Search for content in message boards

Lowe's Skating Rink B'ham AL

Lowe's Skating Rink B'ham AL

Denise Kivette (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 8:39PM GMT
Des anyone have information or pictures of the old Lowe's Skating Rink on 3rd Avenue West in Birmingham AL? I am particularly interested in pictures of the "Gliders Club" members. My mother and father met at the skating rink and my father was a member of the Gliders club probably in the late 40"s.
My dad is Ross "Shag" Dorroh. I would like to put together a scrap book for my Dad for his birthday IT"S A SURPRISE SO IF YOU HAPPEN TO KNOW HIM-DON'T TELL HIM!

Re: Lowe's Skating Rink B'ham AL

Posted: 9 Jul 2001 12:27AM GMT
I was in the Gliders Club in the early to middle 50's.
Your dad's name sounds real familiar but I can't place the face.
What was your mom's maiden name? I may know her.
The skating rink has been closed for years. I did hear at one time before they tore it down that there were still old pictures on the wall from way back of he Gliders Club. I have no idea what was done with them afterward. I would love to see some of the pictures myself. If I can find out anything, I will surely let you know but I don't know how to go about it, but I'll check into it and ask around. My email is tomcarole@mindspring.com if you want to reply.
Carole

Re: Lowe's Skating Rink B'ham AL

Posted: 26 Sep 2009 8:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have a picture of the Gliders Club from the early 40's
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions