Posted: 12 May 2008 11:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Feb 2010 3:05PM GMT
Surnames: Hadden, Thigpen, Blakey, Shelton, Coplin
I would like to know more about the family history of my paternal grandparents:

Asa Hadden(1922-1999),
husband of Thelma Blakey(1919-1999);
father of Nick, Elizabeth, John(my dad), & Linda;
son of (I think) Fleming J Hadden(1885-1965) & Callie Shelton(1895-1980).

Fleming J Hadden is the
son of Joshua Hadden(possibly 1840-?)
& Elizabeth Frances Thigpen(1848-?).

Elizabeth's parents were Seaborn Thigpen(1824-1860) & Lucinda Coplin(1819-?). Beyond that, I don't have much info.

Joshua Hadden is a mystery so far. His father &/or grandfather may have been John Hadden(s).

Relevant areas in Georgia may be Hartwell, Hart, Wrens, Washington Co., & Jefferson. I'm not too sure about the places. Some of the family (Thelma & Asa) moved to La Porte Co., Indiana in the 50's.

Check the boards for the other surnames I've listed here if any of this is familiar to you. I'll post additional queries with some more specific info in the appropriate boards.

I have photos of relatives I don't know & some big branches are missing in my family tree, so please help if you can!

Re: Hadden family in Georgia

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Hadden, Williams
Hi brooke8trout-

I am finding Joshua Hadden to be a mystery as well, and I too believe John Hadden may be his father but unsure. According to my father, our Joshua Hadden was married to Amanda Thompson??

Joshua is supposedly my great, great grandfather. His son was George Timothy Hadden married to Margaret (Maggie) Hadden, they had a daughter Alma Hadden. One of Alma's sons was my father, Bobby R Williams.

If I solve the Joshua mystery I will let you know.

Thanks
Brad Williams

Posted: 2 Mar 2009 7:54PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2010 3:06PM GMT
Surnames: HADDEN, THOMPSON
I think there are two Joshua Haddens of about the same age in the same area. This is really confusing & I probably have some errors in my research. Amanda Thompson did marry a Hadden, but it is unclear to me if it was one of the Joshuas or another Hadden all together.

Re: Coplin family in Georgia

Posted: 1 Feb 2010 2:59AM GMT
Surnames: Coplin
I'd like to discuss with you the possibility that Lucinda Coplin's mother was named Elizabeth. I have been working on my Coplin family tree, and I am pretty convinced that Lucinda is the oldest daughter of Elizabeth Coplin. I live in Georgia.
Thanks,
Debbie Crews

Hadden family in Georgia

Posted: 14 Mar 2010 10:09PM GMT
Surnames: Hadden
My great, great grandfather was Charles or Charlie Hadden from Cuthbert, GA married to Fannie but not sure about Fannie's surname. I was told from my mother that Charles/Charlie Hadden departed Cuthbert, GA in the late 1800s and moved to Louisiana. I cannot locate information from either destination leading me to wondering if he was originally from Georgia or just passing through.
Attachments:

Re: Hadden family in Georgia,USA 19C

Posted: 20 Jan 2012 9:04AM GMT
This is out of the blue but my grandmother was a Hadden from Werns, Georgia. I've just started looking up information about our family tree and came across this thread. Allean Hadden is my grandmother. She had a brother named Learod Hadden of Dearing, Ga born in 1927. Have you come across any of these names in your research?

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 7:42AM GMT
Surnames: Hadden
Re: Looking For My Great Great Grandfather's
Posted by: L. E. Hadden (ID *****9183) Date: August 11, 2012 at 22:48:40

In Reply to: Looking For My Great Great Grandfather's by Roslyn Cross of 1220

Hi, in 2001 you were looking for your gggrandfather's parents. Have you found any info? I'm looking for the same family genealogy info.

My husband's grandfather was James L. Hadden (Irene Gilliam-Hadden, wife).

Let me know what you're found. I'm putting together info on my husband's family tree for our children.

I have more info on Irene Gilliam Hadden (family going back to her father & mother) than James L. Hadden's family.

Re: Hadden family in Georgia,USA 19C

Posted: 4 Aug 2013 11:54PM GMT
Surnames: Hadden/Morris
The 1900 census shows a John Hadden and wife Vicy (Morris)living in Randolph County, Georgia (Cuthbert is the county seat)Vicy's brother, James Morris is shown as a member of the household. James is my 3rd great-grandfather.Any information on the descendents would be greatly appreciated.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions