Search for content in message boards

Brown/Scotland

Brown/Scotland

Don Beasley (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 3:02AM GMT
Looking for info on Charles and James Brown.
Charles's son was sent back to Scotland to work in James Brown's ship yard on the Clyde River at the age of 11. around the very late 1700's to the mid 1800's. The first Charles married Ann Lamont had 3 children Charles, Cecelia and Robert! Please post to email address if any one has information! Thanks Don

James Brown

M. Castles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 1:28PM GMT
I have a James Brown in my line that is listed as being from Fifshire, Scotland. He was born in 1710 and is buried in Fairfield Co. SC. James had a son named Thomas Brown whose children are: William, Mary, Jane (Jenny), Nathaniel, Thomas, David, George, Leminda, John, Daniel, Margaret. E-mail me if you think this is some relation.

James Brown

W Gunn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 3:18PM GMT
Do you have any children of your James Brown B 1710, that may be a father to my James Brown b abt 1797?

James Brown

W Gunn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 3:23PM GMT
The James Brown I am looking for had a son James born in Douglas, Lanarkshire, Scotland in 1825. I have the info on the son, James but nothing is known about the father except his wife was Marion Houtson. The son James is buried in Salt Lake City, UT, but it is not known if the father James came to Ut with him.

James Brown

W Gunn (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 3:27PM GMT
The son James Brown, was known to have been in Edinburgh around 1847 and Aberdeen around 1851 and Glascow in 1857. They had a child die on the plains in 1863 which would be about the time they emigrated to UT. The son James, was married to Isabelle Hogg from Edinburgh, Scotland.

James Brown 1710

M. Castles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 6:10PM GMT
The only child I know of is a Thomas Brown because I am in his line. James married a Janet Brown b. Nov. 6, 1713 in Fifeshire, Scotland. They are both buried at Molly Austin grave yard in the Greenbriar Community of Winnsboro, Fairfield Co., SC.

James Brown-Fairfield Co, SC 1740-1821

davis (View posts)
Posted: 3 Mar 2000 7:23PM GMT
James Brown left a will with the following family: wife-Janet, sons: John, William, James and Samuel, daughters: Nancy, Mary and Margaret. His grave says he was born in 1740 and died on March 11, 1821. Janet's grave says she was born on Dec. 6, 1748 and died on May 30, 1830.

James Brown

Glenda (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 6:10PM GMT
Hi, I'm not sure if your James Brown listed on Ancestry message boards is the same as mine, the only information I have is that he was in the Revolutionary War as a Private, Virginia Contential Line. His son was Thomas Brown, his son David Green Brown b. 1808 m. Celia Frederick, their son George Washington Brown b. 1841 m. 1st Nancy Lousan, m. 2nd Nancy Putteet, m. 3rd Martha Jane Floyd.

David Celia were born in North Carolina, married in Tennessee, lived in KY. That is where their children were born.

James would be my 5th great grandfather, but we were told he was married to a Esther Elliott, and Thomas married an Alsey Ellery. But as you probably know sometimes information can be wrong. This information was found at a deceased relatives home in the form of letters. If you could provide any information, please contact me at gaphillippi@aol.com Thanks so much for any help.
Posted: 8 Jan 2001 2:25AM GMT
Edited: 4 Feb 2003 5:14AM GMT
Mary,
Does your Brown's come from Chesterfield County,SC? Do you have any data on David Brown?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic