Search for content in message boards

Children of Andrew Parks and Nancy Anderson

Children of Andrew Parks and Nancy Anderson

Posted: 1 Jan 2002 9:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Mar 2002 2:25AM GMT
Surnames: Anderson, Parks
I am looking for information on the three sons of Andrew Parks and Nancy Anderson. The sons' names were Freeling, Nelson, and John, all born in the mid-1840's in Smyth County, VA. Nancy was from Flatridge, the daughter of Johnnie and Feraby Cornett Anderson and the brother of Freeling and Nelson Anderson.

Re: Children of Andrew Parks and Nancy Anderson

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 8:08AM GMT
Surnames: Calton, Parks, Anderson
Andrew Parks and Nancy J. Anderson were the parents of "Freeland" ie Freeling C. Parks born about 1842? and Freeland married Sally Hall who was the parents of my grandmother Laura Parks who married 1st to ?? Taylor who some said was the g.grandson on Zachary Taylor. Her second marriage was to Daniel Calton, my grandfather. I am having trouble tracing him. His father was Samuel Calton. They were nomadic and moved a lot. Laura's siblings were Alexander, Leander, Johnny, Celia and Eliza who was b in 1868 and married a Collins. Since Knott Co. is made up of the surrounding counties it is hard to locate which co. they actually lived in. They, the Parks and Caltons originated out of Va. Hope this is a help and any info you have concerning these family ties will be greatly appreciated . Laura and Daniel had Manford Calton b 1911,my dad, Louise (Lula) Calton b 1916, Linville and Viola; who died in childbirth. Looking forward to hearing from you. Soon?

Posted: 6 Jan 2002 8:25PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jan 2002 8:08AM GMT
Surnames: Calton, Parks, Hall, Anderson
Freeland and Nancy had another child named Clara Belle and she married an Everage, Eliza married an Collins, Celia married an Adams.

Posted: 18 Mar 2002 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 3 Jul 2002 12:48AM GMT
Surnames: Parks
Freeland Parks (son of Andrew and Nancy Parks) was my great-grandfather. I do not know anything of the other two brothers. Freeland's son Leander was my grandfather. I don't have a lot of information on Freeland but will be glad to share what I do have if you're still interested. I'm trying to find out as much as I can about this branch of the Parks family. Hope to hear from you soon. Lorinda

Re: Children of Andrew Parks - see our online database

Donna Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2002 3:56PM GMT
See the Family Tree Maker Combined Files of Rodney Johnson and Donna Edwards on Rodney's website http://www.ls.net/~rjohnson/
His mother was Bessie Parks and the we have added several of the Parks line.
We would love to hear from you and see you check out our data base and help us add more info. on your line to our data.

A genealogist forever,
Donna

Sharon Klusman (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2002 4:39PM GMT
Surnames: Parks, Calton
Has been a while since I have done further research on my family but was very excited to come across this query. My
G grandfather was Alexander Parks (son of Freeling Parks)
Freeling served for the confederency during the civil war.
(also spelled as Freeland). Have info on descendents of Alexander. My G grandmother was Rebecca Ann (Calton) Parks. She came from Virginia & have been told 2 of her brothers were Chad & Dan. Would like to receive further info on the Caltons.

Sharon Klusman (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2002 2:32AM GMT
Lorinda,
My great-grandfather was Alexander (brother to Leander) & son of Freeland (Freeling) Parks. I also have been doing family research but had been a while since I've been able to work on it. I have quite a bit of info on descendents through Alexanders line. I would love any information you could share with me on Leander's descendents & any other info you may have - especially on Freeling. I know he fought in the civil war for the confederency. I would dearly love to be able to find a picture of him to get a copy of if possible. If you would like any of the info I have, just let me know. I live in Seymour,In but still make trips to Knott Co,Ky to visit relatives. Alexander's youngest daughter, Cindy is still living & I always try to visit her when I go down. She always has interesting stories to tell me of when she was growing up. Freeling would have been her grandpa. I asked her if she remembered what he looked like but she told me she couldn't remember ever seeing him. Just let me know if I can be of any help with your research. Hope to hear from you soon. Sharon

Posted: 31 Dec 2002 2:21AM GMT
i am the granddaughter of hargis calton chad calton and ada taylor , laura parks daughter. i would like to hear more about the family

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 12:19AM GMT
my great grandfather was johnny lee taylor sister to ada. Laura was his mother so any info on freeland would be welcomed
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions