Search for content in message boards

Samuel, Eliza, Belton Fitch in Alabama

Samuel, Eliza, Belton Fitch in Alabama

c mamerow (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 1:13PM GMT
My G Grandfather was Belton. GG Grandfather was Samuel Fitch. I'm not getting any further in the research. Can anyone help? Samuel was supposed to have married an Eliza. She was supposedly from South Carolina. Samuel and Eliza had the following children: Jefferson, Jefferson Lee, Belton Mollie, Mary E., George, and Silas. Thanks!

Samuel, Eliza, and Belton in Alabama

C mamerow (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2000 11:17AM GMT
I forgot to mention that Belton was born in Mobile on November 18, 1855. Samuel was also supposedly born in Mobile around 1821 and married Eliza around or about 1847. Eliza was supposed to have been born around 1825 in South Carolina. Belton married Margaret Parr and had several children. He is burried here in Texas.

Re: Samuel, Eliza, and Belton in Alabama

Posted: 4 Jul 2001 7:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: fitch, belton, samuel, eliza
Samuel Fitch is my great great grandfather, great grandfather, Belton Fitch and grandfather Sam Fitch. My dad Travis Fitch, is the oldest of six children born to Sam Fitch and Lillian Mason. Belton Fitch died in Texas and is buried in the Salem Cemetry just of Hwy. 77 between Hallettsville, Texas and Victoria, Texas. I just recently took pictures of his grave. The dates are listed Nov. 18, 1955 and death being June 26, 1942. On rootsweb.com they have is name being Benton instead of Belton and the dates conflict with those on the census. Buffington Funeral Home in Yoakum, Texas has the records on his burial. Here you will probably find more information on his mother and father. I am doing research on the Fitch's family and would appreciate any information that you might have. Looking forward to hearing from you and good luck in your search. my e-mail is holmes@tyler.net.

Re: Samuel, Eliza, Belton Fitch in Alabama

Posted: 23 Aug 2001 3:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Dec 2002 8:42AM GMT
Surnames: Fitch, Stacy
The Eliza that you seek is Eliza Stacy, daughter of George and Elizabeth Stacy. Eliza was born about 1823-1827 in Spartanburg County, SC. She and Samuel are listed in the will of her mother Elizabeth Stacy in 1852. The will states that Samuel and Eliza are living in Pickens County. The 1850 Census for Pickens Co, AL shows her age as 27 and the 1860 Census for Pickens Co, AL shows her age as 33. The 1860 census includes Silas, age 15, George, age 13, Mary, age 11, and Belton, age 6, in the household.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions