Search for content in message boards

Johann Schneider: Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg to Milwaukee

Johann Schneider: Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg to Milwaukee

Posted: 16 Apr 2008 8:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schneider, Heuser, Sommerlath, Tretow
Looking for anyone with Schneider family history information from Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg.John(Johann) Schneider died between 1871-1875 in Milwaukee. I have not found him yet on the 1870 census. He married Wilhemilne Tretow in Granville, Milwaukee County. Wilhelmine was shown as living with her parents in the 1870 census with her already having the Schneider last name, why I do not know.

Information that I have:
Johann Schneider
b. in Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg
son of John and Sophia Schneider
m. Dec. 5, 1869 by Hermann Hoffmann, Lutheran ceremony in Granville, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin source: Milwaukee county courthouse, marriage certificate, Vol. 4, page 73
d. 1871-1875 in the town of Milwaukee, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin

Wilhelmine Tretow
b. May 1, 1842 in Mecklenburg
daughter of Johann and Dorothea Tretow
She went on to marry Carl Radiske after Johann died, she had 3 children with Carl.

Schneider children:
Their children:

1. Eliese Anna Sophie 'Louise' Schneider
b. Aug. 29, 1870 in the town of Milwaukee, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin
m. Jan. 9, 1892 by J. L. Osterhus, Lutheran Pastor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
source: Milwaukee county courthouse, marriage certificate, Vol. 69, page 148 to William Karl Albert Pirwitz, son of Wilhelm and Friederike (Graebert) Pirwitz
b. Mar. 23, 1864 in Bellmchem(spelling must be wrong), Germany
d. Mar. 8, 1945 at home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
source: Milwaukee county courthouse, death certificate, Year 1945, certificate #1946 lived in Milwaukee Ward 21, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin during the 1900 census lived in Milwaukee Ward 21, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin during the 1910 census lived in Milwaukee Ward 25, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin during the 1920 census
d. Apr. 7, 1945 at home in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
source: Milwaukee county courthouse, death certificate, Year 1945, certificate #2799
source: obituary, Milwaukee Journal, Apr. 8, 1945, Classified Section, page 1, column 3 buried at Union cemetery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2. Caroline Wilhelmine 'Lena' Schneider
b. Aug. 1872 in the town of Milwaukee, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin
m. June 25, 1893 by J. L. Osterhus, Ev. Lutheran Pastor in Milwaukee, Wisconsin source: Milwaukee county courthouse, marriage certificate, Vol. 78, page 174
to George Adam Heuser
b. Nov. 1867 in the town of Milwaukee, Milwaukee county, Wisconsin
d. June 5, 1919 at Milwaukee County hospital in the town of Wauwatosa, Milwaukee county

Re: Johann Schneider: Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg to Milwaukee

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider
Have you looked at the burial register of the church where they were married (by tracing the congregation of the minister on the marriage record). Many Milwaukee area Protestant church records are available in library collections.

I don't find a clear match in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
For more specific information contact:
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 3:12PM GMT
Hi Gary,
I have not looked at the church burial records yet. If I could find it online,then that would be more simple for me at the moment.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Daniel

Posted: 18 Mar 2013 7:45PM GMT
Edited: 18 Mar 2013 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Schneider Radiske
"Looking for anyone with Schneider family history information from Wöbbelin, Mecklenburg. John (Johann) Schneider died between 1871-1875 in Milwaukee ..."

A John G. Schneider committed suicide in Milwaukee on 7 Sept. 1873. This is one of those obtuse entries in my index: it's listed in a chronology of local deaths/news events published in Jan. 1874. Otherwise, there were no death notices or obit. for that Joh. G. Schneider in the German papers.

The Milw. County Historical Society may have a coroner's report, and/or it may have been reported to the Milwaukee County Register of Deeds office (records available in 3 local libraries through about 1912).

BTW: there were death notices and a Danksagung for Friedericke Pirwitz (née Grabert); and I have indexed possible matches for a Carl Radiske and a Wilhelmine Radiske.

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.

Posted: 28 Mar 2013 4:40PM GMT
That is interesting. I will see what I can link together for Johann Schneider.

Thanks Gary
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions