Search for content in message boards

MCCRORY/MANNERS

MCCRORY/MANNERS

Shirley Xanthos (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2005 7:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone have Mary McCrory born 1874? died 1903 Sydney Australia married 1893 Sydney to John Charles Manners born 1869 Manning River NSW on their tree. I am at a brick wall as far as Mary is concerned. All the contacts so far in Australia have not been the family I am after.Her parents could be Patrick Joseph McCrory and Margaret ? or John McCrory and Margaret ?
Thanks
Shirley

Re: MCCRORY/MANNERS

donna luzzi (View posts)
Posted: 2 Feb 2005 8:51PM GMT
Dear Shirley,
I have Mary McCrory born in Ireland about 1828-she married Patrick McNally
I also have a James McCrory married to Marie McCourt
I believe these people lived in Philadelphia, Penn.
donna
treqtrital@att.net

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 9:31AM GMT
Hello, My great grandmother was Lillian Margaret McCrory daughter of John McCrory Junior. His other daughter was Mary Ann - married name Manners. He also had a daughter called Alice who became Alice Penninton. John McCrory's wife's name was Margaret Connell who was born in 1843 in Galway Ireland. John McCrory's father was John Senior who was born in Ireland in 1817 in Ireland. His wife was Mary Ann Corrigan from county Tyrone, Northern Ireland. Cheers, Ann Brown

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 11:38PM GMT
Hi Ann

Thanks for that information. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not but I also received an email today from another person regarding the McCrory line giving the same information.

So who did Lillian marry?

Shirley

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: McCrory
Hi Shirley, Lillian married Charles Edward Shipton in1895. They later divorced and she remarried a man by the name of Charles Bell. An interesting bit of gossip, A Charles J Manners was a witness at My grandmother Veronica Ivy Shiptons wedding to Harold J. Sterling. Interestingly I have a vague recollection of my mother and grandmothers speaking of a Cissy Manners? Any idea who she might have been?

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 2:59AM GMT
Ann

It certainly seems that we are all related.

Can you give me the full run down on the families

Lillian & Charles's children, where you fit in, who your parents are etc. Did Lillian and Charles Bell have any family?

As for Charles J Manners - he is the son of John Charles and Mary McCrory. Mary was also known as Cissy.

I have been in contact with a relative of John Charles & Mary McCrory's daughter Mary's ancestry and was provided with a lot of photos, some of John Charles and Mary. I know he would be pleased to hear of another relative to put on our tree.

To contact me by email type in Sx Family Histories and Historical Research to Google and you will find all my details.

Shirley

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 7:45AM GMT
Hi Shirley, I am the 4th daughter of Ron and Mary Brown. My mother mary was the daughter of Veronica Ivy Sterling born Shipton. Veronica was the daughter of Lillian Margaret Shipton born McCrory. Lillian also had a son called Albert Shipton. Lillian had a house now gone, in Mowbray Road Lane Cove - It was named "TUAM" after the town in county Galway Ireland. I believe her mother Margaret McCrory born Connell came from there, but I am still researching that side. I would love to see some photos of family members. I have tried to reach you on google but didn't get it. I must have put something wrong in. My email address is annbrown6@msn.com. I have also previously been in contact with a member of the tree His name is Ian Nicholls. He is decended from Alice Peninton.
Posted: 13 Dec 2010 4:26PM GMT
Surnames: McCrory, Tyll, Jackson, Finney, Lewis,
We have a Sterling McCrory in our family and there is also a Sterling Jones McCrory. Not sure if they are the same person or not. Sterling is an unusual name. Do you have a female Sterling who may have married a McCrory? Sometimes a son is named after the mother's maiden name. Can't find Sterling Jones McCrory's parents. Just a shot in the dark. Fran McCrory-Meservy pennywind@yahoo.com
Posted: 13 Dec 2010 4:28PM GMT
Minor correction - can't find his grandparents. Would be his grandmother's maiden name.

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 9:34PM GMT
Sorry Fran

No records of a Sterling McCrory that I can find in my line.

Shirley
per page

Find a board about a specific topic