Search for content in message boards

Hegdahl

Posted: 25 Apr 2004 8:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hegdahl, Peterson, Togstad
I am looking for any information on a Christ or Christian Hegdahl who imigrated in 1883 and settled in Hennipen county Minneapolis Minnesota. His first wife was a Togstad and second wife Bertina Peterson they all came from NOrway but I have no idea where. If any one can help me I would really appreciate it. thanks gladys

Re: Hegdahl - additional information

PR (View posts)
Posted: 27 Apr 2004 1:11PM GMT
Your posting needs some critical identification information -
The 1900 US census lists that Christ Hegdahl was born Sept 1865 Norway and immigrated in 1885. He and Bertina (born Dec 1865 Norway, immigrated 1888) have been married for 7 yrs and the family includes one step-daughter named Bessie (born May 1891 MN). The oldest son is named George (born Sept 1899 MN).

Gladys Haynes (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2004 9:07PM GMT
Christ given name is Christopher Hegdahl His death certificate says that he was born Sept.8 1885 and his father was Olaf Hegdahl, mother Johanna Knutson. What information I have he came here in April 2883 but census say he came in 1800. He had a son John Hegdahl bornFeb 12, 1885 and the mother was Mattie Togstad he was born in Minnesota, Christ had . I think him and Bertina had Bertha, George. Mattie , Olga and I thought there was one more besides Bessie Berg step daughter, This is all I know about them. Gladys

Gladys Haynes (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2004 9:09PM GMT
Christ given name is Christopher Hegdahl His death certificate says that he was born Sept.8 1885 and his father was Olaf Hegdahl, mother Johanna Knutson. What information I have he came here in April 28 1883 census say he came in 1800. He had a son John Hegdahl bornFeb 12, 1885 and the mother was Mattie Togstad he was born in Minnesota, Christ had . I think him and Bertina had Bertha, George. Mattie , Olga and I thought there was one more besides Bessie Berg step daughter, This is all I know about them. Gladys

PR (View posts)
Posted: 29 Apr 2004 10:33PM GMT
His official death certificate lists a 20 year difference in his birth year? That's amazing. Keep in mind that the person most knowledgeable would not have been giving the information for a death certificate - 'Christ' would be dead and would be the subject someone else was giving information about - and the person giving the info would possibly have been quite upset. We can be sure he couldn't have had the same birth year as any son of his ....
When first I searched for Christ or Christian Hegdahl - I followed the information you had given (allowing for the Norwegian spelling preferences for these names starting with K instead of C, etc) - and ignored the few Christopher/Kristopher/Kristoffer given names which I remember did pop up.
Which census said he emigrated in 1800?
Maybe reading this will help you understand why I was trying to add more identifying information for your original query -
http://www.rootsweb.com/~wgnorway/good-queries.htm

Good luck

Posted: 20 Jun 2011 9:50AM GMT
Hi Gladys...
My grandma is his daughter Olga. and my dad is Robert Swanson. I want to know more too.

Pam

Posted: 12 Jan 2013 7:25PM GMT
Pam, send me a response so I know you're stil out there. I can help with the Hegdahl family.
Dave
per page

Find a board about a specific topic