Search for content in message boards

Orphanages near Aurora, IL in 1918

Orphanages near Aurora, IL in 1918

Posted: 16 Dec 2010 3:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Andersen, Anderson
Does anyone know of any orphanages in or around Aurora, IL in 1918? My grandfather Alfred Leon Andersen (Anderson) was in one when his mother died in 1918 and until his father remarried sometime before 1930. He was there with his siblings: Ethel Marie, Harold and Bernice. He had another sister too that died while in the orphanage and I'm trying to find out her name and what she died from, I believe she was around 8 or 9 when she died.

Re: Orphanages near Aurora, IL in 1918

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 12:30AM GMT
There is/was an orphanage in Aurora, don't know the name or how it functioned.
Six miles north is Mooseheart, the Child City, which still funtions. It was started as a home for children of deceased Moose members. Bob Zieniger runs the museum. Call the campus to get connected to the museum.

Re: Orphanages near Aurora, IL in 1918

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 4:07PM GMT
i was surching for norweigan lutheran childrens orphanage it is in cook county chicago area. when i type the name i come up with the name and the counties it was moved to but no address. the first one was burnt to the ground then they had to move. then the last place was norweigan luther church. I hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions