery+Obit Lookup: Holmfield; John Spiller/Speller, 02 Mar 1932

Cheryl Vander Heide (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2006 1:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Mar 2006 4:01PM GMT
Surnames: SPILLER, SPELLER
I am from Southwestern Ontario - if someone died in Holmfield, Manitoba where would they be buried and where would the obit be listed? Is there some kind soul that might take the time to look for the above person's place of interment and possibly an obit. Thank you so very much for considering my request.

Re: Cemetery+Obit Lookup: Holmfield; John Spiller/Speller, 02 Mar 1932

Al Rempel (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2006 1:57AM GMT
Hi Cheryl
I tried sending you a message privately to the email address listed for you on rootsweb, but it was bounced. If you would like info on your John Spiller, contact me. My email to you was far too long to post on a message board
Al

Posted: 26 Mar 2007 11:31PM GMT
Surnames: Wolfe/Hiebert/Wiebe
I am looking for Al Rempel in regards to family tree on the Wolfe/Wolf Family in Manitoba.Emails are returned.Please contact me.Thank you.

Posted: 27 Mar 2007 12:34AM GMT
Your emails were probably returned because you sent to arempell@shaw.ca. That is not my email address. The first part of my address is arempel1, not arempell. I know that in this you probably can't see the difference, but the last character is a numeric one, not an alphabetic ell. The last part of my address is @shaw.ca

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 3:57AM GMT
Hi Cheryl:

Holmfield has a nice quaint cemetery located about a mile just north of the hamlet. The other closest cemeteries are located in Cartwright and Killarney Manitoba.

In terms of an obit, both the Southern Manitoba Review published in Cartwright and the Killarney Guide cover the local Holmfield news.

I grew up in this area and go back to visit fairly often. Let me know if you are still in need of this info and I will see if I can find out anything for you about Mr. Spiller/Speller.

Cheers,

Tracy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic