Search for content in message boards

Peter Freeman in Mo, from Illinois, from North Carolina?

Peter Freeman in Mo, from Illinois, from North Carolina?

Posted: 23 Feb 2002 2:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Mar 2002 2:04PM GMT
Looking for information regarding Peter Freeman who moved to Missouri probably about 1855 or so, from a short stay in Illinois. I think he was originally from North Carolina, born in about 1790-1800.

Re: Peter Freeman in Mo, from Illinois, from North Carolina?

Posted: 6 Aug 2004 4:48AM GMT
Surnames: Freeman/Chumley
I am looking for information on Peter Freeman who had a daughter and her name was Mary Elizabeth Freeman and married Lewis Franklin Chumley in 1829..any family out there with information?

Janice Foster
fosterfoster@arkansas.net

Posted: 1 Jul 2005 1:49AM GMT
Jean, are you still working on Peter Freeman in Missouri? I believe he was my great grandmother's grandfather. They lived in Ripley County, Missouri. Any connection?

Jean Feaster (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2006 11:44PM GMT
I think that this Peter would have been born in about 1820. This is all I have on him....

The Combined History of Shelby and Moultrie Counties, Illinois
Chapter VII - PIONEERS AND EARLY SETTLERS. (1881)
Page 45

Early in 1830, Joel and Peter Freeman came with their families. They were brothers, and located in the eastern part of the county, on what is now known as Coons Creek. They were natives of North Carolina. Joel Freeman brought with him quite a family. His son, Calvin, married a daughter of Mr. Selby, an old settler of Moultrie county, and is now a resident of Lovington township; another son, Benjamin, wedded Polly Ann Bonham; the daughter, Catherine, is the wife of Thomas Dunn. Thomas, William and Joel, Jr., his sons, are all deceased, but some of their descendants are yet living in the county. Joel Freeman, Sr., died several years ago. Peter only remained here about two years and removed to Missouri.

Posted: 19 Mar 2009 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: Freeman Laster Lassiter ?
I am interested in the young children with the surname of Laster living with Peter Freeman (born about 1805 in North Carolina) in Ripley County Missouri in the 1850 census.

Does anyone know who these children are?

There names appear to be Thomas (born about 1836 in MO), Jane (born about 1838 in Tennessee TN), Sarah (born about 1838 in TN, possibly a twin of Jane), and James (born about 1845 in Arkansas AR).

Are these children related to Peter Freeman?

Best Wishes,
Jay T Stokes

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 11:52PM GMT
Since this was Peter's second marriage I assumed this was also Louisa or Luiza's second marriage as well. I guessed that these children were Louisa's from her first marriage, since all the kids were about the same age. I haven't really been able to track them any further.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions