Search for content in message boards

William Neal 1810 Morley Derbyshire

William Neal 1810 Morley Derbyshire

Posted: 4 Sep 2008 8:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: NEAL - FLINT - BOULTON - FOUK/FOWK/FOWLK
I am researching the ancestors of William Neal, born c1810 and Mary Flint, born c1805.
They were married in 1832
Children
Susanna 1833
John 1834
William 1837
Elizabeth 1839
Hannah 1841
Thomas 1848

Mary died in 1848. Shortly afterwards William married Sarah Boulton.
William, Sarah and the children left England for Australia in 1849 aboard the 'Tasman'. Sarah died during the journey.

I believe William's parents were John Neal, born 1765 and Elizabeth Fouk/Fowk/Fowlk, born 1774.

Re: William Neal 1810 Morley Derbyshire

Posted: 27 Dec 2008 12:36AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Jane Porter
Hi, I'm also descened from Neal relatives. I think William Neal (1810, Morley) belonged to John Neal (1770, Longford) and Hannah unknown. My distant cousin from New Zealand is descened from Thomas Neal (1813, Morley). She told me that her cousin got a old letter from William Neal. William wrote a letter to Thomas's grandaughter Phoebe Neal about snakes and Australia. Phoebe was horrified about snake and want to go to New Zealand instead! William was Thomas's brother.

Update info - Sarah Boulton died of cholera. Mary Flint probably died of childbirth. Her son Thomas (1 yr old) was also died after he arrived at Australia.

Regards

Jane Porter

Posted: 4 Jun 2009 10:27PM GMT
Dear Sir. To the best of my knowledge William Neal born 1810 at Morley,Derbys; and died 22-July-1895 at Puckapunyal Australia, married a Mary Flint born 19-Aug-1804 at Crich Derbyshire, married at Morley Derbyshire 18-October 1832. Wife number 2 was a Sarah Boulton born 1823? (unclear), married 10-October 1848, believed to have fallen from a ladder enroute to Australia/ buried at sea. I have Mary's kids as Susanna DOB 07-Aug-1833.John DOB 28-Dec-1834. William (WTC)Neal c1836. Elizabeth DOB 07-July-1839. Hannah DOB 30-Sept-1841. All children born Morley Derbyshire. I have no more info on Hannah. Mr Barry Neal

Posted: 11 Dec 2009 4:38AM GMT
I am unsure whether you have had any further luck on you search for ancestors of William Neal.

My info shows that his father was John Neal who Married Elizabeth Fowk 11/8/1792 in Morley

John b 07/04/1765 - died 17/10/1862 at morley

Elizabeth was buried at Morley on the 04/04/1803
John & Elizabeth had two children Elizabeth and Marmaduke.

John was remarried to Hannah Woodhouse on the 10/03/1818 possibly in Duffield

They went on to have four children, Constantine, William , Thomas and Phoebe.

John also looks like he married for a third time to another Elizabeth, as she is lited as wife in Census in 1841 and 1851

John Neals's parents were Constantine Neal and Hannah Shipley. They had seven children, Richard, Constantine, Marmaduke, John, Ann, Elizabeth and Joseph.

Should you require any further info please let me know.

Fran

Posted: 12 Dec 2009 8:08AM GMT
Surnames: NEAL, FLINT, BOULTON
Dear Fran
Thank you for your efforts regarding William Neal.

Without 100% conclusive evidence, I decided to halt my line at William (the one who came to Australia). He is a side-branch through adoption on my tree.

Regards
Sharon

Although I don't have the relevant file to hand at the moment (new computer, haven't migrated all the files across yet)from memory...and to clarify things for others researching this line...

After much research and collaboration between myself and many others, it was agreed that there are two John Neal's.
One married Elizabeth Fowk
The other married Hannah Woodhouse.

There is a five year difference in the birth dates between the two Johns. (1765 & 1770)

As for William himself...
His wife, Mary Flint, died in 1848, as stated.
Her new baby, Thomas, made it to Australia alive
(NSW Assisted Immigration Passenger List, 1828-1896)

William married Sarah Boulton a few months after Mary's death. Sarah died aboard the ship before it left England.
(Q3 1849 - Plymouth 9 / 366)

Snippets from
Stamp, Edward S. 1849, Daily journal of Edward Stamp kept on board the Tasman, on a voyage from London to Port Phillip,1849, [manuscript]
Note: text and passenger lists transcribed by Tony Satchell in 2005

The “Tasman” left Gravesend on 18 June 1849.
On 26 June, en route to Plymouth, another case of cholera appeared in Mrs Neal, wife of 39-year-old blacksmith William Neal from Morley, Derbyshire.
She died next day, leaving six children aged from one to sixteen.
The “Tasman” was placed in quarantine at Plymouth
All emigrants were transferred to the hulk “Andromeda”, so that the “Tasman” could be fumigated, holystoned, and whitewashed between decks.
“Tasman” was allowed to leave Plymouth with a clean bill of health on 11 July

Posted: 14 Apr 2010 2:28AM GMT
Surnames: Neal
Thanks Sharon for all that wonderful information. My husband is a descendant of William Neal and Mary Flint.

Judi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions