Search for content in message boards

QUADE

Posted: 19 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2002 8:08PM GMT
Surnames: Quade
My gt-grandfather, Francis Quade, stated to have been born c.1859 in King's County, son of William and Eliza. A William Quade/Eliza Egan marriage took placed in 1850 at Banagher which produced 5 children. However, there is a 5 year gap in the births and Francis is not shown as part of this family.

As Limerick is the county where most Quades came from, it might be a possibility that the family returned to Limerick for a few years. Would welcome communication with anyone else researching this family.

Re: QUADE

Jill Williams (View posts)
Posted: 28 Oct 2001 10:21AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Quaid, MacQuaid, Quaide
My Quaid family come from a farm at CloncaghCo Limerick. My grandmother Anne Quaid (or Quaide / Mac Quaid depending on which certificate you consult) was born 22nd December 1890. Her father was Timothy Quaid and mother either Mary or Catherine O Sullivan and they had 9 children in total including Lil, Timothy, Daniel, Catherine Michael, Delia and Anne. Timothy senior was a farmer at Cloncagh and so the story goes he bought back the farm at the end of the 19th century but the farm had been originally owned by the family (and always in the family ) when it became illegal for Catholics to own land in the 17th century.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions