Search for content in message boards

Harrison Duty Wv

Harrison Duty Wv

Betty Canterbury (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2003 3:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for info on Harrison Duty. Born 1837; died 1900; buried in the Duty Cemetery on Rockhouse Fork of Pigeon Creek, Wv Mingo County. He was married to Sarah Jane Roman, Daughter of Isom Roman. She died in 1910. Children William Floyd Duty
Nancy Jane Duty
Emma Duty
Sarah Duty
Isom Duty
George Washington Duty
Alexander Duty
Charles Duty
Lottie Duty

Re: Harrison Duty Wv

Carolyn Duty Banks (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2003 2:07PM GMT
Surnames: Duty
I was struck by the name Harrison. My great great grandfather Joseph H. Duty was born in 1827 up in Tyler County WVA. There has been a disagreement in the family over what the H. stood for. Half of the family says it was "Harrison" and two others say it was "Harold". Yours is the first time I have seen the name Harrison used again.
My gggrandfather's family lived in Tyler County where they owned the Bearsville Milling Co. and farmed. During the War Between the States they moved to West Union, Doddridge County, and after the war he left his family and moved to Marietta OH. He remarried there, raised a second family (they are the ones who say it was Harold) and died in 1901.
Would you have any info regarding the name? Carolyn Duty Banks.

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 9:05PM GMT
All my family that i know of are from Mingo County.

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 5:03AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2003 3:38AM GMT
That's Harrison Jackson Duty. Born October 12, 1836. What info do you need?

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 9:40PM GMT
I need to know who Harrison Duty's parents were. I am his great,great,great granddaughter. My great, great, grandmother is his daughter Nancy Jane Duty. Harrison is as far back as i have got. I would appriciate any info you could give me. Betty

Posted: 10 Apr 2003 12:31AM GMT
Edited: 10 Jun 2003 3:38AM GMT
The Nancy Jane Duty that married Calvin Curry??
Harrison's father was George Washington Duty and his mother Mary Ann Jackson.

Marilyn Redosh (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jun 2003 2:18AM GMT
Am looking for my GG Grandmother Emaline Duty Spradling Atkins of Ironton, Oh, Lawrence County, Oh. She disapearred from Ohio records after 2nd marriage. Time frame 1860"s until ? Meed help thanks

Posted: 10 Jun 2003 3:42AM GMT
I must be confused. Is there a connection between Harrison Duty and Emaline?

Marilyn Redosh (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2003 1:59AM GMT
Surnames: duty
Dear Jane, thank u for replying. I don't know who Emmaline is connected to. Am trying to find out. Am new to this and am having hard time managing the boards and replys etc.Could you reply to my E-mail above and maybe we will see if there is connection. Thank you. Marilyn

Margot (View posts)
Posted: 18 Aug 2004 11:08PM GMT
Betty, I see you are a Canterbury from WV. I am helping a friend with her genealogy and she has a Emma Canterbury married to J. H. Dillon. They had a daughter named Elizabeth Ann Dillon, born abt. 1880 and died Jan 1953. She was married to Mitchell Justice on 21 Nov 1910 in Logan, Logan, WV. Do you have any info on this family. Would like to hear from you. A lot of her people are from Mango Co., WV
per page

Find a board about a specific topic