Search for content in message boards

Carter Brooks Carmichael and Lula Belle Carter

Carter Brooks Carmichael and Lula Belle Carter

Posted: 1 Nov 2006 8:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carmichael, Carter
They were married prior to 1912, when their oldest child Leon Parker was born in Texas followed by A.M., Aileen, Charlene, Brooks and possibly one more sister. Carter Brooks went by C.B. and had been married before to [unknown name ]having a son, James, I believe. I believe C.B. was widowed with the one son when he married lula belle.
Both lula Belle and C.B. died in the 1950s and early 1960's in OK. and/or Texas.
Charlene married someone with the nickname of Bing. They had two children and she died relatively young of cancer.
I can't seem to find any relatives although I know there are many.

Re: Carter Brooks Carmichael and Lula Belle Carter

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 2:40AM GMT
Surnames: Carmichael
Carter Brooks was my Grandfather. He did not have another daughter but another son named Sherman. Leon Parker Married Doris E. Lovitt. They had three children. The oldest being Brooks, with two daughters named Gail and Cindy.

Posted: 1 Apr 2009 8:10AM GMT
I just wanted to edit my previous post their was one other daughter. She lived in Oklahoma City and belong to the Jehova Whitness.

Posted: 24 Jan 2011 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Biography
There needs to be some changes in the life of Lulu Belle Carter married to Alberry Brooks Carmichael not Carter Brooks. Carter Brooks was their son. Sherman, James A.B. son from previous marriage) and Carter Brooks were the sons of A.B. Carmichael. There were also three daughters one of them being Charlene Carmichael Haufpauir. There were two other daughters one lived in Colorado City, Texas and the last lived in Oklahoma City. OK.

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 3:35AM GMT
Albery Brooks Carmichael and Lula Belle Carter Carmichael were my grandparents. I am the daughter of Sherman Fryar Carmichiel (he spelled his name differently.) Sherman married my mother, Evelyn Lucille Pierce of Riviera Beach, Florida. He died in 2002 in Florida. Mom is still living in Lake Worth, Florida. They had four children, James Robert Carmichiel, Donald Leon Carmichiel, Brenda Lucille Carmichiel Caldwell and Virginia Kay Carmichiel (Matthews).

Regarding Carter Brooks Carmichael, we called him "Uncle Brooks." He served in WW2 and was a prisoner in the Bataan Death March. Due to injuries he sustained as a POW, he spent many years in a series of VA hospitals in Texas and Oklahoma until his death in the 1990s, I believe.

I would love to hear from any of my long lost relatives, especial Luanna Gray (daughter of Dalton Carmichael (son of Albery Brooks Carmichael by his first wife).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic