Search for content in message boards

Lux in Joliet, Illinois

Lux in Joliet, Illinois

Posted: 8 Jan 2010 3:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jan 2010 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Lux, Wagner, Broechle
I'm looking for information about Elizabeth, perhaps also known as 'Carrie', Lux. Supposedly she was the daughter of John Lux (1824-1889) and Susan Lux (1830-1893). Her brother Bernard was the father of Monsignor Joseph Lux, in Joliet.
I am specifically looking for her birth and death dates. I understand from family anecdote that she is buried in a Joliet cemetery.

She was my great-grandfather Peter Wagner's first wife. He remarried a woman named Susan Broechle and had several more children with her. My grandfather, Henry John Wagner, was one of three or four boys Peter Wagner had with Carrie before she died.

Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.

Re: Lux in Joliet, Illinois

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 7:07PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2011 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Lux, Wagner, Diterich, Dietrich, Lucas, Hurley, Goodings, Grove, Hag, Hack
I have done extensive research on the Wagner family and will be happy to share. Elizabeth (Carrie) Lux was born 15 Sep 1860 and was baptized 21 Oct 1860 per entry in St. James, Sag IL church records (available thru LDS). Baptismal sponsors were Hubert Diterich (Dietrich) and Catherine Lucas. Same baptismal entry is found in St. Dennis Catholic Church records in Lockport, Will, IL (personal search). At that time, St. James of Sag was a mission church to St. Dennis. Officiating priest was Michael Hurley. Katherine is buried in St. John's Catholic Church Cemetery in Joliet, Will, IL along with sons Walter and Edward, husband Peter, and his second wife Susan. You may wish to google the South Suburban Historical and Geneological Society (Illinois)website; you'll find that they publish a quarterly titled Where the Trails Cross. A recent quarterly devoted to Goodings Grove families includes info on the Mathias Wagner/Anna Catherine Hag/Hack family. Emily Kolar Zabrocki, grt-grt-grt grandchild of Mathias/Catherine.

Posted: 26 Apr 2011 7:09PM GMT
Edited: 27 Apr 2011 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Lux
Also--would like info on Monsignor Joseph Lux, rest of Lux family if possible! Emily Kolar Zabrocki

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 8:28AM GMT
Edited: 22 Feb 2013 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Lux, Hyland
Hi from the UK.I recently discovered that Rose Marie Hyland married Walter Bernard Lux in Lockport Il.Also found that they had two daughters Catherine 1935 and Rosemary 1937. Rose Marie was a grandaughter of my great uncle James Hyland,who left Ireland in 1852.I would be delighted,if you could enlarge on this family for entry to my family tree.Much obliged Bill Hyland
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions