Search for content in message boards

Kitay family

Kitay family

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 4:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kitay
Looking for John and Anastasia Kitay and children John Mary Fred and others. In Purdue then North Battleford then moved to Toronto in the 1930's

Re: Kitay family

Posted: 13 Apr 2006 6:05AM GMT
Surnames: Kitay Kitaev Tuchin
These are my Great-Grandparents! I am looking for information about them. I have tried to contact in the past but it hasn't worked yet.

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 3:08AM GMT
Surnames: Tuchin Kitay Menyluk
I have confirmed by my great grandfather's obitiuary that Anastasia Tuchin Kitay was indeed my great grandfather's sister. My Great Grandfather was Andry Tuchin and his obituary states his siblings as Anastasia, Lydia Menyluk (buried in Saskatoon, death 1961) and Nick Tuchin. Unfortunately I do not have further details on anyone other than Andry Tuchin, his wife Elena, their daughter Mary (my Baba) her children, their children etc... I do have copies of obituaries of Andry, Elena and Lydia if anyone is interested.

I know that I had met when I was very young, Mary (Kitay) and her husband Peter when they had visited Saskatoon, and my family had received a Christmas card from them every year when I was young. I just never really knew how they fit into the family and now have been able to piece it together by the many posts here.

Re :KITAY family

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 8:23AM GMT
Surnames: KITAY, TUCHIN
Hi, What years wee the KITAY and TUCHIN families in Saskatchewan?
Searched the 1911 Census - with 0 results.

Do you have Registration os Death / Long Form Death Certificates?
May show names of parents including Maiden name of mother - Place of birth
Marriage Registrations/ Birth Registrations -

Naturalization records -
Searched Online White Pages Diretory MyTelus.com online
finds
4 KITAY surnames in Ontario.
1 in British Columbia 1 in Quebec.

1 TUCHIN surname - in Canada - Ontario

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 5:43PM GMT
Surnames: Tuchin, Kitay
There's a bit about the Tuchins on page 266 of this history book. http://www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx?id=4390 Tom Kitay is mentioned on page 330. Butch

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 10:21PM GMT
thank you for the link, that part about Peter and Mary Nekrasoff was actually written by my Father's brother. I actually visited Arelee this past summer with my sister as I wanted a picture of my Grandfather's headstone for his memorial page on findagrave.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions