Search for content in message boards

Boatswain, Riley, Meade, Daly, West families of Montserrat

Boatswain, Riley, Meade, Daly, West families of Montserrat

Posted: 25 Jul 2007 3:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boatswain, Riley, West, Daly, Roach, Meade
1. my grandfather was Samuel Riley born 1925 in new york
2. his mother was Ellen Boatswain Riley and his father was John Riley.
3. Ellen was the daughter of Samuel Boatswain (papa Sam )and Katie Meade. they had about 10-11 children.(Rosie,Patrick-died as a child, Tommy, Lillie, Ellen, Florence, Nan, Wilhelmina, Edward) those are some of the names i have of their chidlren.
4. Ellen had a sister named Lillie Roach.
5. Samuel Boatswain is the son of Sita and Patrick Boatswain.
5. Samuel had a brother named Timothy Boatswain who married Sabina Daly they also had 10-11 children. one of their sons Arthur died in 1927 right before he was to recieve his law degree.(Frances,Emily,Cashie, Esther West, Mattie, Thomas, Hartie,william) those are some of the names i have for their children.

anyonw with information regarding this family line and their extensions please contact me

Re: Boatswain, Riley, Meade, Daly, West families of Montserrat

Posted: 6 Feb 2008 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: MEADE
I have family in Montserrat that I'm also looking for..a Grace Meade born sometime the last 1800's. Thanks.

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Meade
I don't have a Grace Meade but I do have other Meades from Montserrat on my family tree. Do you have any other info that would allow us to make comparisons?

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Meade, Allen, Fergus, Farrell, Roach
My Grace Meade was married to William Henry Allen had Ann, Beddy, Ann, Charlotte(ceal),Sarah, and Sarah Ann. Born around 1870's or later. Also a James Fergus married to Catherine"katie" Farrell had Richard Fergus. No info on her. I also have an Ann Allen Roach who died in Mass,Boston. My great grandmother's sister who married a Roach. That's all I have. Thanks

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: Dorsett, Daly, West, Blake, Dowdy, Matthew
Hi I have Dorsett, Daly, West, Blake, Dowdy, Matthew from Montserrat. Areas such as St Patricks, Kinsale and surrounds. Any link anywhere?

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 9:19PM GMT
Surnames: Dorsett, Roach, Allen
I have Dorsett surname in my family tree from St Patricks in Montserrat. I have found from familysearch.org a Richard Dorsett married to a Mary Roach and a Robert James Dorsett married to a Mary Allen

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Meade, Allen
My Grace Meade died at a early age after she had her kids, and my family said she was from molyneaux part of Montserrat. Meade was her maiden name and after marriage, she was a Allen. She had 8 kids and 1 half: Peter, John, Beddy, "mama locker", Sarah Ann, Annie Cornelius, Charlotte "aunt ceal", Catherine "aunt kitty", and Fred, all Allens and lived in Davy Hill.

Posted: 9 Mar 2008 6:14AM GMT
Surnames: West, Roach, Boatswain, Daly, Daley, Dowdy, Blake, Dorsett
Hi,
My grandfather was George Henry West, born in 1890's, who traveled from Montserrat to Panama Canal Zone to New York. His parents were John West and Mary Roach of St Patrick's Parish.
My grandmother was Esther Boatswain b. 1892 probably near Bethel, Montserrat. Her parents were Timothy Boatswain and Susannah/Sabina Daly (or Daley.)
Unfortunately both Roach and Daly were fairly common Montserratian surnames and, heaven knows, there are Marys everywhere.
My West ancestor had a cousin named Rachel Dowdy b. 1899. She lived with them in New York for years after she left Montserrat.
To date, I haven't come across any Blake or Dorsett family on my tree. You can contact me at dthompson451@comcast.net if you have any specific questions.

Diana

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 12:39PM GMT
Surnames: Daley, Meade, West
Hello, I am doing family research on the Daley's, Meade and West families of Montserrat, Please contact me:
{roselynwatson@hotmail.com}

Posted: 6 Feb 2009 4:11AM GMT
Edited: 12 Apr 2009 7:24AM GMT
Hi there,
Do you know anything about your Mary Allen?
Jennifer
per page

Find a board about a specific topic