Search for content in message boards

Gillingham Family

Gillingham Family

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 2:02AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gillingham, Tallon
I'm trying to find more information on the Gillingham family in Allegheny. My great-grandmother's sister Margaret (her maiden name was Tallon) was married to William Gillingham and they had two sons, Patrick and Billy. Margaret died sometime in the mid to late '40s (I think) and after her death the boys were put up for adoption by their father. No one in my family knows anything about what happened to them after they were put up for adoption and if anyone has any information, it would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Re: Gillingham Family

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 3:36PM GMT
Do you have approximate dates--for any of the folks listed? How old was Margaret when she died? How old were the boys when she died? Elaine

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 7:26PM GMT
My mom talked to her aunt, who told her that Margaret died in either 1949 or 1950. Billy was born in January of 43. Patrick was also possibly born in January and would have been a little less than a year old when Margaret died.

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 7:37PM GMT
THE PITTSBURGH PRESS -3 JANUARY 1950
(go to Google News Archives)
....women robbed....at the home of William Gillingham, 225 Wernet Street....visitation for Margaret Gillingham, his wife, who had committed suicide... swallowed oil of wintergreen, died at Montefiore Hospital. (no mention of children) Elaine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions