Search for content in message boards

"Clover Hill , Appomattox. Va."

"Clover Hill , Appomattox. Va."

Helen Litchford kinsley (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2003 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, Would anyone out there give me some info on Clover Hill , Appomattox. I found my grandmother on the 1880 Census and she was 3 yrs old and lived at Clover Hill. Where is this place and can I go there today??? Need any info !!!!!!! Thank you for your help.......Helen

Re: "Clover Hill , Appomattox. Va."

Posted: 16 Aug 2003 11:27PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2004 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Fore
Clover Hill was a district located near Appomattox Court House Historical District, I believe. My grandmother lived there too. She was a Fore. The people at the present Court House will give you a map, and perhaps help you with the area. What was the family name?

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 4:52AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2003 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Cooper
Thank you for your info. The names of my family was Cooper.Thanks again........Helen

Joy Powell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2003 4:29PM GMT
Surnames: Marshall, Fore
Sandra, my granddaughter is descended from Josephine Fore b. 1 June 1900 Appomattox Co. and Lacy Marshall b. VA

There is mention of Clover Hill and Red House in some notes that her VA grandmother sent her. The lady was not well and couldn't remember a lot.

"Jo" 's parents were Jack and Roxie Fore.

Posted: 6 Dec 2003 1:49AM GMT
Hi Joy, Just got your message. Richard Earle Fore and Roxie Wright were my great uncle and great aunt. (My grandparents were sister and brother to them.) Richard was a son of Patrick Henry Fore and Emma Virginia Agee of Appomattox Co. Could these be the ones you are thinking of?

Posted: 6 Dec 2003 1:54AM GMT
Sorry. I am answering my own message. Richard Earle Fore and Roxie Wright were not married until 1905. Must be someone else.

Posted: 20 May 2007 7:00PM GMT
My ancestors lived in the Clover Hill area. It is near Pamplin, VA. My father said it is near the Appomattox and Prince Edward county line. Surname is: Richardson/Hubbard.

Posted: 20 May 2007 8:41PM GMT
Surnames: Robertson, Reveley
My family was there as well, and descendants of their slaves are still in the area. I have attached a Civil War map locating Clover Hill. I have a lot of research on Clover Hill if you would like it. I'm happy to share my maps, deeds, census images, etc with anyone interested in Clover Hill or Nebraska.

Margaret Robertson of "Nebraska" married George Reveley and they lived at the Reveley plantation, White Marsh, on the Appomattox/Campbell county line. When George died she returned to Nebraska in Appomattox County and inherited the plantation when her father died. I'm trying to find it in hopes of finding the cemetery where George Francis Reveley, the VMI cadet who was in the Battle of New Market, is buried along with his brother William Wirt Reveley.

My email address is
sarahreveley@grandecom.net
or if that bounces try
emilyancestral@yahoo.co.uk

Sarah in Texas

Attachments:

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: Moore,carroll, phelps, burge
Hello, Clover Hill is listed on my B/Cerf. It was the judgical district. I was born april 3, 1936.

Posted: 21 Jul 2007 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: carroll,moore
So do know any Carroll's from that area...Looking for Lucille Carroll
per page

Find a board about a specific topic