Search for content in message boards

Gallup - Bush (president George W.) connection

Gallup - Bush (president George W.) connection

Posted: 8 Apr 2003 6:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi all! I just found this site.

I also just learned that George W. Bush is decended from Captain John Gallup (as am I). Here is the info if anyone is interested:

John Gallop m. Christobel Bruschett
John Gallup m. Hannah Lake
Elizabeth Gallup m. Henry Stephens
Henry Stephens, Jr. m. Elizabeth Fellows
Lucy Stephens m. Ephraim Smith
Sanford Smith m. Priscilla Whipple
Harriet Smith m. Obadiah Newcomb Bush
James Smith Bush m. Harriet Eleanor Fay
Samuel Prescott Bush m. Flora Sheldon
Prescott Sheldon Bush m. Dorothy Walker
Pres. George Herbert Walker Bush m. Barbara Pierce
Pres. George Walker Bush m. Laura Welch

John Gallop m. Christobel Bruschett
John Gallup m. Hannah Lake
John Gallup III m. Elizabeth Harris & Benadam Gallup & Hester Prentice
John Gallup IV m. Elizabeth Wheeler & Nathaniel Gallup* m. Margaret Gallup
Issac Gallup m. Margaret Gallup & Benjamin Gallup* & Amy Kinne
William Gallup m. Amy Gallup
Nelson Gallup m. Betsey Tanner
John Nelson Gallup m. Happy Kinney Church
George Henry Gallup m. Nettie Quella Davenport
George Horace Gallup m. Ophelia Smith Miller
George Horace Gallup Jr. m. Kingsley Mead Hubby
Alison Gallup (me)

Re: Gallup - Bush (president George W.) connection

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 3:31AM GMT
Alison...did you find it on my website at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~gallupfam/ or somewhere else...I'm always glad to get new links. Also...I happen to think that it is a pretty proud lineage...you have a very distinctive one as well. As you are a descendant of the founder of the Gallup Poll...and let's be honest...that is what many think of when you mention the Gallup surname.

Carmen Johnson

Posted: 9 Apr 2003 5:57AM GMT
Hi Carmen!

Actually I didn't get the info from your website (directly) - - a friend sent me the info but she may have been to your site. Thanks for the link, though, great information there!

Yes, I am descended from the founder of the Gallup Poll. He was my grandfather. My father, George Gallup, is now the Chairman of the Gallup Org. I guess a lot of Gallups out there must get their share of "any relation to the Poll?" comments. :-)

Posted: 19 Mar 2011 12:47AM GMT
Are the Gallops in your family from Newfoundland?

Posted: 27 Jun 2011 10:32PM GMT
hello,
I have also checked into this and found alot of my information with the Gallup Association web sight. My grandfather was John Edger Gallup, George's older brother, the one rhat moved to Seattle, WA with their father. I have spent a lot of time with my cousins in Hawaii, but would be most interested in writing and learning more about the history of our family. My father was John Roger, do you remember him?

thank you,
Stacey

Posted: 11 Jul 2011 7:24PM GMT
Hi Alison. Can you provide the birth and death dates of Nelson and John Nelson Gallop? I had a cousin Nelson Gallop called Johnny born in 1902 in Newfoundland. Thank you

Posted: 6 Jul 2012 10:19PM GMT
As I. dear cousin have you reasearched your history? We are decendence of Capt. John B. Gallup brought here on the ship William and Mary in 1630.We are a family of many. Did you know that a Baldwin is a family member? We are rich in history. One of our family members is GENERAL. Mead the victor at Gettsburg. My Mothers family are direct decenaence of Gen. JEB Steart of the Conferate Army.Contact me cousin
Sincerly
K. lANCASTER

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 7:38PM GMT
The first John Gallop/gallup came to america on the ship "John and Mary" not William and mary. they were part of the winthrop fleet. his wife and family came on a different ship at a later date.

Posted: 2 Dec 2013 9:21PM GMT
Very true the family came later from my research, Gov Winthrop wanted John to stay in America and the only way to keep him was to get the family here.

Thanks

CM Mitchell
Descendant-GGM Hannah Lake/GGF Capt. John Gallup, who was apparently killed in 1675 in a Swamp war with the Narraganset indians, in whom I'm related to a Narraganset indian Chief as well.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic