Search for content in message boards

Heniser/Brown

Heniser/Brown

Posted: 30 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 8:00PM GMT
Surnames: Heniscey, Heniser, Brown, Berrieux, Shoupe, Wikel, Heston
Looking for decendents of Grandfather Clarence O. Brown and Grandmother Bertha Berrieux from Portland, IN Jay County.
Also Grandfather Christian Heniscey and Grandmother Rena Heston.
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I'm looking for a Susan Wikel married Christian Heniscey of Jay County 11/2/1862. She was born in Ohio to Daniel and Elizabeth Wikel.

Wikel relation

Lois Jacobson (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wikel
Don't know if my Wikel ancestor is related to your Daniel Wikel or not but I think they may have been brothers or cousins and would be interested to trade any information you may have on this family. This article was in The Portland Sun Wed Aug 30 1905 Aged Pike Township Citizen Dead. Daniel Wikel, one of the oldest residents of this county died at 4 o'clock Friday afternoon at the home of his daughter, Mrs. John Henizer, 5 mi s of this city. He was born in VA Aug 15 1822 and at his death was 83yr and 10 days. He moved to this county about 1840 and since then has made his home in Jefferson Twp. He is the father of Mrs. John Henizer and Mrs. Susanna Henizer of Jeff Twp, John Wikel of Montpelier and George Wikel of Traverse City, MI. The funeral cortege left the late residence at 1 Sun afternoon going to the Flesher cemetery in Jeff Twp where the remains were interred. No funeral services were held.
I have been to Flesher cemetery but no stones are there for either Daniel or his wife, Elizabeth.
Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
I read you response again on Wikel of Jay County. I noticed he was the father of Mrs Susanna Henizer. Susan Wikel married my great,great grandfather Christian Heniscey the surname of Heniscey got changed to Heniser somewhere down the line when I haven't figured out yet. Anyway Susan was the daughter of a Daniel and Elizabeth Wikel and was born in Ohio. There might be a connection or not but it does seem like it.

Daniel Wikel

Darleen Yourzek (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WIKEL, WIKLE, WYKEL, WICKEL, OLIVER
Researching Henry T. Wikel (Wikle, Wykel, Weikel, Wical, etc.) Born in VA March 10, 1826 (or 1828). Appears 1850 Cass County,IN census. Married Jane Oliver, Cass County IN 1865. Died 1906 Miami County IN. He is my gr gr grandfather.
Might he be a brother of your Daniel of Jay County IN who was born in VA 1822? Do you have Daniel's parents or location in VA? Thanks. Darleen.

Wikel

Lois Jacobson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Wikel, Stoner, Michael
My ancestor is Jacob Andrew Wikel, born 13 Feb 1865 in Jay Co IN to Jacob Franklin and Mary Magdelene (Ann) Stoner Wikel. Jacob Franklin was born 21 Mar 1825 in VA to John and Amanda Michael Wikel. I believe (have not been able to prove that John and Amanda Wikel moved at sometime to Jay Co. I do know that there is a large family of Wikel who may be related to Henry that lived in Preble Co, Ohio, which was where Jacob Franklin married Mary Magdelene Stoner.
Posted: 16 Mar 2002 4:31PM GMT
Edited: 8 Feb 2003 1:02AM GMT
Do you have any info on Daniel Wikle that married Mary ann Woodall(?) he was born in VA and died in preble county ohio. This is my gg grandparents. Daughter Lydia Ann born in Sangerville, VA 12-10-1868.

Re: Heniser/Brown

Pat Heston Horn (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2006 3:49PM GMT
Hi, Margo - I have a few names for the children of Rena E. Heston, b 1878, Jay Co, IN, who m 29Dec1898, Jay Co, IN, Ezra H. Heniscey, b @1875, Jay Co, IN, son of Christian Hensicey and Susan Wikel. I have Fay, Ethel, Edgar, and Frederick. but that's all I have. Pat Heston Horn

Re: Wikel relation

Posted: 7 Jun 2008 9:43PM GMT
Daniel Wikel and wife Elizabeth are burried in the Bost Cemetery along with daughter Susanna Heniscey and husband Christian. There are a couple of Fleshers burried out there and people get it confused. I have been to both cemeteries looking for my husbands ancesters. My mother in law is a great grandaughter to Christian. Also several members of the family had changed their names from Heniscey to Heniser. Could John and Christian have been brothers? Thanks for any info you can help me with.

Re: Wikel relation

Posted: 1 May 2012 8:32PM GMT
Susanah Heniscey/Henizer was my husbands 3rd great grandmother. Her parents Daniel and Elizebeth Wikel are burried in the Bost cemetery. I have photos of the stones. The cemetery gets confused with Flesher cemetery because at the front of the cemetery there are a couple of large tombstones of Fleshers who are burried there. If you can send me your email address I can email copies of the stones to you. Mine is mcmart6@yahoo.com. I am still trying to figure out the John Henizer thing. Do you know if Christian and John were brothers maybe? Thanks for any info you can give me.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic