Search for content in message boards

John Paul Laurent, M.D.

John Paul Laurent, M.D.

Posted: 8 Jun 2008 4:34AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Hanson,Laurent,
John Paul Laurent, M.D.

John Paul Laurent died at home on Monday, November 1,2004. He was born in Columbus, Ohio on January 3, 1946, the son of Paul and Mildred (Hanson) Laurent. Prior to graduating from high school, he earned his bronze palm as an Eagle Scout. Jack graduated Magna Cum Laude with a BA in zoology and chemistry from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. While there, he was selected as a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He received his medical degree in 1972 from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, and completed his general surgical residency there in 1993. He fulfilled his service obligation in the Public Health Service as a staff associate at the National Institutes of Health, and at the National Institute of Neurological Disease and Stroke in Bethesda, Maryland. He returned to the University of Pennsylvania to complete his surgical training in Neurosurgery as well as a fellowship at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia in Pediatric Neurosurgery. In 1980 Jack and his family moved to Houston to pursue his professional passions: surgery, teaching, and research. His affiliations were with St. Luke's and Texas Children's Hospital. He joined the faculty of Baylor College of Medicine and went on to become the Section Chief of Pediatric Neurosurgery .He also served as Chief of Neurosurgery, Surgical Epilepsy and Neuro-oncology at Texas Children's Hospital. His commitment to the Brachial Plexus team brought him international acclaim. His distinguished professional accolades include: National Science Foundation Research Award for Chemistry (conducted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology), William A. Jeffers Neurology Award, Pennsylvania State Heart Association Award, Alpha Omega Alpha, Southeastern Texas Heart Association Award, John D. Morgan Memorial Award, Philadelphia Neurological Society Award, Fellow and a Life Member of the National Registry of Who's Who. He was a primary author for papers published in professional journals such as Journal of Neurosurgery, Concepts in Pediatric Neurosurgery, Child's Brain, Neurosurgery, Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences, Child's Nervous System, Current Opinions in Neurology and Neurosurgery, Clinics in Plastic Surgery and Neurosurgery Quarterly. Further chapters, editorials and reviews reflected his primary commitment to brachial plexus and peripheral nerve injuries. He regularly presented his research and observations throughout the United States and abroad. Jack was a man with many interests, talents, and outdoor pursuits including gardening, hunting, and fishing. A favorite pastime was spending time in the woods hunting deer and turkey using bows and arrows that he made himself. He had an innate ability to do almost anything with his hands. He could frequently be found working in his gardens or checking on projects in his greenhouse. Jack had a lifelong fascination with Native American history, folklore, legends and crafts. He was an accomplished scholar in these areas and accumulated a library collection of books and artifacts. Jack's devotion to his family and their interests was unsurpassed. He is survived by his wife of 35 years, Patricia, and his children Nicole Clark, 24, a graduate student at the University of Southern California, and John Cushman, 21, a junior at Colby College. He is also survived by his brother Thomas H. Laurent and his dear cousin Deborah Laurent McKillop. He was a devoted friend to many and will be held in the hearts of those he knew forever. We will miss his love, his sharing, his wit, his intellect, his enthusiasm, and his passion for life. The family cordially invites friends to join them for a memorial service celebrating Jack's life on Friday, November 5th at 1 o'clock in the afternoon at the Houston Garden Center, 1500 Hermann Drive (in Hermann Park), Houston, Texas 77004. Memorial contributions in Jack's name can be made to Texas Children's Hospital, benefiting the Brachial Plexus Clinic or the Resident's Teaching Fund, 6621 Fannin Street, Houston, Texas 77030.

ohn Paul Laurent, M.D.
Tributes

Name: Francine Litz
Address: 339 Rosemary Avenue
City: Ambler
State/Province: Pennsylvania
Zip/Postal Code: 19002
Home Phone: 215 643 5913
Email Address: francine@injurednewborn.com

Relation: Our Daughter's Angel

Tribute: Dr. Laurent was a shining star. He was a man trained and guided by God. He would walk into a room and it would light up with his presence. I have proof of this because every single picture I took of him ended up being black and white from the brightness! He helped so many babies including my own. I will never forget how much compassion he had when he sat and tried to explained to us the details of something so difficult to even conceptualize. He always talked eye to eye to my daughter, even as an infant. Our last memory of him was of him playing thumby wars with our daughter, then 5 years old. He crouched down to her level and was eye to eye with her and played thumby wars with her and he was SO PROUD that she could use her thumb and her hand that way. I could feel pride beaming out of him. We are SO SAD that Dr. Laurent has passed and we know for sure that he is being comforted and loved by God. God bless you Dr. Laurent - we will miss you so much. My daughter's "V" scar on her neck will remind us of you every day and we will continue to pray for you and your family. Thank you for God for sending this angel to earth. I'm sad that you had to bring him back but I know that you must have another important job for him to do. We love you Dr. Laurent. I set up a memorial page on my website that I hope the family will come and look at. There is a message board there where familiels have been posting their thoughts and feelings. It is at www.injurednewborn.com/maia/homepage.html.

Name: Gary W. Miller
Address: 11723 Claywood
City: Houston
State/Province: Texas
Zip/Postal Code: 77024
Home Phone: 713-974-1836
Email Address: gmiller@boyarmiller.com

Relation: Friend

Tribute: How many truly great men do we meet in a lifetime? Jack was a father, husband, physician, friend to many, but so much more. Jack was a renaissance man--an expert in matters from brain surgery to hunting with the bows and arrows he made with his own hands. Jack's personal warmth and love were well known; it extended not just to his wife and children, but to the many others whom he welcomed into his life. Jack was a friend to my son who was a guest in his house during those challenging high school years on almost a daily basis. In building their relationship, Jack helped my son believe in himself and played a key role in his transition to adulthood. Jack used his skills as a surgeon to make his living, but he also gave away those skills to countless strangers to change their lives and make a difference in the world. We knew Jack as a parent and a husband. He was a example to us all. We are better for having known him. We will miss him everyday.

Name: Joni Sandoval
Address: 2710 S. Irving St.
City: Denver
State/Province: Colorado
Zip/Postal Code: 80236
Email Address: sandoval.joni@epa.gov

Relation: mother of his patient

Tribute: Dr. Laurent truly touched our hearts and we are so thankful to have been blessed with the care he provided for my daughter at Texas Children's hospital. He helped us legally as well. His kindness was amazing and his advocation to the brachial plexus community and children will be remebered forever. God bless your family and friends. This is devasting to everyone who knew this incredible doctor and man. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Name: Yulander Taylor
Address: 742 Cape Cottage Lane
City: Spring
Zip/Postal Code: 77373
Home Phone: 281-288-7881
Email Address: yulandertaylor@sbcglobal.net

Relation: Admin. Assistant

Tribute: I remember when I first meet Dr. Laurent I was being interview by him for a position in the Neurosurgery Department. He had me to sit down and he begin to speak about Family and how important they are and how they are first and everything else was second. He told me that family comes first with him and so it should with me. I sat there and listen to him, never did he ask me about my recent job experience and if I could handle the position, but I understood where he was going with everything. I can truly say that Dr. Laurent was a man that was honest, up front true and stood his ground and meant what he said. He always told me (Turkey) I can always depend on you to get the job done. Even though he is gone, but his word will always remain the same in my heart, that FAMILY COMES 1st. I will truly miss you Dr. Laurent yt

Name: Kelly Kirkland
Address: 7411 Pacific Ave #1
City: Wildwood Crest
State/Province: New Jersey
Zip/Postal Code: 08260
Home Phone: 609-846-1522
Email Address: crestmom7411@yahoo.com

Relation: Our Son's Angel

Tribute: Dr. Laurent is an inspiration to my family. He has given my son a chance for a better tomorrow. My heart is broken today with the lose of such a wonderful, caring, amazing man. He has touched my life in such a way, and I will be in dept to him forever. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends. May they find peace in knowing that John Paul Laurent was a miracle worker, he was a prince, he is our angel and he is loved across the world. Thank you Dr. laurent for what you have given us, we love and will miss you dearly. May God bless you. Bernie, Kelly, Jamie and especially Matthew (LBPI)

Name: Julie Olson
Address: 6265 Tahoe Pl
City: Woodbury
State/Province: Minnesota
Zip/Postal Code: 55125
Home Phone: (651)735-7613
Email Address: olson@augsburg.edu

Relation: Our son's surgeon

Tribute: We are grateful beyond words for the skill and care that Dr. Laurent used during our son's brachial plexus nerve grafting surgery in 2002. He was not only a gifted physician but a man whose warmth was obvious and genuine. We celebrate his life and offer our sympathy to his family and friends on their loss.

Name: Valdemar Z. Garza
Email Address: vzgarza@texaschildrenshospital.org

Relation: Acquaintance

Tribute: Dr. Laurent gave so much to the children that needed his expertise. He truly cared for his patients and he was admired by many of us at Texas Children's Hospital. A true hero.

Name: Nancy Dunlap
Address: 3711 San Felipe, 15D
Zip/Postal Code: 77027
Home Phone: 713-892-5255
Email Address: jndunlap@swbell.net

Tribute: Jack was a marvelous man for his many personal interests, his professional excellence, his committment to a wonderful family and great fun for his many friends - of which I am pleased to be but one. Jack was a pillar of the Houston medical community and will be sorely missed by his colleagues and those of us who rested more securely knowing that Jack's sage advice and guidance were only a phone call away. Beyond being the life of a party, every encounter with Jack was a learning opportunity - be it on gardening, hunting, taxidermy, literature, Maine .... I was privileged to see Jack just two weeks ago and thought he looked a specimen of physical and mental health. One knew he was at the top of his game as he shared his unique irreverance - customarily appropriate, but always thoughtful and amusing. May Patricia, Nicole and Cushman receive some solace in the knowledge that they had many years with a very special person and that sharing his time with so many appreciative patients and friends was a gift they gave to all of us. Thank you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Name: Marie Trahan-Brown
Address: P.O.Box 21359
Zip/Postal Code: 77226
Home Phone: 713-450-4343
Email Address: metrahan@texaschildrenshospital.org

Relation: co-worker

Tribute: Hello Family, Words cannot express what you are filling right now. But Dr. Laurent and his family is in my prayers. Dr. Laurent was a great doctor and will be missed throughout the International Department @ Texas Children's Hospital. Sincerly, Marie Trahan-Brown

Name: Nancy Dunlap
Address: 3711 San Felipe, 15D
Home Phone: 713-892-5255
Email Address: jndunlap@swbell.net

Tribute: Jack was a marvelous man for his many personal interests, his professional excellence, his committment to a wonderful family and great fun for his many friends - of which I am pleased to be but one. Jack was a pillar of the Houston medical community and will be sorely missed by his colleagues and those of us who rested more securely knowing that Jack's sage advice and guidance were only a phone call away. Beyond being the life of a party, every encounter with Jack was a learning opportunity - be it on gardening, hunting, taxidermy, literature, Maine .... I was privileged to see Jack just two weeks ago and thought he looked a specimen of physical and mental health. One knew he was at the top of his game as he shared his unique irreverance - customarily appropriate, but always thoughtful and amusing. May Patricia, Nicole and Cushman receive some solace in the knowledge that they had many years with a very special person and that sharing his time with so many appreciative patients and friends was a gift they gave to all of us. Thank you and our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Name: Jody Gallette
Address: 20356 Gresham Street
City: Winnetka
State/Province: California
Zip/Postal Code: 91306
Home Phone: 818-701-7630
Email Address: jgallette@yahoo.com

Tribute: We would like to offer our sincere condolences to the family of Dr. Laurent. He was a wonderful man and cared so much for our BPI children. He did my daughter's primary nerve surgery in April of 1998 and we knew at that time he was a special person. God needed an Angel. Sincerely, The Gallette Family

Name: Tisha Redden
Address: 1408 W Fulton St
City: Garden City
State/Province: Kansas
Zip/Postal Code: 67846
Home Phone: 620-271-9898
Email Address: trt_redden@sbcglobal.net

Relation: he was my daughters doctor

Tribute: Dr. Laurent and family, I am so sorry for your loss. He was a wonderful person and doctor. He gave us joy and hope in our lives when we hit rock bottom. He was Tabitha's gaurdian angel. He has touched so many lives and that is what made him such a great person. He will be missed by many including my family. To Dr. Laurent may the lord bless you and keep you. Thank you for all that you have done for my daughter and family, you are truely a great gift from god and will be missed. You and your family will be in our thoughts and our prayers. Roger, Tisha and Tabitha Redden

Name: Edgar Vesga
Address: 1919 S Braeswood MC4-7105
Zip/Postal Code: 77030
Home Phone: 832-824-2893
Email Address: eavesga@texaschildrenshospital.org

Relation: Texas Children's Hospital

Tribute: Our thoughts are with you.

Name: Sabah abdouh
Address: 13485 Garden Grove
Zip/Postal Code: 77082
Home Phone: 281-381-8540
Email Address: sxabdouh@texaschildrenshospital.org

Tribute: Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Name: Robert & Priscilla Morgan
Address: PO Box 726
City: Bakersville
State/Province: North Carolina
Zip/Postal Code: 28705
Home Phone: (828) 688-2458
Email Address: softballmom09@hotmail.com

Relation: Dr. Laurent was our sons surgeon for a Traumatic B

Tribute: We are so sorry to hear of Dr. Laurents passing. He was such a kind man. We will sorely miss him. I will never forget when we first met him at TCH. He made a wonderful impression on us. He was so caring and being the parents of an injured child, his manner was so great in comforting us. He performed surgery on our son James Robert Morgan in April of 2004, for nerve damage from a brachial plexus injury. He gave us so much hope for the future for our child. So, his memory is still very fresh in our minds! Thank you so much Dr. Laurent for the wonderful things you did in helping all children. We shall never forget you! Our sympathy goes out to all his family. God bless you all!

Name: Carol Laufer and everyone at CACHH
Address: 3201 Allen Parkway
Zip/Postal Code: 77019
Home Phone: 713.527.9330
Email Address: carol@cachh.org

Relation: Friends of Nicole

Tribute: Our thoughts are with you.

Name: Angela Demar
Address: 1405 Mojave Bend
City: Leander
Zip/Postal Code: 78641

Relation: my daughters doctor

Tribute: Dr. Laurent was a true blessing for my daughter. He always had a smile on his face when we saw him. I am at a true lost for words to descibe this remarkable man. May God bless your family.

Name: Saleh Owen
Address: Taxes Childrens Hospital
City: houston
Zip/Postal Code: 77030
Home Phone: 832-824-1138
Email Address: smowen@texachildrenshospital.org

Relation: coworker

Tribute: Dr. Laurents loss will effect many of his patient at Texas Childrens Hospital I worked with patient and Dr. Laurent He was great. We will miss him gratly.

Name:

Name: Robyn Hardin
Address: 2011 Ramada
Zip/Postal Code: 77062
Email Address: r_trinemeyer@sbcglobal.net

Relation: My Daughter's Guardian Angel

Tribute: Dr. Laurent you meant so much to me and my family. When times looked their bleakest and my daughter was just a baby, you gave me the words I need to hear. She's 17 now, not a baby any longer, and it is all thanks to you. We were told by others she wouldn't make it, you told me different and then proved it. A true gift from the Lord above, performing miracles on the tiniest and most innocentof the Lord's children. My prayers go out to your family and loved ones. As much as it hurt me to find out, I cannot imagine the pain your loved ones are going through. May God bless you and your family. Thank you family for sharing a wonderful person with many special children.

Name: The Esparza Family

Relation: Dr. Laurent was our daughter's surgeon

Tribute: Dear Laurent Family, We are so sorry to hear of Dr. Laurent's passing. He was a wonderful man and surgeon. Dr. Laurent gave so much of himself to the bpi community. Without his gently hands and expertise, Makenna would not have the movement that she has today. Our hearts and prayers go out to the Laurent Family, May God Bless You,

Name: DeShawn Smiley
Address: 7613 Woodfield Road
City: Fort Worth
Zip/Postal Code: 76112
Home Phone: (817)451-1627
Email Address: mamashawnee@aol.com

Relation: Parents of his former patient

Tribute: We really appreciate all that Dr. Laurent did for our child while she was so young. He was a caring individual who will be greatly missed. Our thoughts will be with his family in this time of sorrow. I hope that they are able to find some comfort in these words at this disheartening time. We will miss Dr. Laurent. The brachial plexus community will not be the same without him.

Name: The Wilsey Family
Address: 20 Drumlin Drive
City: Macedon
State/Province: New York
Zip/Postal Code: 14502
Home Phone: 3159862767
Email Address: jgwilsey@msn.com

Relation: Our daughter's surgeon

Tribute: Dr. Laurent performed the first portion of our daughter's nerve grafting surgery in 6/01 and he was the one that had to break the bad news to us about how bad her injury was. We will never forget the "Great White Wonder" who breezed into our daughter's hospital room with his entourage of residents! We will be forever grateful for the work that he performed and the hope that he provided for some many families. His legacy will live on through our children and the furtures that he allowed them to have. Sincere condolences for the Laurent family.

Name: Alison Bhatti
Address: 2284 Fernspring Dr
City: Round Rock
Zip/Postal Code: 78664
Home Phone: 512 248 8668
Email Address: Abhatti@austin.rr.com

Relation: Mom of Patient

Tribute: We first met Dr. Laurent six years ago. Our son, Donyal had suffered a BPI injury and at 9 months of age we flew from FL to TX. Dr. Laurent spent over two hours answering our questions. He was very caring, compassionate, and honest. Dr. Laurent made it easier to hand over a 9 month old for nerve surgery. He made a very tough decision appear so easy. He calmed our nerves. Our son is now 6 years old and is doing very well. We last saw Dr. Laurent in April at clinic. He was at the door watching Dr. Shenaq examine our son. He entered the room and was beaming with a proud smile. It was quite amazing as he had remembered our son and even took out the drawing that he did in the middle of primary surgery six years ago. We all had a good laugh and that is how I will remember Dr. Laurent, the gleaming smile and proudness. Dr. Laurent was a very gifted, talented doctor who has touched and made many many childrens lives better. We appreciate everything he has done for the BPI community and will miss him. At this time, our thoughts and prayers are with his family. May he rest in peace. God Bless. Sam and Alison Bhatti

Name: Kenneth D. Urban, Sr.
Address: 18118 Oak Hampton
Zip/Postal Code: 77084
Home Phone: 281-859-2994
Email Address: tllee@texaschildrenshospital.org

Relation: Patient (Matthew Urban) Family

Tribute: Awesome Doctor, truely One of a Kind! Dr. Laurent, you will be missed.

Name: Gail and Jeff Clarke
Address: 17 De Silva Island Drive
City: Mill Valley
Zip/Postal Code: 94941
Email Address: gailorjeff@yahoo.com

Relation: Friends

Tribute: Patricia, You, Nicole, Cushman and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Jack's loss will be felt around the world. We always enjoyed his company during times when he was "Patricia's husband" at ACT events. Gail truly appreciated Jack's caring support while you and I worked the crowd for Channel 8. We hope to talk with you soon. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to be of service to you and the family. With deepest sympathy, Gail and Jeff

Name: Stacey Allen-Aguirre
Address: 3074 Antler Way
City: Missouri City
Zip/Postal Code: 77459
Home Phone: 832-605-4931
Email Address: stacey143@mail.ev1.net

Relation: former employee

Tribute: I had the pleasure of working for Dr. Laurent for three years. (1995-1998) He was an incredible leader, teacher and encourager. He was so passionate about so many things. He adored his wife and children and always made time for them. He loved telling me stories about his children. His strong desire to learn about so many things was so admirable. Yesterday our whole world lost a friend. Dr. Laurent, thank you for allowing me the opportunity of knowing & working with you. I will always remember your contagious laughter.

Name: Karrie McDermott
Address: 1103 University Place
City: Waldorf
State/Province: Maryland
Zip/Postal Code: 20602
Home Phone: 301-645-4619
Email Address: KLM816@comcast.net

Relation: son is a BPI patient

Tribute: Are thoughts and prayers are with Dr. Laurent's family during this difficult time. He was an extra special man in the BPI community and will be so very, very missed. His dedication to our children and brachial plexus injuries will never go unforgotten. Thank you Dr. Laurent for being the man you were. Karrie McDermott

Name: Laurie Mitchell, RN, Ed.D.
Zip/Postal Code: 77021
Email Address: drlam97@sbcglobal.net

Relation: Staff Nurse

Tribute: I had the opportunity to work with Dr. Laurent when I worked at Texas Children's Hospital. I saw him often at St. Luke's going to the Doctor's Lounge and would tease him about going being in the wrong O.R. He will be missed.

Name: Sandy Mitchell
Address: 903 South 4th
City: Marlow
State/Province: Oklahoma
Zip/Postal Code: 73055
Home Phone: 580-658-6577
Email Address: bmitc341@sbcglobal.net

Relation: My Daughter Brenley's Angel Doctor

Tribute: I have always said from the 1st time Brenley moved her arm after her primary surgery that Dr. Laurent was an angel sent to us from heaven. I have a picture of Brenley sitting on Dr. Laurent's lap when she was 13 months old and the two of them are all smiles and that helps control the tears, because I know one day that Brenley will see him again in heaven and it will be all smiles again. To his family, I am truly sorry for your lose and I can't begin to tell what a blessing it is to have known Dr. Laurent. He not only helped our daughter, but he truly helped me as well with his sincerity and compassion. I thank God for putting him in our lives. Thank-you for allowing him to help my daughter and all the other child that suffer with Brachial PLexus injuries. May God Bless you. Love, Sandy Mitchell

Name: Melissa Pitt
Address: 2720 Wahoo Drive
City: New Albany
State/Province: Indiana
Zip/Postal Code: 47150
Email Address: blitz-kitty@msn.com

Relation: patient

Tribute: To the family of Dr. Laurent-may God bless you in this time of grieving. My daughter was blessed to have been evaluated by the doctor. He truly was a blessing and shining light in the world. Heaven is blessed with such an angel.

Name: Deborah Helmlinger
Address: 5819 MCKNIGHT
City: HOUSTON
Zip/Postal Code: 77035
Email Address: deborahh@bcm.tmc.edu

Relation: BILLING MANAGER

Tribute: Dr. Laurent was always very nice and respectful to me, I will always remember that. There were many times he would really make me laugh. We have known each other since 1995 and have been through many things. My thoughts and prayers are with the entire Laurent family in your loss. Deborah Helmlinger

Name: Walter, Patricia, and Cyan Bligen
Address: 114 Fountain Dr
City: Jacksonville
Zip/Postal Code: 28540
Home Phone: (910) -989-1428
Email Address: emri12@yahoo.com

Relation: Daughter was a Brachial Plexus Patient

Tribute: God's Garden God looked around his garden and saw an empty place. He then looked down on earth, and saw your tired face. He put his arms around you and lifted you to rest. Gods garden must be a beautiful place, He only takes the best. He knew that you would never get well on earth again. He saw the road getting rough and the hills hard to climb, So he closed your weary eyes and whispered "Peace Be Thine". It broke our hearts to lose you, but you're not going alone. for part of us went with you the day God called you home. If tears could build a stairway and heartaches could make a lane, we'd walk a path to Heaven and bring you home again. By: Robin Radford Dr. Laurent you were a hero to the brachial plexus community. May God Bless and Comfort your Family. Sincerly the Bligen Family

Name: Rick Abbott, MD
Address: 111 E. 210st
City: Bronx
Zip/Postal Code: 10467

Relation: Friend and trainee

Tribute: I feel very lost at this moment, wanting to hear Jack's laughter. I first met Jack as a neurosurgical resident, shortly after he joined Bill Cheek at Texas Children's. Between the two of them I quickly developed a desire to be a pediatric neurosurgeon. It was Jack who taught me how to have fun and enjoy my patients, even during times of heavy workload and stress. He always found time to laugh. It was such a valuable lesson and I am sure that I am not the only physician who has benefited from his wisdom. Rest in peace Jack knowing how much good you did during your life.

Name: Jan Vick
Address: 2603 Timmons Lane
Email Address: tennis@thebriarclub.com

Relation: Director of Tennis

Tribute: I knew Jack for only such a short time, and he was always so friendly and was most welcoming to me when I joined the club. Jack always reserved court 1 on Wednesdays to play with his friends, and these close friends will continue in this tradition as if Jack was there with them. Jack and his family are in my prayers. Jan Vick

Name: Victor A. Amato, Ph.D.
Address: 3118 W. Village Lane
City: Port Huron
State/Province: Michigan
Zip/Postal Code: 48060
Home Phone: 810-987-2056
Email Address: amatov@prodigy.net

Tribute: I hadn't seen Jack, my chemistry lab partner, since not long after we graduated from high school in 1964. He was a good scout and our no. 1 tennis player. He studied so much we couldn't get him to smoke and drink with us. I see he fulfilled his early promise and I'm proud to have known him.

Name: Suzanne and Russell Ekblad
Address: 5865 Sugar Hill
Zip/Postal Code: 77057
Home Phone: 713-782-3953
Email Address: rekblad@ix.netcom.com

Name: The Ekblad Family
Address: 5865 Sugar Hill
Home Phone: 713-782-3953
Email Address: rekblad@ix.netcom.com

Relation: Our Son Was His Patient

Tribute: Dear Mrs. Laurent, Nicole and John, I'm so sad, I'm so sorry. Wiithout Dr. Laurent our son would not have lived to adulthood. Andrew Ekblad, our 26 year old son, was diagnosed with arteriovenus malformation his Sr yr in high school. Dr. Laurent perfectly removed the poorly formed capillary bed from Andrew's brain, giving him quality years of scholarship and pleasure. And Dr Laurent was such a comfort to us and gave us such confidence. We love him so much. His "innate" gift from God of doing fine things with his hands must have become the purpose that shaped his life, whether in work or pleasure. What a loss for the world. May God bring you supernatural comfort as you hide yourselves in Him. Thank you for sharing Dr Laurent with his patients and for providing a loving and stable home from which he drew strength to share with others. We love you because he loved you and we love him. Suzanne Ekblad, Mother of Andrew Ekblad

Name: Lynne and Harold Portnoy
Address: 44555 Woodward Ave. #506
City: Pontiac
Zip/Postal Code: 48321
Email Address: hportnoy@michheadspine.com

Relation: friend and colleague

Tribute: Dear Patricia, Nicole and Cushman, We are so saddened to hear the news of Jack's passing. We always relished our time together, great vistas to see, great food to savor and always great and memorable laughter. We will miss Jack and the ASPN meetings will not be the same without you. If we can be of any assistance please know we are here for you and will be thinking of you often.

Name: Teresa and Kevin Hodgson
Address: 307 Elizabeth Ln.
City: McCook
State/Province: Nebraska
Zip/Postal Code: 69001
Home Phone: 308-345-5696
Email Address: khodgson@swnebr.net

Relation: parents of a obp patient

Tribute: Dr. Laurent performed surgery on Our Daughter Megan in January 2003. She was 8 months old when he perfromed her primary nerve graft. It was such an emotional time and within minutes of talking with him we felt confident and hopeful. Without his talent as a surgeon, and his compassion as a person we hate to think where we may be with our daughter. She has done so well and words cannot even begin to describe how greatful we will always be. We feel like we lost one of our own family members. Sincere sympathy. The Hodgsons'

Name: Karen Holliday
Address: 2720 Kelly Lane

Name: Karen Holliday
Address: 2720 Kelly Lane
Zip/Postal Code: 77066
Home Phone: 281-893-6963
Email Address: skjkholliday@cs.com

Relation: Kristen Holliday's Friend and Guardian Angel on Ea

Tribute: I find this very difficult expressing what and how much Dr. Laurent has meant to Kristen and her family. Kristen was born 06/10/1984. We met Dr. Laurent 06/11/1984 when he waltzed into the surgery holding area wearing his scrubs and clogs with blood splatters on them. We thought no way is this man operating on our daughter. Later we told him of this and he found it very amusing. Little did we know what role he would play in our lives. Kristen was given 6 months to live by other Doctors but Dr. Laurent never gave up or in. He was to perform over half of the 40 or more surgeries on Kristen for Spina Bifida and complications from Spina Bifida. Thank you was never enough so on Kristen's birthday I would take toys wrapped in Birthday paper to his office for others to play with while they waited. I also wrote him numerous Thank You's not just on Kristen's behalf but also of the many lives he touched and would touch. Kristen is now 20 years old and though physically and mentally on earth was never able to express her deepest gratitude to Dr. Laurent, I know that when I put her to bed tonight her Angels will fly with speed to be by his side and express to him what she could not. I last saw Dr. Laurent in November 2003 and asked him a favor and that was to be there for Kristen when the Angel's came for her. He said "Most definitely." I now know that he has fullfilled his promise and will be there waiting for her in Heaven. Dr. Laurent you will forever be in our hearts and thoughts. With our deepest respect and gratitude, Kristen Holliday's family

Name: Michael & Sandy Louth
Address: 16318 Kayla Lynn Court
City: Magnolia
Zip/Postal Code: 77355-4004
Home Phone: 281-252-8408
Email Address: mslouth@sbcglobal.net

Relation: Sons Doctor & Friend

Tribute: Dr. Laurent, Words just don't seem to be enough to express the heartfelt gratitude we feel for you or the sadness in our hearts. You came into our lives 15 years ago when our son, Toby, was born. We were told by others that he probably wouldn't live, yet you gave us the hope so badly needed. After 97 days, many surgeries and sleepless nights, we brought him home. Over the years, whenever Toby would return to the hospital, you would greet us with that radiant confident smile of yours and we would know, he would be ok. You have touched many lives, yet you have touched our hearts. We will always remember you, for you live in Toby. We look forward to the day when we meet again and see that smile. Sincerely, Michael & Sandy Louth

Name: cheryl Lacke
Address: 521 Crafton Ave.
City: Pitman
State/Province: New Jersey
Zip/Postal Code: 08071
Home Phone: 856-256-0165
Email Address: candclacke@msn.com

Relation: Bailey's Dr.

Tribute: Our deepest sympathy to the Laurent family. My husband and I first met Dr. Laurent in June of 96. I remember he came into clinics the day before surgery to see our little girl. He was an incredible comfort to my husband and I. I knew God had put this man in our life for a reason. His smile and gentle nature will always be in our hearts forever. He will be missed.

Name: Ron Garcia
Address: 2621 greenbriar
City: houston

Tribute: What you live with you learn and what you learn you practice. Jack practiced love,joy,truth,laughter,compassion,forgiveness and a deep passion for life.What I learned from him was love and happiness form our very deep and personal relationship.Today I learn with happiness there can be pain. I love you Jack and will miss you. OLD MAN! Ron.

Name: JACQUELINE COX
Address: 1314 CROSSDRAW DR
City: HOUSTON
Zip/Postal Code: 77067
Home Phone: 2818777351

Tribute: MAY GOD, BE THE FAMILY

Name: Stacey, Frank, and Nicholas Frost
Address: 185 West Presque Isle RD.
City: Caribou
State/Province: Maine
Zip/Postal Code: 04736
Home Phone: 207-492-1354
Email Address: sfrost@mfx.net

Relation: Patient, Nicholas (BPI)

Tribute: Thinking of your family during this difficult time. Dr. Laurent will be sadly missed. The Frost Family

Name: Clint Ward

Tribute: It is with such sadness that we hear of Dr. Laurent's passing. But I take solice in knowing that he helped many children during his life and that God must have great plans for him in heaven. To his family I say you should take great comfort in knowing that so many parents were willing to entrust their most precious gift into his hands. God Bless.

Name: Jill Long
Address: 239 Wisdom Drive
City: Cache
State/Province: Oklahoma
Zip/Postal Code: 73527

Relation: Mother of Patient

Tribute: Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Dr. Laurent will be greatly missed. He was always there to answer any question and always made Kaci feel comfortable. He always greeted us with a smile and showed true compassion for what we were going through. He was truly a wonderful person.

Name: Annette Hebble
Address: 1651 Colquitt
Zip/Postal Code: 77006-5203
Email Address: anjeka@sbcglobal.net

Relation: Patient's mom

Tribute: Dr. Laurent has performed surgery twice on my daughter Karina and we have seen him annually for the past five years. Karina is now an active, strong-willed, pretty and bright seven year old girl, but without the intervention of someone with Dr. Laurent's skills, she would have had no future. We are forever grateful. Annette Hebble (Karina's mom)

Name: RyanPartridge
Address: 1646 Viking Dr.
Zip/Postal Code: 77018
Home Phone: 832-202-5819
Email Address: thepartridgefamily@houston.rr.com

Tribute: I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Laurent through a friend when I was a sophomore at the University of Houston. I always had the dream of becoming a neurosurgeon when I was a little boy, but really had no idea as to what that really meant. When I told Dr. Laurent that I dreamed of becoming a neurosurgeon he asked me how he could help. I told him that I would be extremely grateful if he would let me shadow himself and his partner Dr. Dauser. From that day on and for the next three years I shadowed the two physicians during the summer and any spare time I had. I spent many days going on rounds and watching him operate. He was a natural at teaching; he had the gift of being able to explain most everything in a way that was approachable to the laymen. After reading most of the guest book entries I have noticed that not many people know about his work with children outside of the disease setting. Dr. Laurent and I began a small mentoring program based upon the experiences that I had with him. I went to Dr. Laurent and asked if he would be willing to head-up a program that would allow high school students interested in the medical profession the opportunity to shadow physicians. Dr Laurent though it a great idea and quickly gave me the list of other physicians that would be interested. Over the four years we ran the program Dr. Laurent touched the lives of many healthy children. Dr. Laurent enjoyed the opportunity to see passion in another?s eyes. I will miss him dearly as he was truly like a second father to me. My prayers and thoughts go out to Mrs. Laurent and their two children.

Name: Lauren Gomez
Email Address: lorlor50@hotmail.com

Relation: one of the many he saved

Tribute: I met Dr. Laurent when I was 13 years old. I was referred to him by a friend. I owe him my life. At 13 I was diagnosed with a brain tumor that was deemed inoperable. Dr. Laurent advised my parents to pray and to keep faith in him, he would find a way to help. And luckily, his faith in God and me did help me through. Several years later, I happened to see him at my job at Teas. It was always a pleasure to tell my co-workers about how I owed my life to him. And he loved to tell me about how his bat houses helped keep mosquitoes away, I never really believed him, but hey he had a doctorate so who was I to argue. I am surprised to learn I am the same age as his daughters. That explains a lot of his compassion for the parents of the children he worked with, including mine. He never gave up hope. Now, after being told I would not live longer than 3 months after my 13th birthday, it has been 10 years, almost 11, and I am still here. Thank you Dr. Laurent! And may God comfort your family as you did mine! God bless you all!

Name: Louise Beaulieu and family
Address: 404 Saint Thomas Street
City: Madawaska
State/Province: Maine
Zip/Postal Code: 04756
Home Phone: 1-207-727-6110
Email Address: bobloub@verizon.net

Relation: brachial plexus child

Tribute: Dear Family and friends of Dr. Laurent, May the true presence of our Lord Jesus Christ be with the family of Dr. Laurent, his patients, his co-workers, his neighbors and friends as they hold hands together to remember and to console each other on the great loss of a great man. He has brought so much physical healing to so many and he has also brought so much hope for so many parents. May his reward be great in heaven for all the good he did during his short time on this earth. He certainly leaves a great legacy for the medical field and I pray that his great works will continue even though his presence is no longer tangent amongst all of us. Rest in Peace great and faithful servant of the Lord. With grateful hearts for your medical expertise..Miss Elizabeth, Louise and Bob Beaulieu from northern Maine...Miss Elizabeth was a patient of Dr. Nath from TCH and we have heard great things from other brachial plexus patients about Dr. Laurent

Name: Steve & Linda Mims
Address: 5711 Indian Circle
City: Houston, TX 77057
Home Phone: 713-974-0785
Email Address: steve.mims@prescottlegal.com

Name: Steve & Linda Mims
Address: 5711 Indian Circle
City: Houston, TX 77057
Home Phone: 713-974-0785
Email Address: steve.mims@prescottlegal.com

Tribute: We have truly lost one of the best and brightest of our generation...a true Renaissance man whose life is an example of achievement, leadership and compassion. Patricia, Nicole and Cushman: please know that you are surrounded in love and support by so many who have been touched by your wonderful family and that we will always be there for you. With deepest sympathy and love, Steve & Linda Mims

Name: Ann-Christine (Tina) Duhaime
Address: 2 Woodrow Road

Name: Ann-Christine (Tina) Duhaime
Address: 2 Woodrow Road
City: Hanover
State/Province: New Hampshire
Zip/Postal Code: 03755

Tribute: To Patricia - It's almost impossible to fathom that big, glowing smile and that wide open face crinkled in laughter NOT gracing us all forever. Jack has just been a PHENOMENON - not just a colleague, not just a friend. Jack's good will has always been contagious. You simply couldn't be around him without feeling happier, no matter what was bothering you. Even when things bothered HIM, he would make US feel better about whatever was going on in our lives. When I was just a little pipsqueak upstart in our field, Jack ALWAYS reached out to be friendly and supportive and inclusive. That kind of personality, that kind of caring and goodness, IS forever, because it has touched so many lives and made all of us better for knowing him. That the world still makes people like Jack is a comfort - people who have not become cynical and bitter despite setbacks and slights, people who can keep smiling and giving day after day. To us, Jack was as unfailingly giving and upbeat as it's possible to be. We will miss his physical presence, but he will always be a part of us, as people who change the way we view the world become entwined in our lives. For me, when I am crabby and sour, I will remember Jack's ways, and try to be more like him. When I am listening to a colleague's troubles and am distracted or unsympathetic, I will remember Jack and try to provide more support. I will try to help fill the gap left by his big laugh with at least a little laughter of my own, in tribute to what I learned from and admired about Jack over many years. While no one can replace Jack, it is also true that no one who knew him can ever forget him. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Cushman and Nicole.

Name: Franklin Family
Address: 160 Archery Club Rd
City: New Ringgold
State/Province: Pennsylvania
Zip/Postal Code: 17960
Home Phone: 570-386-2352
Email Address: cpfranklin@psualum.com

Relation: Our son's surgeon

Tribute: We took our son to Texas Children's for his first surgery. That morning we were waiting in the holding area and Matthew fell asleep in my arms. Dr. Laurent exchanged kind, warm words with us and I handed Matthew to him. He took him into his arms, gave him a hug, and walked down the hall, before getting to the doors he turned around and signaled all would be ok. Dr. Laurent made us feel comforted at a time of emotional need. Our prayers go out to Dr. Laurent's family, friends, and other patients so they may be comforted in this time of need. Cindy, Jeremy, Melanie, and Matthew

Name: David & Melinda Sullivant
Address: 3602 Valley Chase
City: Kingwood
Zip/Postal Code: 77345
Home Phone: 281-360-1969
Email Address: msulliv776@aol.com

Relation: our daughter's surgeon

Tribute: We look at our daughter, Megan, age 18, and are thankful for saving her life 18 years ago. Our thoughts are with the family of a talented surgeon.

Name: Kathleen Kennedy
Address: 525 C Avenue West
City: Walford
State/Province: Iowa
Zip/Postal Code: 52351
Home Phone: 319-846-2791
Email Address: Katkenia@aol.com

Relation: Parent of a bpi son

Tribute: We would like to express our heartfelt sympathy to his family during this difficult time. Dr. Laurent was a very generous man in so many ways. He gave so much of himself to others without asking for anything in return. Dr. Laurent devoted a week in Iowa delivering academic lectures throughout the entire state on treatment and referral of brachial plexus injuries in children. It was a gruelling schedule but he never complained. His awareness has created a better future for all brachial plexus children in our state. Dr. Laurent was also inspirational in meeting with the S.S.A. in Washington, DC. Here Dr. Laurent discussed bpi and created a tremendous awareness to this injury. Again his tireless efforts can be seen and felt throughout the nation. Our memories will last forever. May You Rest in Peace.

Name: Collie M. Holmes - Murphy
Address: 424 CR 1599
City: Avinger
Zip/Postal Code: 75630
Home Phone: 903-562-2189
Email Address: Cmscollie@wmconnect.com

Relation: Unknown friend

Tribute: To the Laurent Family, I have you and your's in my prayers. Mrs Laurent you don't know me, I feel that I've known you, Dr Laurent for a long time. I hear about you all, almost every day.By the way I am Yulander Holmes - Taylor mother. She call's me everyday, and have spoke highly of you and Dr Laurent. I know that you are hurting now, understand that God make's no mistake.I ask that you and the family stay in pray. keep looking to the hill's, from which cometh your help. Your help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.Be Bless. Thinking of you, and the family. Minister Collie M. Holmes - Murphy

Name: Laura, Steve and Paige Skotnicki
Address: 281 W. Amoroso Drive
City: Gilbert
State/Province: Arizona
Zip/Postal Code: 85233
Email Address: L7doll@aol.com

Relation: parents of patient

Tribute: To the Family: We are truely sorry for your lose and the future children with brachial plexus injuries who will not have the privledge of having Dr. Laurent see and treat their children. We believe that if it were not for the initial work of Dr. Laurent on our daughter Paige (who is 16 months) she would not have any use of her arm. She currently is capable of moving her arm into a 90 degree angle, she can shrug and move her fingers. We believe with out his amazing work when she was 4 months old, Paige might have had this opportunity. We will never forget you.

Name: Anita & Cassidy Hammer
Address: 9622 Deering
City: Livonia
Zip/Postal Code: 48150
Home Phone: 734-261-9202
Email Address: anitahammer@sbcglobal.net

Relation: My Daughter's Surgeon/Angel

Tribute: Dr. Laurent was a WONDERFUL doctor with a GREAT bedside manner and a superb sense of humor! He did his very best for our kids, and we as parents appreciate everything that he has done! Without his knowledge and skill, most of our children wouldn't be able to move the way they do today! You will be sadly missed!

Name: Emily Vaive
City: Cincinnati
State/Province: Ohio
Zip/Postal Code: 45248
Home Phone: 5134510922
Email Address: evaive@aol.com

Relation: Mother of patient

Tribute: Dr. Laurent has made such a difference in the life of my daughter- I am very saddened with the news of his death. With warmth and care he was able to help the nerves in her arm work in ways that never would have done without him. He carefully explained each step along the way. He renewed my faith in the medical community through his personal care and followup. He will be missed by so many. Sincerely Emily Vaive

Name: Joseph & Rebecca Wesley
Address: 4015 Valley Haven Drive
City: Kingwood
Zip/Postal Code: 77339
Home Phone: 281-359-1482
Email Address: becca1sue@yahoo.com

Relation: acquaintance

Tribute: Dear Mrs. Laurent, Our family would like to express our deepest sympathy to you and your children. Your husband was our 18 year old son's doctor for the past 17 years. He performed six of Joseph's ten surgeries. The most recent operation was in January this year. We will always be thankful for Dr. Laurent's abilities as a surgeon and for his encouragement. Our son has lived a very full and normal life because of his help. We are deeply saddened by your loss and the loss of such an incredibly talented doctor.

Name: Steven & Jessica Schneider
Address: 356 Baltustrol Circle
City: Roslyn
Zip/Postal Code: 11576
Home Phone: 516 627 7362
Email Address: neuronb@hotmail.com

Relation: friend & colleague

Tribute: Dear Pat, Nicole , Cushman & family, The ASPN & pediatric neurosurgery has sustained a great loss. Jack will always remain my inspiration. Not only is one of the main reasons I entered pediatric neurosurgery but he demonstrated to me how a brilliant driven pioneer could still manage to keep his family first. Whether it was having a residents meeting in his home or cautioning us to keep an "eagles eye" on Nicole while diving, he always made his priorities clear. I can see his jolly smile, pipe half hanging out of the side of his mouth, grinning........."Don't worry mon, everthing's gonna be okay...". It didn't make a difference what was happening! He has given so much to so many that he will never be truly gone. Please accept our deepest sympathies & thoughts. All our love Steven & Jessica Schneider

Name: Trish Bugg
Address: 314 Clarendon Road
City: Burlingame
Zip/Postal Code: 94010
Email Address: trishmalonebugg@aol.com

Relation: Parents of one of Dr. Laurent's patients

Tribute: Condolences to the family! Your husband (and father) was a warm and wonderful man. He has given us hope for our beautiful one year old son! We interviewed numerous surgeons, across the country, before choosing TCH, and it was most certainly due to this wonderful man! The Lord blessed us all with Dr. Laurent's prescence here on earth. He will be missed! May your wonderful memories of him help soften the ache in your hearts! God bless you all, and thank you so much for sharing him with so many of us! We truley appreciate the sacrifices you family members must make. Thanks again and God Bless you during this sad time!

Name: Trish Bugg
Address: 314 Clarendon Road
City: Burlingame
Zip/Postal Code: 94010
Email Address: trishmalonebugg@aol.com

Relation: Parents of one of Dr. Laurent's patients

Tribute: Condolences to the family! Your husband (and father) was a warm and wonderful man. He has given us hope for our beautiful one year old son! We interviewed numerous surgeons, across the country, before choosing TCH, and it was most certainly due to this wonderful man! The Lord blessed us all with Dr. Laurent's prescence here on earth. He will be missed! May your wonderful memories of him help soften the ache in your hearts! God bless you all, and thank you so much for sharing him with so many of us! We truley appreciate the sacrifices you family members must make. Thanks again and God Bless you during this sad time!

Name: The Konstantinopoulos Family
Address: 1152 Holly Lane
City: Munster
Zip/Postal Code: 463221

Relation: Child with BPI

Tribute: Our deepest sympathies to the Laurent Family. We truly appreciate Dr. Laurent's work on behalf of Children with Brachial Plexus Injuries not only as an esteemed surgeon, researcher and teacher but also as an advocate for children. Dr. Laurent's Brachial Plexus Team provided our family with knowledge and support during our difficult times. May God grant you comfort and courage during this time.

Name: Sandra Bollig
Address: 4817 Waldenwood Dr
City: Highlands Ranch
State/Province: Colorado
Zip/Postal Code: 80130
Home Phone: 720-344-7280
Email Address: bollig99@yahoo.com

Relation: parent of a child with a BPI

Tribute: Our son never had the primary surgery, since we found the clinic when Alek was 18 months, but we did consult with Dr. Laurent, who then sent us to Dr. Nath. The integrity with which he handled our family and our concerns is the primary reason we chose to trust the group with Alek. 8 years and 5 surgeries later, we stand in awe of the amazing work this team does. Thousands of children have Dr. Laurent to thank for improving their quality of life. He valued parents and respected them for the role that they had before them. He was a kind, and incrdedibly giving man, who dedicated his life to these children. He will be greatly missed within the Brachial Plexus Community, but his contributions and skill will remain with those he helped for a life time. Our thoughts and prayers go to his family, and we pray that God will be your comfort at this time. Will deep respect, Rich, Sandra and Alek Bollig Highlands Ranch, Colorado

Name: Jeanne Bruski
Address: 22 Violet Lane W
City: Altoona
State/Province: Wisconsin
Zip/Postal Code: 54720
Home Phone: 715-552-5209
Email Address: jeannebruski@hotmail.com

Relation: Mother of child with bpi

Tribute: Dr. Laurent was a wonderful person and a special doctor who truly cared about his patients. He has done some wonderful things for the Brachial Plexus Injury children and I hope someone will be able to fill his shoes in the future! He will be sadly missed!

Name: Tim & Denise Gehlhausen & Ashlyn
Address: 22341 Cattail Rd
City: Bristow
Zip/Postal Code: 47515
Home Phone: 812-357-5289
Email Address: tgehlhausenfam@psci.net

Relation: Ashlyn's surgeon

Tribute: We just want to let you know how saddened we are upon hearing of Dr. Laurents passing. As we're sure you know he was just a wonderful and caring person. We will miss seeing him at Ashlyn's appointments in the BPI clinic in Houston. I wish you could realize the difference he has made in our daughters life...she when from having no movement or feeling in her entire shoulder,arm and hand to being able to have some sensation and functional use of her left arm and hand. Ashlyn is now 10 years old and has underwent seven surgeries. We know in our hearts that with out Dr. Laurent and his team, our daughter's life would be much different. We will keep him and his loved ones in our prayer's and thoughts always. Thank you for all the sacrifice's you have made ...so that all the brachial plexus patients can have a much better life.

Name: Tina Neely
State/Province: Connecticut
Email Address: bpmom@comcast.net

Relation: Mom of patient

Tribute: I was shocked and very sad to receive the news. Our family sends our sincere sympathy and prayers to your family to help you get through such a difficult time. We met Dr. Laurent nearly 6 years ago at the BP clinic at TCH. I can still hear his words in Jan 2000 when he came to the recovery room and said "we did the best we could with what we had." I could tell how caring of an individual he was by his voice and his expression. He was very concerned about Nicole's recovery because she had a very severe injury and her first surgery was done at 10 1/2 months old -- well past the ideal timeframe. We are so thankful to Dr. Laurent for what he did to help our baby. We will remember him by seeing Nicole's scar on her neck that enabled her to do so much more with her arm than she would've ever been able to do. I am also glad that we have a beautiful picture of Dr. Laurent holding Nicole. I would like you to know that after a lot of prayers, 4 surgeries, countless hours of PT and OT, estim, etc., Nicole's injury has improved so much. She has also found her own way to do many things. We are very grateful to Dr. Laurent and feel so sad for you family. Please accept our sincere condolencses. ~Troy, Tina & Nicole

Name: Claudia Roybal
City: cypress tx 77429

Relation: mom of a patient

Tribute: Dr.Laurent was my daughters Neurosurgeon since we moved to Houston in 1997. We enjoyed the yearly checkups and the thumbs up. We will miss his smiles and expertise. Mrs. Laurent and family, may God bless you richley.

Re: John Paul Laurent, M.D.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Jan 2013 11:55PM GMT
I never met Mr. Laurent, as I was only a newborn baby when he operated on me. My parents kept my defect from me for most of my life, and now (age 25), I'm only starting to learn what an important role this man played in my life. Mr. Laurent happened to be visiting my hospital when he felt my head and determined I didn't have a soft-spot (Craniosynostosis). Without this luck encounter, my life could have been much different.

Please accept my condolences and god bless your family.

Michael Randell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions