Search for content in message boards

Jones Edna Canfield Obit lookup

Jones Edna Canfield Obit lookup

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 9:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jones, Canfield
I am looking for a volunteer who will do a obit look-up for me on Edna Canfield Jones B: 24 August 1889 D: 4 Nov 1964 in St. George, Washington Co., UT>

Thank you very much
Marcena
FL

Re: Jones Edna Canfield Obit lookup

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 7:57PM GMT
If you e-mail Cody Schmitt who is the St. George Cemetery Sexton he will repyl if she is buried there.

cody.schmitt@sgcity.org

Also to help in your research for this area this is a website that you can go to to check the cemeteries in Washington Co. and a lot of other history "stuff".

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~utwashin/

lenny@infowest.com
i am the Virgin Town Cemetery Sexton just up the Virgin River from St. George, UT.
Lenny Wilcox Brinkerhoff

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 8:06PM GMT
http://hunthistories.com/docs/Christmas2010Canfield.pdf

After I e-mailed you some information I found this online. I think it my be what you are looking for.
Lenny Wilcox Brinkerhoff
lenny@infowest.com

Posted: 24 Jun 2012 8:22PM GMT
Look in the Enterprise Cemetery.
Are you LDS? If so go into newfamilysearch.org the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints genealogical website.
Are you doing research for yourself or others?
I am a local historian and I can help you out. I am the East Company Daughters of Utah Pioneers historian for Washington Co. Utah.
I am a Ms. not a Mr.
Lenny

Posted: 25 Jun 2012 11:15PM GMT
Surnames: Canfield, Hatch
Lenny

All my family on my grandmother's side were and still are Mormons. My grandmother married a Catholic and when they divorced my mother went to live in a Catholic school in Salt Lake city which is no longer there.

I sent in my DNA to SMGF and my DNA was a match for Edna Canfield Jones. I was hoping she might have been connected to my grandfather John Canfield born in NY about 1841. He was Mormon and so was his wife Alice Hatch. This is where my brick wall is. Everything I have, I have proven and sent into familysearch. Just can't find anything past them.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Marcena

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 2:38AM GMT
Two articles related to a Edna Canfield Jones.

The first article lists a William Jones, husband to Edna Canfield Jones.
The second one is the obituary you requested, her husband was Henry Jones.

Edna C. Jones obituary
Salt Lake Tribune
Salt Lake City, Utah
Friday, November 06, 1964 - Page 27
Edna Canfield Jones, 76, died Wednesday in a local hospital after a long illness. Born August 24, 1889, Mountain Meadows, Washington County, Utah to Moroni and Sarah Westlover. Canfield married Henry Jones, September 24, 1912, St. George Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, active member of LDS church.
Survivors, Husband, St. George; sons, daughters, Mrs. Thorley (Amanda) Fawcett, St. George; Mrs. Guy (Bessie) Pierce and Mrs. George (Viola) Taylor, both Provo, John Jones, Bountiful; Leslie Jones, Medford, Ore.; Mrs. Gerald (Fern) Goddard, Mesa, Az.; Francis Jones, Houston, Tx.; Kenneth and William D. Jones, both Glendale, Calif.; Mrs. D. (Ruth) Lang, No. Las Vegas, Nv.; and Mrs. Clayton (oreene) Mitchell, Salt Lake City.
Funeral Sat. 1pm, St George Second-Eights wards, LDS chapel. Graveside services 3pm, Enterprise, Washington County Cemetery. Canon Funeral Home

Provo Daily Herald
Provo, Utah
Monday, July 12, 1976 - Page 3

Open House Scheduled For Once American Fork Man William H. Jones

ST. GEORGE - The family William H. Jones, former resident of American Fork
will honor their father in an open house Saturday to celebrate his 90th birthday. Friends and relatives are invited to the St. George Second-Eighth LDS Ward chapel, 118 S. Main St., between 7 and 9 p.m. A program will be held at 8 p.m., a family spokesman said. The family requests no gifts.
Mr. Jones, or "Will," as his friends call him, was born July 19, 1886 in Enoch, Utah, the second child and first son of John J. and Louisa Carolina Dover Jones.

He worked as a carpenter and built many homes in the Cedar City area. He moved to American Fork in 1929 where he and his family lived for 25
years. He lived in Mesquite, Nev., before moving to St. George on retirement.
He still enjoys working in the garden and spends many hours working in the LDS temple.

On June 12, 1907 Mr. Jones married Amanda Hunt in the St. George LDS Temple. They had two sons before her death in 1910. On Sept. 24, 1912, he
married EDNA CANFIELD in the same temple. They had 10 children.
Mr. and Mrs. Jones celebrated their 50th wedding
anniversary in 1962, prior to Mrs. Jones death.

He is the Father of 10 living children, Mrs. Amanda Faucett, St. George; Mrs. By (Bessie Pierce) Allen and Mrs. George (Viola) Taylor, both of Provo; Leslie "Bill" Jones, Klammath Falls, Ore.; William "Dee" Jones, Lacentra, Calif.; Francis C. Jones, Buckeye, Ariz.; Mrs. Gerald (Fern) Godard, Thousand Oaks, Calif.; and 0. John Jones, Bountiful. Two sons, Alvin and Duard are deceased.
Mr. Jones has 41 grandchildren, 34 greatgrandchildren and three
sisters, Mrs. Evan (Vivian) Williams, American Fork;
Mrs. Heber (Hattie) Prisbey, Cedar City; and Mrs. Lilfie M. Tail, Central.

By the way, the Catholic girls school you spoke of in Salt Lake City, was St. Marys.

William's first wife, Louisa Carolina Dover

Posted: 13 Dec 2012 2:25PM GMT
Surnames: Canfield, Hatch, Jones
Thank you very much for the obits, now I have to connect the two Canfields some how. Edna and my great grandfather John Canfield.
Who ever thought genealogy was easy, Lol, I don't think so.

To the people who responded in June, I thank you also for all the information.

I have been battling lung cancer and I am on the mend, thanks to the good Lord and all the prayers.

Marcena

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 2:14AM GMT
I wish you the best marcena.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions