Search for content in message boards

Maynooth & Celbridge Cemetery Records

Maynooth & Celbridge Cemetery Records

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 10:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2012 10:51PM GMT
Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone might have access to cemetery transcriptions for Maynooth and Celbridge. If so, I am hoping you might be so kind as to assist me with locating the burial for Teresa Coffey who died in Maynooth January 1916.

I am bringing my mother to Ireland in 2 weeks and any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you so much!
Beth

Re: Maynooth & Celbridge Cemetery Records

Posted: 13 Aug 2012 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Celbridge Cemetery Records
Hello there,
I'm afraid I can't help you with Maynooth, though I have a lot of cemetery records and photos of the majority of graves in Celbridge (for which there are records headstones existing). I have checked these for the surname of Coffey and afraid I did not find it.
Maynooth, as I remember it, is a much smaller graveyard, so should be far easier to make your way around it. However, depending on Teresa's circumstances, it's very possible there is no headstone to find at all, in which case, you need to find burial records. When I was trying to find these for Celbridge, I was passed back and forth from the local parish priest to the unhelpful person responsible who held the records and caretaking duties of the graveyard. I ended up contacting Kildare Co. Council, who at first referred me back to the priest and the caretaker (it is so frustrating). But then my father approached our local helpful politician, who contacted the Co. Council, and voila! I had an instant email with the old records which had been scanned in! So, I recommend you try one or all of these things, though I realise it's not so easy when you're not in Ireland.

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: farrell
Hi Niamh

I noticed you said you have a lot of records for Celbridge graves and I was wondering if you could help me out, I'm a bit stuck at the moment.

My gg grandfather was John Farrell born about 1859 in Celbridge. His parents were James Farrell & Mary Gallagher. All I know is they were from somewhere around Temple Mill. By the time John got married in Dublin in 1887 his parents are listed as deceased. I know nothing about his parents or where they are from, but I was wondering if you have come across those names in your records.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sharon

Posted: 6 Nov 2012 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
Hi Sharon,

Sorry it took a while to get back to you, but I was looking for my files and it took a few days!

I can't promise that it'll help with finding more info about your great grandfather, but I do have some photos of Farrell headstones from Celbridge. They would be more recent, as in your great grandfather's time, not many people could afford headstones.

If you email me with your address, I can email the photos to you.

niamh_blake@yahoo.com

Niamh
per page

Find a board about a specific topic