Search for content in message boards

George Payne's decendants

George Payne's decendants

Payne (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jul 2001 10:49PM GMT
I would like to have what you have. Please e-mail me at cdt57oval@juno.com. I have that George married Dinah Faubian. I found her siblings listed in her fathers will in Lawrence Co., In. Her father was Moses Faubian. She is listed in the 1860 census with George. George's dad John is my gggg grandad. So George's brother William is my ggg grandad. If you would like George's siblings descendants, I can e-mail you what I have. I would like all the descendants up to, as close as possible, the present. Before I started this, and before I got married, many people asked if I was related to the Paynes' in Indiana, and I always said no. I can't anymore. Thanks for your info.

Re: George Payne's decendants

Posted: 31 Jul 2001 3:19AM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Payne, Danner, King,
George Payne is my ggg grandfather. Dianh Fanbion is his second wife. They had no children. I will e-mail you his decendants if you want them, but it will be later in the week as this is busy time at work.

Payne (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2001 6:32PM GMT
I would love to have his descendants. Which line do you come through? Please e-mail me @ cdt57oval@juno.com. Thanks.

Posted: 29 Jan 2002 10:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Sep 2003 1:33AM GMT
Surnames: PAYNE/PAINE
I am interested in this George Payne, but from a different perspective. I know that his father was John Payne, born 24 November 1772 in Virginia, and that he married Rebecca ________, born 4 August 1784. I am frankly interested in the father of John Paine. He is a son of one of the six sons of John and Frances Coleman Paine of Spotsylvania Co., VA. We can eliminate several of the sons: John had a son John who died in Virginia in 1836; Barnett had a son John who died in KY and whose descendants migrated to Bond Co., IL; and Robert had a son John (1789-1866) who lived in Buncombe Co., NC. That leaves Thomas, George, and William. Since he named his first son George, I lean to him being the father of John. George was marrid to Lizzie (Elizabeth) ________, and he died in Winkler Co, Ohio in 1819. Do you have anything on the father of John? I am a descendant of Robert.

John Payne

Elle Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:09AM GMT
I don't have any info on John Payne's (b. 1772) father. We (family) have been looking for years, but couldn't track him in NC or in VA where we know he was born. We know that he moved from VA when he was 19 yrs old with his father. I recently have made contact with a Ford descendant (John's wife was Rebecca Ford) who said that Payne's were in Burke, NC at the same time her Fords were and was trying to connect Rebecca to their family. I have checked census records and have come to the conclusion that John was in Burke, NC in the 1810 & 1820 census'. My father believed that John came from Spotsylvania, VA, but I haven't found any records to that. I also believe that John possibly had brothers named William and Abner and possibly Daniel. They were all together in the 1810 census. I would be very interested in what info you have. I come through John's 8th son William.

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:20AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2005 12:18AM GMT
We have not been able to find out much about John's father as yet. We know that John and Rebecca moved from NC to Lawrence County Indiana about 1821. They had 9 children when they moved to Indiana and they had 3 more boys born in Indiana, for a total of 12 children (9 boys and 3 girls).

The earliest information which we have about our branch of the Payne family in America comes to us from the notes of George W Payne of Bedford, Indiana. He related that his grandfather, John Payne, was born in Old Virginia (November 24, 1772). At the age of nineteen, John and his father left their Virginia home and settled in North Carolina. There John married Rebecca Ford (b. August 4, 1784), also from Virginia. Their first child, George, was born May 14, 1802.

The family remained in North Carolina until the fall of 1821 when they moved to Lawrence County, Indiana. There they settled in Pinhook, east of Bedford.

If we come across any additional information about John's father. I will keep your email address and let you know what we find. Hopefully you will do the same for us.

Millie

RAY LEWIS PAYNE (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2002 11:26PM GMT
Surnames: PAYNE HUMPHRYS LONG MCDANIEL ENSLEY
MILLIE,

DO YOU HAVE ANY INDICATIONS THAT JOHN PAYNE IN MUCH LATER YEARS EVER MOVED BACK TO EITHER TN OR NC? LIKE IN 1860 HE MIGHT BE THE JOHN PAYNE NOW IN POLK COUNTY TN CENSUS LIVING WITH A MUCH YOUNGER WIFE?

THANKS

RLP

Millie (View posts)
Posted: 28 Mar 2002 12:24PM GMT
Ray,

There is no indication that he moved to TN. Records seem to indicate that he died in Lawrence County, Indiana. He also had a son John Payne but he appears to have settled in Washington County, Indiana. Sorry I can't be of more help, but there are so many Paynes and they appear to have moved all over the country.

Posted: 4 Jul 2002 8:56PM GMT
I have just begun my research on my father's line. My grandfather was Otis Payne and he died in Washington, Indiana in 1930. My father doesn't remember his grandparents' names except that his father's mother was Laura something-or-other. Otis also had a brother named Arlie. Do these names ring any bells?

Elle Taylor (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jul 2002 9:06PM GMT
No, the names don't ring any bells, but there were a few Payne's in Indiana that possibly all came from the same family in Burke, NC who originally came from Virginia. OR, there's another Payne line in Washington, IN that doesn't seem to be related (at least we haven't found a connection yet) that the names might match in their family line. Good luck
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions