Search for content in message boards

Nelms Family of LA and MS

Nelms Family of LA and MS

Posted: 20 Jul 2002 3:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2002 9:10PM GMT
Surnames: Nelms, Batson
I am searching for information on a Nathan Nelms and his wife Margaret, last name starts with " K ", Per my GG Grandmothers death certificate she was born in Claiborne Parish, LA on May 04, 1853/55. Her name was Missouri Ann Nelms. I have very little info on her family, only that her parents were born in Mississippi, and she married in 1878 my GG Grandfather William Batson and died on December 07, 1917 in Sabine Parish, LA. Any informaton would be most appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Nelms Family of LA and MS

Posted: 24 Sep 2002 10:06PM GMT
Surnames: NELMS
I am looking for my grandmother Francis NELMS who died in Sabine Parish, LA I believe about 1927. She had two daughters, and the only name I have of the two daughters is Rita Nelms, who is my grandmother. I am not sure if we are on the same track here. Please email me or leave a message. Thanks!!!!

Posted: 4 Mar 2006 5:46AM GMT
Surnames: NELMS
Rita Myrtle Nelms was born 4-24-1923
she had a sister named Mary who married a Johnson.
She was born abot 1917.
Father was Henry L. Nelms.
Their mother was killed in Zwolle Louisiana in 1928.

email me at smartindnelms@aol.com
the email on the header is not correct

Posted: 19 Aug 2012 6:18PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2012 6:18PM GMT
Hi.

I am the Granddaughter of Rita Nelms and Joseph Talbert. I am happy to share email correspondence with anyone looking for further information or has information to share.

Rita Myrtle Nelms had a sister but her birth name was Maggie, not Mary, after they were separated and put in orphanages Maggie was renamed Mary Armstrong, she was born 1 May 1917, Rita was born 14 April 1923.
The mother was Minnie Gipson and she was killed 9 Feb 1926.
Father was Henry Nelms, also passed in Sabine Parish.

Nannette (Nan) Talbert
nltalbert70@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions