Search for content in message boards

Pictures/Postcards from Grantsburg/Rush City

Pictures/Postcards from Grantsburg/Rush City

Posted: 6 Apr 2003 7:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grantsburg pics
Hello everyone,

There have been many people on the list and this forum that have helped me out in the last couple years. In return I would like to return the favor....

I have a number of photos, postcards, and letters that were saved by my gg grandmother Erickson; she and her family resided in Rush City from 1900 to about 1914 when she moved to St. Paul. A number of her siblings did stay in Rush City, and nearby Grantsburg, WI.

I would love some public forum to post these pictures so everyone with an interest in Rush City or Grantsburg could make a copy, or maybe even identify mystery photos (which there are many).

Nance, how about your site? What are the image requirements?

Thanks,

Mark Smith

Re: Pictures/Postcards from Grantsburg/Rush City

Scott Cook (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2003 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Cook, A(E)verson, Larson
Hi Mark,
I would like to see the pics/postcards that you have. I have ancestors from Rush City, and Grantsburg. If you find a place to post them, please let me know. My G-Grandfather "Harry W. COOK" was from Rush City. And also lived in Grantburg, and also Danbury. He had many siblings.

Thank You,

Scott Cook

Ray Lundquist (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Lundquist, Norris, Holmes, Cook, Averson, Hertenstein, Peak
Mark, who is your g-g-grandmother Erickson? I lived in Rush City and also Grantsburg for many years and I might know of her. At least I probably know her descendants; I knew everyone in town. I might be able to identify some of your pictures. I would like to see them.

Mark Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 May 2003 6:08PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Erickson, Larson, Wilson
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the message.

John and Marie Erickson (and daughter Ida) emmigrated to Rush City about 1870 from Sweden. They lived at their farm until 1910. John died 1899; Marie died in St.Paul 1925. John, Robert and Marie are buried in unmarked graves NW of Rush City at the Free MIssion Cemetery.

While in Rush City John and Marie had: Emma, Charles, Robert, Amanda, Gustaf, and William.

Robert and Charles moved to Grantsburg between 1900-1910. They were credited for rigging the electricity for the city of Grantsburg. Robert died in 1914; Charles lived in Grantsburg and is buried in Riverside Cemetery with his wives Emma and Freda. His children in Grantsburg were Olive, Stanley, Harvey, and Vina. I also have Wilson's that lived in Grantsburg; Nels and Elena are buried in Riverside Cemetery, and Amanda Erickson married their son Carl Oscar.

Amanda often visited both Grantsburg (her friends the Hoglunds lived there, in addition her in-laws Eddie Larson and Olga (Wilson/Larson). She moved with her husband to St. Paul and lived there the rest of her life. Ida Erickson married a Lund and lived in St. Paul; Emma married a Frogner in Stillwater, and a Cox later in White Bear; Gustaf married a Nordly and lived in St. Paul; William never married, but lived in St. Paul, Mn. That's it in a nutshell- I have much, much more info.

The pictures, postcards and letters I have are from Karlsborg, WI, Grantsburg, and Rush City MN. There are postcards of people and places dating from 1900-1930. Please feel free to email me and I will be happy to send you some that you may recognize.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mark Smith

Posted: 21 Dec 2012 11:55AM GMT
Surnames: Erickson Peterson Fallstrom
This conversation is old, but I am wondering if you still have any of the pictures and postcards available.

I currently live in Grantsburg, WI. We are putting together the history of our house and those who lived here. I do not know if it is the same, but at one point there was an Ida Erickson living in this house, sharing with Violet Fallstrom (nee Peterson).

I would love to see what pictures you have.

Thank you.
Jeremy and Erica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions