Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:47PM GMT
Surnames: Crank

My GGgrandmother is buried in the Junior Cemetery at
Olive Hill, Carter Co., KY. Her headstone was
carved by her son-in-law, Will Crank. He inscribed
only her nickname and her birth/death dates. When I
tried to obtain her death certificate under what I
had been told was her surname, none was available.
I've checked the funeral home, but their records for
1927 have been scrapped. Does anyone know how to
obtain the cemetery records?? I would appreciate
any help.

Re: Crank Family Headstone

John Lambert (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:48PM GMT
I have an old plot plan of the Eagle cemetery, which is the section on the east end next to the new elementary school by the Jr. OUAM cemetery in Olive Hill. Carter County Ky.

Sherry J. Lowe (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:48PM GMT
Surnames: Burnett, Newman
Can you please tell me if your documents show a Lee or Leroy Burnett as buried in this area. The grave of his wife, Maggie Newman Burnett is located in this section and has a stone. There is a blank space beside her that I believe is Lee's grave, but I've been unable to confirm. I've checked with many sources. Lee and Maggie were my gr gr grandparents. If I can confirm Lee's burial, I would like to set a stone for him. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

God Bless!

Sherry J. Lowe

John Lambert (View posts)
Posted: 12 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Burnett, Newman
Lot Owners of Eagle section of O. U. A. M. cemetery in Olive Hill in Carter County, Ky. Our Map lists only the Plot Owners names and not each grave. The plots contain eight graves. The map doesn!t list a Burnett but does list a Wm. Newman and a Hy. Newman as having an eight grave plot each as well as the owners of all surrounding plots. I would be glad to check the space to see if it is an adult and if in normal layout for a husband; Sunken and concealed markers, etc. If we can be of any help or to view the map stop by Lambert Mon co. or call.

Connie Blankenship (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:49PM GMT
Surnames: Crank, Thompson

I am looking looking for Thomas Crank relatives in Carter County. Thomas Crank was my great grandfather. His daughter Fanny married Roscoe Thompson.

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 11:53AM GMT
Surnames: CRANK, JACKSON, DAVIS, WILBURN
Was your GGgrandmother Myrtle Crank? My GGgrandmother Mary Crank Jackson is buried in a family plot along with her. Mary Crank is the daughter of Milton and Paulina Davis Crank. Milton is the son of Preston and Manerva Wilburn Crank. I am pretty sure this is the same family of Will Crank. I know some about Preston Crank and some about Milton. I will be happy to share any information that I have. I need to know more about Paulina Davis Crank. Thanks. Kathy.

Posted: 7 Apr 2002 6:00AM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: THOMPSON
Fanny and Roscoe where my Great-Grandparents. My Grandfather was Clyde Thompson Sr. and my father is Clyde Junior Thompson. I am trying to find information about the Crank, Thompson, and Paynter families.

Rhonda (Skipworth) Kramer (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2005 9:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Feb 2005 3:51PM GMT
Surnames: Crank, Adkins
I am looking for information about Milton (first name may have been William) Crank married Reva Adkins. They are my biological grandparents

Kathy Erwin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2005 1:47PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2005 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Crank, Wilburn, Davis, Williams
I have Milton born about 1907. Son of Levi Washington Crank (1876-1948) and Celia Wilburn Crank (1882-1945). He was one of 11 children. Levi Crank was the son of Robert Milton Crank and Palina Frances Davis Crank. Celia was the daughter of Milton H. Wilburn and Ramathy Ann Williams Wilburn. I don't have any information on Reva. E-mail me directly for further information on the Cranks and Davis'. Robert and Palina are my great-great grandparents.

Posted: 7 Jul 2007 7:12PM GMT
Surnames: Crank, Thompson, Knipp
If you are still searching, Ashland, KY library has a book on the Crank family. I am your Dad's cousin, Gary, and have copies of the pertinent information from that book I would be glad to share if you still want or need it. My biggest problem (other than time) is Great Grandpa Frank Thompson. I find some info on Sarah Knipp,great grandma, but nothing on him. Let me know if what I have will help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions