Search for content in message boards

Nicholas Riott and Evan Bard

Nicholas Riott and Evan Bard

Sheila Reott (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jan 2002 10:33PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for any information on Nicholas Riott(1780-1864) and his wife Evan Bard..they were married in Bavaria,Germany and immigrated to US in 1825 and probably settled in Pennsylvania. I have read that descendants spelled their surname Riott and Reott. Have seen many Reotts listed from Pennsylvania. My father was Theodore Reott, born in Pennsylvania.

Re: Nicholas Riott and Evan Bard

Posted: 14 Oct 2002 10:26PM GMT
Surnames: Riott
Hi Sheila,

If you are related to Nicolas Riott and Eva Bard, I am a distant relative of yours. My name is John Riott. I have recently been in contact with a Jack Reott who has done a lot of work tracing the family history. I am waiting for some information from him. When I get it, I'll contact you if your name comes up in the records.

The following address has the information about Nicholas and Eva.
http://www.rootsweb.com/~pabutler/1895/95x71-1.htm

NICHOLAS RIOTT, a native of Bavaria, Germany, immigrated to Baltimore, Maryland, in 1825. In 1830 he purchased a farm of 316 acres of land in what is now Summit township, Butler county, cleared and improved it, and died in his eighty-third year. He married Eva BARD, and was the father of three sons, viz.: Francis; Nicholas, and Jacob. They succeeded to the old homestead, which was equally divided between them. Mr. RIOTT and family were members of the Catholic church, and among the first Germans of that faith who settled in Summit township.

FRANCIS RIOTT, eldest son of Nicholas and Eva RIOTT, was born in Bavaria, Germany, April 3, 1814, came to America with his parents in 1825, and five years afterwards located in Summit township, Butler county. At his father's death he succeeded to one-third of the original tract, containing 111 acres, all of which he cleared and improved, and upon which he still resides. He subsequently added to his farm, until it now aggregated 220 acres, the larger portion of which is under a high state of cultivation. In July, 1837, Mr. RIOTT married Elizabeth SMITH, a daughter of John and Eva (RICHARD) SMITH, of Oakland township. To this union have been born ten children, as follows: Nicholas; Jacob; Mary, wife of John LEECH; Francis; Margaret; Barbara, wife of John NULETT; George; Catherine, wife of John WEYLAND; Joseph, and Elizabeth. Mr. RIOTT and family are members of St. Mary's Catholic church, at Herman, and in politics, he is a Democrat. He has been prominent in both church and public affairs, has held nearly every office in the township, and has served five terms as justice of the peace. He is one of the substantial and wealthy citizens of the community.

There is also a site called www.geneology.com. Jack Reott entered all of his information on that site. You have to pay to access this information and buy the software. I have not done this.

Thanks,

John W. Riott

John Riott (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2002 4:57PM GMT
Surnames: Reott Riott
Sheila,

I did receive the complete family history from Jack Reott. You are related to me.

If you would like more information, please contact me.

Thanks,

John Riott

Posted: 10 Dec 2002 10:43AM GMT
Surnames: Reott, Beggs, Ray, Clark
My niece was Sondra Kay Reott born in Orlando, Florida in 1969 and died in Scottsboro, Al. in an auto accident in Sep. 1998. Her father was James E. Reott, born 15 Dec 1933 in Pennsylvania and died 1993 in Orlando, Fl. James E. Reott was the son of Liola Beggs and George Reott. I don't know much about the Reotts but would like to find out whether George had other children or not. Liola and George divorced when James E. Reott was about two years of age and George probably remarried. I did find the Beggs family and the family of Nicholas Reott living beside each other in the 1930 Census in Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania. I recognized the names of Liola's brothers, and she was in the census also. George was a son of Nicholas Reott living next door. James E. Reott married my sister, Jessie Mae Clark in Orlando and they only had one child. James E. Reott was the only child of his mother Liola Beggs Reott Peery. (She remarried also.) Now that James E. Reott and Sondra are dead, the line ends. Sondra never married and had no children. I loved my niece very much, and a part of me wants to know about her heritage and whether she had any Reott relatives that might want to know about her. I found one family tree in WFT's that seems to match what info that I have and it indicates that George J. Reott did marry again to a Martha Ray and that he had several more children. If any of those descendants would like to contact me, I will be glad to provide more info on James E. Reott and on Sondra. I have pictures and other info on them. You can contact me here or directly at lcbell@charter.net. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from some one.

Leavie C. Bell

John W. Riott (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2002 3:21PM GMT
I checked in the information that I have an can't find your neice. I would Contact Jack Reott.

412-787-2107

He should be able to help you. He told me that all Reotts and Riotts are related.

Good Luck,

John

Leavie C. Bell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Dec 2002 8:25PM GMT
Do you have an email or snail mail address for Jack Reott/Riott? I would like to contact him. I do remember that Liola Beggs' brother said one time to Liola (it was overheard) that he had visited in Pennsylvania and run into George. Of course this was many years ago. He did say that George had a family. I really believe that it is the George Reott, that was son of Nicholas that was living next door to the Beggs in 1930 and that this same George is the one that later married Martha Ray, and had about 14 other children. Thank you for your time, and help in this matter. Perhaps you could contact Jack Riott and give him my email address and he could contact me.

A little about Liola: She worked in a hospital in Pennsylvania on 12 hour shifts and made angel food cakes and sold them on the road, saved her money and moved first to Eustis, Florida with her son James Elwood Reott. She bought an egg farm and let her parents run it, while she worked as a welder in the shipyards in the Tampa area. Again she saved her money and bought some real estate in the Apopka, Florida area and built a store which she and her parents run. She died in either 1994 or 1995 in a nursing home in Virginia. Her only heir was Sondra at the time, for her son had preceded her in death. Then Sondra died in the auto accident in Sep 1998 in Scottsboro. Sondra's mother and I were with her at the time. Sondra was driving and lost control of the Blazer, and she died in the accident. I was injured slightly but her mother, My sister, was seriously injured in the accident. She has recovered now, but will always have a bad arm and pelvic area as a result, and of course she still grieves the loss of her only natural child.

Thanks again,
Leavie C. Bell

Posted: 18 Mar 2003 10:42PM GMT
Yes I was wondering what all you knew about the Reott family Especially the Riott family. i just started doing this after my father died in 98 his name was Theodore Francis Reott Sr.some called him Ted or Teddy , and then Martha Raye Reott died In 99 Of September 16th. They tried to keep my fathers death from her for awhile. But they knew they couldn't keep it from her, she had already lost 2 more of her sons and George her husband in 83. My 2 Uncle Joey and Phillip, I believe Joseph died in 79, and my Uncle Phillip died in his early 30's. From a car accident. He had found out not long before the accident that he had an in-operable brain tumor. My Uncle Richie and Phillip were in the car together that night. This is just what I was told. It was good road conditions that night and they had hit head on into something I don't remember but I believe Phillip was dead on impact. Richie had been hurt also but, did recover. I don't know if you know any of these people. But, if you know anything about George and Martha Reott, you know who these people are. And I was wondering if you weren't from one of My Grandfather's brothers kid? Because I found that my grandfather had 2 other brothers and 1 sister. I have gone back since 1784 when one of the Nicholas Reott's had married a lady named Eva Bard. And he had a Nicholas Reott ( didn't say anything about a Jr. but there is another Nicholas and one after him) who in turn had my grandfather and 2 brothers and 1 sister. This Nicholas had been married to a lady by the name Sene who would be my g-g Grandmother. Well if you would like to write sometime feel free please.

And also do you or have you talked to this Jack Reott and if he has a e-mail address? I would like to know something about him also.

Thank you,

Sheila Lopes (Reott)
George Reotts and Martha's Grand Daughter

Karyn Reott (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2003 2:05AM GMT
Surnames: Reott / Riott
Jack Reott is my father, and does have email. If you would like to contact him directly, please send me an email first.

My father did a geneology study of all the descendents of Nicholas Reott, who came to Pennsylvania in the 1820s from Bavaria. He's not actively pursuing it anymore, but he has alot of information, and I have a copy of a book he put together on the subject. My father is fairly certain that anyone in the U.S. with the name of Reott or Riott is related.

Karyn - karyn206@yahoo.com

Posted: 22 Aug 2005 7:58AM GMT
Dear John,
I see your information and think we are VERY distantly related through the Weiland line. Jacob Weiland and Frances Berberich married May 11, 1852 ...and I see one of their daughters married into your family. The mother of Frances Berberich was also the mother of my great-grandmother, except by a second husband. I found a listing on a message board for Reott - Poitou-Charentes, France that contained the name of Maria Barbara Greulich = Mother to Frances Berberich. Except, now I can no longer find that message board. Do you have any information on Maria Barbara Greulich. I am espeically interested in the name of her first husband. I think it was Andreas Berberich.Thank you.

Posted: 2 Mar 2011 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: Reott, Riott Rioth
I have a good deal of information, pictures, documents etc if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions