Search for content in message boards

Abraham Schuler/Schulers in PA

Abraham Schuler/Schulers in PA

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 21 Oct 2001 5:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm a descendant of Abraham Schuler. I can't find any information on where he settled. Three brothers settled in Orangeburg, SC from Germany, but I don't know where Abraham went. The "c" in Schuler was dropped in SC, but I was told it wasn't dropped in PA. Does anyone have any info on Abraham? He was a descendant of Hans Schuler.

Re: Abraham Schuler/Schulers in PA

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 10:43PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2004 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Orth/Ortt
I am seeking information on the children of Abraham Schuler/Shuler of Lehigh or Northampton Co., PA. Could this be the same one you are looking for? I am trying to connect the Schuler line to the Orth/Ortt line. Henry Orth and wife Catharina had a son who was sponsored by Anna Margaretha Schuler of Lehigh Co.
Thanks

Posted: 23 Sep 2002 10:44PM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2004 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: Orth/Ortt
I am seeking information on the children of Abraham Schuler/Shuler of Lehigh or Northampton Co., PA. Could this be the same one you are looking for? I am trying to connect the Schuler line to the Orth/Ortt line. Henry Orth and wife Catharina had a son who was sponsored by Anna Margaretha Schuler of Lehigh Co.
Thanks

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 2002 11:50PM GMT
I found I that I am not a descendant of Abraham Schuler, I am a descendant of his brother Hans Joerg (name changed to George after arriving to America.) After researching, seems like it is unknown what happened to Abraham, but I did see a website with his name and his wife's name and it was an Orangeburg, SC website. His brothers and 2 sisters are also on there - I know for sure the 3 brothers settled in Orangeburg, but not positive about Abraham. The "c" was dropped from the name to Shuler after arriving to Orangeburg. I have a list of descendants of Abraham's brothers, but not Abraham. I was just curious to know if he is the one who settled in PA - and kept the Schuler name without removing the "c."

Posted: 25 Sep 2002 11:00AM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2004 5:25PM GMT
Hi Sandra,
You mentioned that Abraham had brothers what were their names? My ancestor is Anthony Shuler/Schuler. I can't seem to locate his parents or his siblings. I have found his imigration being 18 June 1838 arrival in New York City, aboard the ship "Xylon" he boarded from Le Harve, France. Then I find nothing. The American censuses of 1880 says Wurttemberg, Germany it has Frankfurt marked out. I am trying my contacts in Germany to see if they can find anything but so far nothing. He married Elizabeth Ann Sauter/Souder from Dobel Wurttemberg, Germany and I have several generations of information on her back to the early 1700's. Do you know where in Germany your ancestor came from?
Ellen

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 8:32PM GMT
Abraham Shuler, who was born in Rowan County, NC, moved to Giles County, TN and then to Winston County, MS. He is my great-great grandfather. LaNelle Renfroe Johnson, San Diego County, CA

Posted: 10 Mar 2003 5:46PM GMT
I 'm a descendant of an Abraham Schuler from Northhamptom - Lehigh Co., PA.. His daughter, Mary Magdalin married Johannes Ortt. Johannes was b. 1749 and d. 1797. Unfortunately, I don't have any dates for Mary Magdalin or her parents. Could this be your Abraham?

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 26 Aug 2003 3:45AM GMT
I have Mary Magdalin married to Christian Ortt, s/o Johannes and Maria Rosina Fisher Ortt and Mary Magdalin's father as John Schuler. I was given this information by another Ortt reseacher so I'm not sure of the source. My line is through Johannes' brother, Johan Henrich Orth/Ort who married an Anna Catherina LNU. Their 1st son was John who was born in Lehigh Co. around 1768. He was sponsored by Anna Margaret Schuler. I'm not sure if this is her maiden or married name. Johan Henrich and Anna Catherina's 2nd son was named Abraham. In keeping with the naming tradition, this should be Anna Catherina's father's name. So on a hunch I'm looking for an Abraham Schuler as possibly the father of my Anna Catherina. Do you have any information on Abraham's other children? or the name of his wife?
Thanks for responding to my query.

Sandra (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2003 3:07AM GMT
According to the website below, Abraham Schuler was born in 1688. He married Madlena Krattiger on Jan. 17, 1721. It seems like no one knows what became of him. His three brothers settled in Orangeburg County, SC. Another website I saw where I believe Abraham did settle in Orangeburg also. I saw his name and his wife's name on a list of several names who settled there. The Schulers who immigrated to SC dropped the "c" in Schuler, which is my maiden name, Shuler. It would be interesting to find out what happened to Abraham and the two sisters.

http://www.concentric.net/~Ssbray/shuler.htm

Posted: 11 Mar 2003 2:57PM GMT
I'm sorry. I also have Mary Magdalin married to Christian Ortt. My eyes must have skipped while I was typing. An Ortt researcher told me that Abraham Schuler was her father with an Elizabeth her mother. I did find a note of her baptisim in the records of Upper Milford Reformed Congregation Church which listed Abraham as her father. I don't know if this is the same Mary Magdalin who married Christian. I'm assuming because the dates are very similar. I was also told that Abraham's father was Adam. So far, I haven't found anything about him. However, I did find a record of a John Adam Schuler marrying an Anna Elisabeth King at Chesnut Hill 28OCT 1733. I need to go back to the Ortt researcher to see if he has any new information (He is on vacation at the moment). This is all I know about Abraham Schuler. When I searched the records of the church he came up as a sponsor several times, but only once as a father. I'm thinking that other children could have been born elsewhere, and then he moved or changed churches etc. I 'm sorry I don't have more information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic