Search for content in message boards

wake county

wake county

Posted: 8 Nov 2001 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2002 2:34AM GMT
Hello Jack

I am also researching for the Wood family.
Try Wake Co., N.C. Seems as tho many of the Wood Clan migrated from there and settled in Tenn. My GGGgrandfather helped set the boundries for Anderson Co. Tenn.
They migrated from there to Marion Co. Ark. My Greatgrandfather and Grandfather were both born in Ark.

Shelby Wood

Re: wake county and Wood family

Posted: 20 Sep 2002 4:17AM GMT
Surnames: Wood
Hi! Shelby:

My gggrandfather was Michael Wood...b.1839 in Marion Cty and d. in Kansas in 1927...I'm working on Wood family...any interest?

Joel

Use DrJoelVerner@att.net ...if you wish to respond...

SHELBY WOOD (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2002 3:32AM GMT
Surnames: WOOD
Hi Joel--- You must be at the computer at this time. I try to get on by at least 8.00 P.M. daily. I am researching the Wood Family and Mysty-shakerag@mtnhome.com has done a lot of research. She lives in Yellville, Ark.

Posted: 17 Jul 2005 3:02PM GMT
Hi folks, Obediah Wood of Wake County, NC was my 5th great grandfather, I have been to Yellville, Marion County and took a picture of his grave. His son Benjamin Wood is my line. I could use some help if you have the time and are willing. Benjamin Wood married Milley Jackson, daughter of Low/Lowe Jackson of Wake County, They maoved to Madison County, Illinois and were there in the 1820, 1830 and 1840 census, in 1850 Benjamin & Milley show up in Searcy County, AR. Your help would be appreciated. Thanks Michael

Posted: 10 May 2011 1:47PM GMT
Surnames: Jackson
Michael,
I believe there are two Loe/Lowe Jacksons, not necessarily from the same family.. One stayed in Granville/Wake Co area and another went to Illinois. What proof do you have that Loe of Wake Co had a daughter named Milley?
I am a descendant of Loe Jackson of Wake/Granville Co. He never moved from that county. His will was probated there.
Look forward to correpsonding.
Phyllis

Posted: 11 May 2011 12:50AM GMT
I have a copy of pension filed by Milley Jackson Wood filed on her husbands service during the War of 1812. her husband was Benjamin Wood, her father Low Jackson moved to Illinois. Have not researched this line in some time need to review. michael

Posted: 30 May 2011 5:03AM GMT
Michael,
Have you done any DNA on your Low Jackson line that went to Illinois? If you have, then we can compare to see if they are part of the same family as my Loe/Low Jackson that stayed in NC.
Phyllis

Posted: 30 May 2011 2:01PM GMT
Had my DNA tested but I do not know any Jackson's that are related yet. Michael

Posted: 30 May 2011 11:50PM GMT
Michael,
Which company did you use for DNA tesing?
Phyllis

Posted: 31 May 2011 2:46AM GMT
Family Tree and Ancestry both. I did Ancestry first but found out I should have done Family Tree because of their data base. Michael
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions