Search for content in message boards

Greenlee's in Arkansas

Greenlee's in Arkansas

Posted: 27 Jun 2001 1:26AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Greenlee
Am looking for family of Arvie Greenlee. Her name could have been Lilly Arvie Greenlee. Everyone called her Lilly. She married Homer Jackson Ford in Arkansas somewhere. No nothing of her family . She would have been born around 1892.

Re: Greenlee's in Arkansas

Lance Greenlee (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2001 6:03PM GMT
nothing for certain but read the following:

Jackson Francis Greenlee s/o Francis Marion and Alpha Greenlee, born 27 Jan 1864, married Mary L. Yacom b 14 April 1865, died after 1908.
80 Ruth Greenlee, born 2 September 1898.

"He was a druggist, Democrat, and a Methodist; They now [1908] reside at Rogers, Arkansas JACKSON FRANCIS GREENLEE lived on the farm until he was nineteen years of age. He received his education in the public school of Belle Plaine. in 1865 he secured employment in a drug store in Belle Plaine; and in 1887 went to Audubon, Iowa. He returned to Belle Plain in 1888and remained there until 1890, when he went to Texas and started a drug business. MARY L. YACOM was born April 14, 1865 at Pennville, Morgan Co., Ohio. They were married June 14, 1891 at Luzerne , Benton Co., Iowa, He was elected Mayor of Iowa Park, Texas, April 5, 1896 and was re-elected in 1898. In November 1898 he moved to Rogers, Arkansas. He is a member of the Odd Fellows and Masonic lodges." Mary Yacom's parents were Daniel S. Yacom and Emily Hambleton (Greenlee).

copied from www.angelfire.com/mi2/theteach/family.html chapter 21

Re: Greenlee's in Arkansas

Posted: 5 Oct 2002 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2002 11:35PM GMT
Surnames: Greenlee,Whitworth
Do any of these Greenlee's have a sister named Florence Alice Greenlee who married William Lancy Whitworth In Van Buren Co? Arkansas both are buried at Culpepper Mt. Clinton Ark.Florence's mothers name is Allison fathers name I can not read from my notes write years ago from my great grandmother. Anything would be of help, Thank you....
Michelle
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions