James Kavanaugh/Cavanaugh or by any other spelling

James Kavanaugh/Cavanaugh or by any other spelling

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 2:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kavanaugh Cavanaugh Kavanagh Cavanagh
Looking into family of;
James Kavanagh
Birth approx:1783 in Derrylea, Kerry, Ireland Death
Death approx:1873 Canada or United States?
MARRIED ---
Catherine Margarite/Margaret Mooney
Birth approx: 1812 in Ballygarrat Co,Ireland Death
Death in Canada or United States?

Re: James Kavanaugh/Cavanaugh or by any other spelling

Posted: 21 Oct 2010 6:49PM GMT
Surnames: Cavanaugh/Cavanagh/Kavanaugh/Kavanagh
Is this the James you are looking for.
If so, E-mail me at steven.cavanaugh@sympatico.ca

Descendants of Margaret Catherine Mooney

Generation No. 1

1. MARGARET CATHERINE1 MOONEY was born Abt. 1785 in Ballygarrat, Ireland, and died 23 Dec 1882 in Barrie, Ont., Ca.. She married JAMES CAVANAUGH in Co Kilkenny, Ireland. He was born Abt. 1773 in Co Kilkenny, Ireland, and died Bef. 1873 in Ont, Ca..

Child of MARGARET MOONEY and JAMES CAVANAUGH is:
2. i. MICHAEL CHARLES2 CAVANAUGH, b. Abt. 1807, Co Kilkenny, Ireland; d. 22 Feb 1875, Maidstone & Essex Co., Ont.

Generation No. 2

2. MICHAEL CHARLES2 CAVANAUGH (MARGARET CATHERINE1 MOONEY) was born Abt. 1807 in Co Kilkenny, Ireland, and died 22 Feb 1875 in Maidstone & Essex Co., Ont. He married (1) ANNE HALFORD 14 May 1833 in Sandwich, Essex Co., Ont, daughter of JOHN HALFORD and MARY O'BRIAN. She was born Abt. 1814 in County Meth, Ireland, and died 07 Nov 1858 in Maidstone & Essex Co., Ont. He married (2) MARGARET SWEENEY 16 Apr 1861 in Windsor, Essex Co., Ont. She was born Abt. 1839 in Windsor, Essex Co., Ont, and died 21 May 1907 in Ont., Ca..

Posted: 22 Oct 2010 11:22PM GMT
Hi, Christine It's good to see that you are still researching the family line.

and Steven, I'm also interested in this family line. My mother is a descendent of this family, but there may be some confusion. As I understand it, there were 2 different Cavanaugh families in the Maidstone area at about the same time.... both from Ireland and had sons with the same names. I'm not able to prove it yet but am still looking.

Steven.... are you in the Windsor area? Contact me if you wish.... perry_basden@hotmail.com in Windsor.

Regards

Posted: 23 Oct 2010 12:47AM GMT
Surnames: Kavanaugh Cavanagh Delisle Dowd McCarthy O'Grady Daniher Schumacher Edwards
Hi Perry,
Yes still trying to confirm some things.
I do have a few questions:
1.My grandfather Gerald Charles Kavanaugh had a brother Michael b/d 1925 - I can't find anything on him
2.James K/C had a son Charles who married Mary Daniher - Is this our family?
3.Michael K/C married a Bridget Dowd their children; Charles - Margaret - Mary - Thomas - Joseph.Margaret married John Edwards and Mary known as Rose married August Schumacher - Joseph married Mamie their children;William and Ruth - Is this our family?
4.James C married Bridget O'Grady their daughter Mary married a McCarthy the other children Winnifred - Marguerite - James - Joseph..Again what is the relation?

Perry I can confirm my grandfather and siblings as Thomas Francis "Frank" children and Michael and Rose [Delisle] grandchildren.I was wondering in your research if you have ever come across any pics of my great grandfather Thomas Francis "Frank"?

Thanks

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 3:35AM GMT
Help from my sister-in-law we found;

Michael Joseph Kavanaugh
Birth;Sept 12 1914
in Windsor,Essex,Ontario,Canada
Death;6 April 1925
in Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 1:06PM GMT
Hi, Christine

This is a new one for me. Do you our your sister-in-law have any other information... parents, siblings, etc.? I will be in downtown Windsor the afternoon and can check the Windsor Star, Border Cities Star for a copy of the obit. if this hasn't been done yet.

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 1:26PM GMT
Hi Perry,
Thomas Francis "Frank" and Mary Alice my great grandparents are his parents.I had his death date but not his birth.My sister-in-law sent this to me and said she found it @ St. Alponse in Windsor records.I remember my grandpa talking about his drowning in Detroit River.It was confirmed by another relative her mother was Grandpa's and Michael's sister.

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 2:33PM GMT
That's some very valuable information. I remember when you were here with Linda and we were discussing the death of a Michael Kavanaugh. We had some discussion about the validity of the information and there was some confusion with one Michael J. Kavanaugh who also drowned. So that now answers the question and clears the confusion. The Michael J. (Jerimiah)in my records drowned in Stratton, Ontario.

My records, which are obviously wrong, from your and your sister-in-laws research, Michael Joseph Kavanaugh was born and died in 1925. I'll correct my records and verify the information with documentation.

do you have any information concerning Michael's 8 siblings?

Posted: 6 Dec 2010 7:55PM GMT
That Michael is also ours too.
He is the son of Michael and Rose and your "Charles",my "Frank" and Linda's "William" brother plus another family I am friends with and we didn't know we were related the sister "Margaret" to all these boys.
Michael J Kavanaugh
Birth:6 August 1882
in Sandwich West,Essex County,Ontario,Canada
Death:8 May 1906
in Rainy River District, Ontario, Canada

Michael the father also died the same year here in Essex County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions