Search for content in message boards

Antwerp emmigrants

Antwerp emmigrants

Beth Meltz (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Christiaansen, Muenchow, Braun
I am trying to locate information regarding ancestors who emmigrated from port at Antwerp to Philadelphia and then Milwaukee. I know the Friedrich Braun family emmigrated in 1891. I am suspecting that the Christiaansen family and Muenchow family may have also emmigrated from Antwerp. I only know that Lizzie Christiaansen married Henry Muenchow and lived in Milwaukee. They had four children and both Lizzie and Henry died in 1905. The chilren then went to live with Lizzie's parents in Milwaukee.

Re: Antwerp emmigrants

Stephen Meltz (View posts)
Posted: 19 Oct 2001 3:15PM GMT
My grandparents, Joseph and Nettie Meltz arrived in Philadelphia in 1906 or 1907. I do not know what port they left from in Europe. They subsequently, I am not sure what year, moved to Chicago where the family has remained. I know of no relatives in Milwaukee, but I have met some from the Philadlphia area. My grandparents came from the Ukraine. If this is helpful, please let me know.

Leonard Meltz of Philadelphia, PA 1942

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:01AM GMT
Leonard is pictured in the yearbook of the 42X class of the 734th Basic Training Flying Squadron at Randolph Field, Texas. He is a flight cadet. I'm not kin but thought this might help someone researching the MELTZ family.

Re: Muenchow / Christiansen family in Milwaukee's German newspapers

Posted: 14 Apr 2013 2:08PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2013 2:13PM GMT
Surnames: Christiansen Muenchow Münchow
This is an old posting, but if it's helpful to Muenchow family research, the family published death notices in the local German newspapers for both 'Lizzie' Christiansen Muenchow and Henry Muenchow - but in 1906, not in 1905 as the posting states. There were even death anniversary notices published in 1907.

There are about 100 combined Muenchow & Münchow entries found in "Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping family researchers collect evidence of our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions