Search for content in message boards

Alonzo Misner, Lubec, Washington County

Alonzo Misner, Lubec, Washington County

Dwayne Meisner (View posts)
Posted: 12 Mar 2003 12:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2004 3:00AM GMT
Surnames: Meisner,Misner,Misener
The 1910 Census from Lubec, Washington County shows Alonzo Misner, b 1863. His wife Lizzie E., b 1870. Son Harry, b 1892. Daughter Madge, b 1906. I have an Alonzo Meisner/Misner/Misener in my family, born in Black Point, Halifax County, Nova Scotia, in 1863. Does anyone have any further info on these people? If so, please email me at meisner_ca@yahoo.ca
Thanks, Dwayne Meisner
Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: Alonzo Misner, Lubec, Washington County

Julian M. Ross (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 3:19PM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2004 3:06AM GMT
Surnames: Ross, Newman, Misener
I was raised by Madge (Madeline real name) G. Newman and Leo O. Newman of Lubec, Maine. Madge's grandmother Lissie (I'm told the spelling was Lissie not Lizzie) Misener lived with us when I was a kid and I believe she was 91-92 when she died. I have pix of them both if you would like me to email them.
I remember Lon (Alonzo) very well and thought he was the best person on earth. He worked his entire life at McCurdy's smoke shed on Water Street in Lubec.
My grandmother Madge was Alonzo's daughter and had a daughter Marian that was my mother. Marian moved to Ohio when I was only an infant and Madge raised me practically from birth.
Alonzo died around 53-54 and Lissie died about 8-10 years after that.
Supposedly Alonzo was born in St. Mary's bay Nova Scotia so I was told as a kid. He was a very big man and was very well liked and respected by all.
Hope this has been of some help to you and hope to hear from you soon.
I live in Machias, Maine with my four children.
Regards,
Julian M. Ross

Re: Alonzo Misner, Lubec, Washington County

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 8:57AM GMT
I would like to talk with you, and really like to see any pitures, as I am Alonzo s great grandson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic