Search for content in message boards

Levi Parker-Rice's Mill Cemetery

Levi Parker-Rice's Mill Cemetery

Beverly Griffith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 2002 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Parker
I need help. Have a photo of Levi Parker's tombstone in the Rice's Mill Cemetery, Thetford, Orange Co., VT but am unable to read the inscription. Would anyone out there be able to help me?
If you could even give me the name and phone number of the farmer on who's property the cemetery is located, I could then call him for help.
I understand the local American Legion Post maintains that cemetery. Could anyone give me a contact person and phone number for them, please?
Would really appreciate any help I can get.

Re: Levi Parker-Rice's Mill Cemetery

Posted: 6 Jun 2002 2:55AM GMT
Beverly,
I have a book "Register of persons buried in the cemeteries of Thetford Vermont 1768-1976" This is what is listed for Levi Parker, veteran '76, d. 4/29/1835 aged 79. It says the location is the Rice Mills, Jackman Cemetery - TR 26 and 132 in a field. Their is also 7 other Parkers listed in this book, some in Rice Mills and some in other cemeterys. If you would like I can e-mail you what is listed.
Sheila

Beverly Griffith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2002 3:02AM GMT
Sheila,
Thank you so much for the information on Levi Parker.
I would love to have information on the other Parker's buried in that cemetery. You can email me privately if you'd like.
Beverly

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Thank you for the hint. I travelled to Rices Mills and the Jackman cemetery. Found Levi's headstone, photographed it and uploaded it to Find A Grave. The inscription is illegible and brief. I had to find his name with my fingers after which I could barely read it. It starts (3 lines) "In memory of Levi Parker", I could not make out the next two lines, I imagine they are a simple date of death.

Rices Mills is an interesting place, I could find no humans there - even at the farmers whose field the cemetery is in. I stopped at quite a few houses in my search - no people.

There are three other Parker headstones visible, George, his daughter Hattie (his wife is missing) and a civil war vet. All of these have been loaded onto Find-a-Grave. They are all next to one another as though a family group.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic