Search for content in message boards

moses family

moses family

pansy m. conner (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 10:42AM GMT
my father name lonnie lee moses, sister cora louise, nellie lula, tessie, and brothers charles, danny, ivey, kelly. mother louise lowman moses, father john william moses. any info will be greatly appreciated.

MOSES NAME IN IRELAND

JOE MOSES (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2000 10:01AM GMT
PROUD OF MY NAME.NAMED AFTER MY GRANDA JOE MOSES SNR.I AM A BUSINESSMAN NOW.I WORKED FOR
SECURITY FORCES IN IRELAND.MET QUEEN MOTHER ONCE BACK IN 1996.PRESENTLY I'M BUILDING PROPERTY IN SESKINORE AREA WHERE THE MOSES FAMILY HAVE BEEN SINCE LATE 1700's

WRITE TO ME AT J.MOSES Jr
SESKINORE OMAGH
CO.TYRONE
N.IRELAND BT 79 0YA
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 3:21PM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 2:00AM GMT
HI JOE, MY GREAT GRANDMA WAS NANCY MOSES(B.1835 MISSOURI-D.1926 WHITLEY CO.KENTUCKY).
SHE MARRIED JOHN SUMNER(B.1825-D.1867 WHITLEY CO.KENTUCKY).PATSY SUMNER(B.1862-D.1941)THEIR DAUGHTER MARRIED JAMES M.DAVIS(B.1852-D.1924 WHITLEY CO. KY). SON HENRY CLAY DAVIS(MY GRANDPA), JUANITA DAVIS WORLEY(MY MOM) AND ME "KAREN WORLEY KIRBY". I'M NOT SURE WHEN OR WHERE MY ANCESTORS CAME TO AMERICA. ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT!!!

MOSES NAME

JOE MOSES Jr (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 7:41AM GMT
Karen,
From what history learns us and the books I have on my ancestors,the name Moses,stems from the Middle east.Some fom Lebanon,some from Eygpt.Yesterday in fact I spoke to an Eygtian doctor and he told me it was very common and wellplaced in his country.
The Eygtian name for Moses is Mosar(Mo-Sar).
Our family is traced back to Ireland 1600's.Again my grandfathers sisters(2) went to America and married in Pittsburgh,Pennysylvania.One of the sisters son's is Senator Bill Calvin.In our family graveyard is a large granite headstone bearing all the Moses names since 1800.It was shipped from America via John Moses' Sons,Glasgow.The Company was a large one,Names like John,Howard,Arhur G Moses are on an old letter detailing shipment.If you have any old letters or documents bearing the name,I would like to have color phootcopies of these and I will exchange some of my knowledge with you.
Go to the web and page up the Moses page.
www.moses-family.com and you'll see my adverts.

Good Luck
Joe

JOE

JENNIE MOSES (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2000 6:16AM GMT
HELLO,WAS YOUR GRANDPA FROM CENTER RIDGE,ARKANSAS?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic