Search for content in message boards

MA Cemeteries

MA Cemeteries

Victoria (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2005 3:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
HI, I am attempting as soon as the weather is a little cooler here to go to a few cemeteries and take digital photos of my ancestors gravesites.... I may be able to do a few for others here depending on the locale and the info you can provide (as to where the site is in the cem.,lot # , names, etc ....)
If I get bombarded however I may not be able to fulfill the requests ....

I am at the moment working on heading to the cemeteries below:

Evergreen Cemetery Kingston,MA (Plymouth county)
Mt. Auburn , Watertown,MA (Middlesex county)
Melrose Cemetery, Brockton,MA (Plymouth county)
Brookdale Cemetery ,Dedham,MA (Norfolk county)
Highland Cemetery, Norwood,MA (Norfolk county)
St James, Whitman,MA (Plymouth county)
St Mary's, Dedham,MA (Norfolk county)
Walnut Hill (s) Brookline,MA (Norfolk county)

I am attempting to locate other gravesites for my family members in Braintree,Quincy,Salem,Marshfield ..... but I have not as of yet located which cemeteries I will be visiting in those areas ......

I may be able to try some other places too ~ again if I am not too bombarded with requests .... I am close enough to Bridgewater, Easton, Brockton, Sharon, Canton, Stoughton, to make a quick stop here and there during my travels (*chuckle*) I had noticed there were some requests on here for some of those areas so if there's enough info and I am able to help I will try .......

Happy Hunting ......

Re: MA Cemeteries

Victoria (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2005 1:46AM GMT
Surnames: NORTH,STOKES,TIERNEY,KILEY,CALLEY,WESTWICK,PARSLOW,
Well, as today turned out I ended up visiting several of the cemeteries I listed and I took some digital photos~ whoo hoo! I am uploading them to my computer as I type this ..... I was able to locate a few family gravesites for my family tree ... last night I had located all the addresses for the cemeteries then I used Triple A trip tix to map them out... it was Great! (except the weather was uncomfortable today here in MA lol )

here's where I headed:
Brookdale Cemetery ,Dedham,MA (Norfolk county)
Highland Cemetery, Norwood,MA (Norfolk county)
St Mary's, Dedham,MA (Norfolk county)

I stumbled across other cemeteries in my path too I wish I knew which ones as I would have tried to go there and granted a few requests from on here if I could have!! :(

i did swing into a Stoughton/Sharon cem. on my way home but I didnt recall any of the names (except I think DONAHUE was one request however I didnt see any stones with that name there or I would have photoed them)

I did take a few "extra" photos of some older looking stones that caught my eye I will post the surnames (and which cemetery they were located at) on here later when I get the photos uploaded and organized ..... maybe it will help someone ....

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2005 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Grimes, Whittle
If you ever make it as far as Fall River, please let me know. I have several family members buried there including grandparents and my mother's siblings who died young.

Thanks.

Victoria (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2005 2:31AM GMT
Email me privately with what you are looking for and where and whatever other info you can provide so I can locate the gravesite((s)) I will print the list off and put into my camera case so when I do head down that way (which I do occasionally) I will try to capture a few images (or all if I am able to do so) ......

Posted: 6 Nov 2006 9:13PM GMT
Surnames: NORTH,CALLEY,TIERNEY
JOAN!!! contact me...i have a new email address miss chatting with you...glad we were able to get your Grimes,Whittle sites in Fall River photographed :)

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 6:14PM GMT
Tori? Is that you? You can email me at joan.brown@boeing.com. I don't open my home (AOL) email very often...

V North (View posts)
Posted: 8 Nov 2006 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: CALLEY,Tierney,North
yes hi!!!.. i will email you tonight *hug*

Posted: 11 Mar 2007 1:19AM GMT
Victoria - Read your posts and saw you mentioned St. Mary's Cemetery in Dedham. I believe this is the cemetery where my ancestors are buried. It is a family plot (well sort of) with a number of people buried under the headstone erected by Elizabeth Wedding. There should be a headstone, with a military headstone also for Joseph (& Mary) LaFrancois, a headstone for Daniel Donahue and a couple of others.

As best the information that I have, if you enter through the gate closest to Washington, they are located just around the curve. There are about 4 headstones related to my Readville ancestors in that area.

Donahoe, Wedding, Butler
Donahue, Cook
Lawler
LaFrancois

I am particularly interested in the Miliary Headstone for Joseph LaFrancois. It should provide the information of his unit and establish a time-period when he served.

If you can help, please let me know off-list at: research@hannigangenealogy.us.

Thank you.

John C. Hannigan
Jacksonville, Florida

Posted: 13 Apr 2007 10:35PM GMT
Hi

I know this is 2 years too late lol but can anyone help me out with an email address or website for Brookline cemetery please? I have been searching online for weeks!

Thanks !

Em

Posted: 29 Apr 2007 9:14AM GMT
Could you specify:
Do you mean Brookline Cemetery as in the city of Brookline, MA; or did you mean to say Brookdale Cemetery???

If you could be specific about what town you are talking about I might be able to find it in local listings...
I don't think there is a "Brookline Cemetery" in Brookline; but Walnut Hills Cemetery is found at the following:
http://www.townofbrooklinemass.com/dpw/cemetery.htm

If you are looking for the city of Brookline, then I would try these folks.
Good luck,
Lisa
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions