Search for content in message boards

Andrew Jackson Cambron, who were his parents?

Andrew Jackson Cambron, who were his parents?

Posted: 24 Jun 2008 5:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CAMBRON, DELLINGER, GLASS.
Andrew J Cambron born 15 Apr 1819 in GA was my great-great grandfather. I find him listed in several family trees as the son of Bailey Cambron b ca 1801 GA. Bailey did have a son Andrew b 1825/26 GA.In 1850 my Andrew age 30 lives in M.D.986,Paulding, GA with wife Rebecca and children; Margaret, John, James, & Katherine. In 1850 Bailey's son Andrew age 24 is living with his father in CA,Cobb,GA. I don't see them being the same person. If anyone can tell me the straight of this Please do. I would like to put this to rest before I'm put to rest.I would be very greatful! Liz Dellinger or K.Glass if your out there please let me hear from you.

Re: Andrew Jackson Cambron, who were his parents?

Posted: 23 Nov 2008 10:53PM GMT
Hi Andrew Jacson Cambron is my gg grand. Andrew and Rebecca had 10 children. His daughter Mary Ann is my great grandmother and married William Washington Manson. Andrew's parents wereBailey and Mary, and Bailey's parents wereAllen and Nacy Bailey Cambron.
You can email me at judikwe@hotmail.com

Posted: 1 Jul 2009 3:56PM GMT
Surnames: Willis, Stepp, Ellis, McDonald, Cambron
Bobbie, is this you?

Have you had any luck solving this mystery of Andrew's parents??

Vonda

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 8:30PM GMT
Surnames: CAMBRON
Hi Vonda:

Does better late than never work here.

I am still trying to clarify the parents of our Andrew.

Sorry I didn't see this before now.

Bobbie

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 1:33AM GMT
Was 1of his children John Thomas Cambron. I have a family history book on the Cambron's but it stops at mr Andrew

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 4:22AM GMT
Yes his first son was John Thomas Cambron. Could you tell me about the Family Book and how you obtained it. Very interested. Thank you for responding.

Posted: 18 Feb 2012 8:16PM GMT
my grandmother is a cambron and she gave this book to my mom. it was made back in the early 70s and it is full of cambron info but it began with andrew so i have nothing before him. thank you so much for responding to me! are u kin to andrew also?

Posted: 20 Feb 2012 5:34AM GMT
Thanks for repling. Yes, Andrew was my great great grandfather through James Monroe Cambron and Martha Jane Fulgham. I would like to know more of your line. Maybe we can correspond. My email is bday@sti.net.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Thanks, Bobbie

Posted: 2 May 2012 3:38AM GMT
I don't know the answer, but here's a clue.

My GGG grandparents were Thomas Cox and Martha Patsy Cockrell. After Martha died, Thomas married Dicy.

Dicy Cambron is shown on the 1850 census for Cobb County, GA in Bailey Cambron's household. At first glance, it seems that Dicy is Baily's daughter, but notice that her name is at the bottom of the census record, out of sequence with the other children. This makes me think that she is possibly a daughter in law. See below for household members and ages.

Baily Cambron 49
Mary Cambron 47
Riley Cambron 25
Andrew Cambron 24
Mary A Cambron 16
Nancy Cambron 13
Martha M Cambron 11
Dicy Cambron 15
Nancy Cambron 0

I have been unable to find a marriage record, but I think that Dicy married Thomas Cox around 1858, probably in Polk County GA. The 1860 census for Polk County GA shows the following. The Cox children are from Thomas Cox's first wife. The Cambron children are apparently from Dicy's first husband (unknown Cambron).

Thoma Cox 53
Dicy Cox 28
James M Cox 16
Sarah R Cox 15
William T J Cox 13
Henry N Cox 11
Ella F Cox 7
Harney J Cox 1
Nancy E Cambron 10
Josiah Cambron 8
Andrew J Cambron 6
Mary S Cambron 5

The family moved from GA to TX, and can be found on the 1870 census for Collin TX. There is a transcription error in Cambron spelled as Cammarn.

Thomas Cox 62
Dicy Cox 37
William Cox 23
Newton Cox 19
Ella Cox 17
Hattie Cox 11
Oscar Cox 7
Eli Cox 6
Lavozier Cox 1
Nancy Cammarn 19
Joseph Cammarn 18
Jackson Cammarn 16
Mary Cammarn 14

I hope this helps! Let me know what you think!

Posted: 2 May 2012 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: Cambron
I just saw this.
Yes it's me Vonda. and I'm still looking for Andrew's parents.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic