Search for content in message boards

Dietz, Wyoming

Dietz, Wyoming

Posted: 17 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 12:01AM GMT
Surnames: Ward
I am looking for the location of the town of Dietz, Wyoming that existed in 1895. A few of my ancestors were born in Dietz as the family traveled to Montana.

I would like to get vital records, but I'm not sure which county holds the records.

I have been told this town was in Sheridian county, however, I found a Dietz west of Casper in Natrona county.
Natrona county was already established by 1895 as was Sheridian county, so I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help.

Dietz, Wyoming

Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Thanks to all who responded. I now have my information about Dietz. More than I had expected and fast too.

Again thanks to all who responded.

Keith Smith
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2002 11:36PM GMT
Deitz is in Sheridan county as far as I know. Right now I believe it is mainly just a railroad terminal area now. If you send me your names you are looking for I would be happy to see what I can find.
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WARD, SMITH, MCGILLIVRAY, GRAY
I believe I have had some one search Black Diamonds. No luck.

I have been told that Dietz is near Sheridan, WY.

If most of the mine records have been burned then I don't think there is much hope in finding anything about my g-grandfather at Dietz.

I heard that he was injured and that is why he stopped mining and started farming in Montana.

Keith

Dietz,Wy.

Vickie Skiles (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Keith Smith
In actual fact Dietz was a "company mine town"' much like
Carneyville,Cleanburn(Kleenburn?)Monarch Acme and a myriad
of other little towns, north of Sheridan. Dietz it's self
was one of (based on conversations with my Dad and Grandma)
eight towns simply named Dietz 1 thru8.
Most records were burnt in different fires over the years.
My father was born in Dietz 8, by social security records he was 2 yrs younger than he actually was because the only
record that was accepted to verify his age was a baptism
certificate after they moved to town in 1906.There might be
some info in a book called Black Diamonds??? If you need more help, e-mail me and I will check through the info I have collected over the years.
Posted: 16 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: CAMMOCK, COLEMAN, HOFFMAN, TILLEY
Sheridan County, Wy is where you will find what is left of Dietz. My mom was born there in 1908 and several of her siblings. Her name was Evelyn Virginia Cammock. My wife and myself made a trip to Sheridan and had lunch in Sheridan, a beautiful town and then questioned some locals and had a wonderful visit with them, they advised go back north on I-90 to the Acme turnout and then proceed on a hard pack road and keep right, keep right and along the field below the interstate drive south and that takes one to the old cemetery. Watch out for snakes, we saw those; but it was very rewarding traveling around the entire area.
Monarch is in area with an old German-Lutheran Church, and that cemetery is north across the interstate also. But was a wonderful visit and beautiful day. Try it you will love the area.
Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jul 2001 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: Coleman, Cammock, Hoffman, Tilley
Sheridan Co GenWeb: My mom moved away from the Dietz/Sheridan as a small child, so I know you would not find her in your mom's yearbooks. But thanks for the thought, you will love the area in the hills around the area of where Diets etc was.

Dietz Cemetery

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Oct 2001 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Tilda Salveson
About Sheridan Co. My mother was born in 1910 in Birney MT but graduated from Sheridan High School. Perhaps our mothers knew each other. I have her high school year books and will look through them. I accidently took the Acme exit trying to go to Birney, however, I soon turned around and got back on I90 and found the Decker exit. I'll be out there this summer and will drive down to the cemetery. I'm from IA, but was born in Powell.

Re: Dietz,Wy.

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 4:37PM GMT
Surnames: Petros, Denkert
Hello V. Skiles, thank you for posting the information you have on Dietz, Wy. Would you please look up any info on the "Petros" family. The father (my gg grandfather) was Stanley Petros. He died around 1933 while in a coal camp. He lived in Hardin, MOntana and ranched during the summer and went to the coal mines in the winter. Some of his children were born in Dietz, Martha, one of them. He also had a step daughter Anna Blansky that I found in an expert of a book that she married a forman (from Japan). So I know there must be some information about his death somewhere. The family members who are now deceased, his daughters, say they think he died in either Wyoming where they lived or in Colorado at a coal camp. They remember hearing the name "Bear Creek Coal Camp" but they didn'tknow where that was located. THank you for your time. Marc

Re: Dietz

Posted: 29 Mar 2010 4:43PM GMT
Surnames: Petros
Hello Marla,

I am looking for a "STanley Petros" from Dietz, wyoming. He is my gg grandfather. He moved his family there, I found in the index of the Sheridan county historian book his name and all that. We know for sure that he worked there and then moved to Montana, but would go back to the mines in the winter and work. He died sometime around 1933 in a coal camp in either Wyoming or Colorado. His daughter remembered the name "Bear Creek coal Camp". WE do not know the location where he was buried. He did have some children born while in dietz too.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions