Search for content in message boards

Max (Maximillian) Schneider from Germany

Max (Maximillian) Schneider from Germany

Posted: 6 May 2008 5:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Schneider
I am looking for info on Max Schneider from Germany. Information from my grandmother says that he may have owned/founded? Gersfeld Germany. He was wealthy from textile mills and had cotton storage in Houston and N.Y. His children were: Otto, Max, Eugene, and Hildegard (my g.g. grandmother). Anything else would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Max (Maximillian) Schneider from Germany

Posted: 4 Feb 2011 4:14AM GMT
Do you have any other information? I have a Maximillian Schneider in my family, born 1799 in Herbstein, Germany. He emigrated to the United States, possibly through NY. He was known to live in Ohio and Indiana as well. His wife's name was Catherine Pistner. Let me know if this sounds familiar.

Re: Max (Maximillian) Schneider from Germany

Posted: 7 Oct 2013 1:21AM GMT
Hello, I am Carla Davidson from Greensburg IN and I just found out today that he is my Great Great Great Grandpa. We have just toured the house that he built in Millhousen IN. I have been by that house many times and had no clue. This was the neatest day of visiting with new found relatives. My Mothers (Mary Kolter Effing) Mother was Leona Schneider and married William Kolter. Now I have found a fascination with my Mothers family tree and enjoy learning my families past. My Moms cousin has done a remarkable job of doing a family search and today we got to enjoy his passion. What a blessed day we had.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions